Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inroundthesquare

What way did under 19s finish up this year? Was Grade 1 not finished?

Mikhailov

Quote from: inroundthesquare on August 24, 2022, 09:36:48 PM

Shambles of a competition. No respect shown to the players at all. County U20's not available to play and games played on Sunday mornings in pre season for young lads.

The only competition at this level and that was what was thrown at the clubs. Imagine the county U17's or county seniors not allowed to play club championship.... That's basically what happened with the U19/20's. Could have easily been played mid week from May onwards for 6/7 weeks snd finish it all off

LeoMc

Quote from: Mikhailov on August 25, 2022, 06:03:05 AM

Shambles of a competition. No respect shown to the players at all. County U20's not available to play and games played on Sunday mornings in pre season for young lads.

The only competition at this level and that was what was thrown at the clubs. Imagine the county U17's or county seniors not allowed to play club championship.... That's basically what happened with the U19/20's. Could have easily been played mid week from May onwards for 6/7 weeks snd finish it all off
Was in basically targeted as a competition for lads not ready for Senior football?

GlenMan

Quote from: Mikhailov on August 25, 2022, 06:03:05 AM

Then it would have clashed with U17 midweek and ACL on weekends. Realistically Clubs won't let their best players play in an U19 comp while the ACL is ongoing. I really don't think there's a good window to place this comp.

The Trap

U19 should be treated as a vital competition now that minor is u17 and be seen as the bridge to senior football. Surely you could run this at some stage of the season once county u20 and minor is over and before u17 and senior championship is played? Maybe clubs could unearth a couple of players before senior championship. I know it is tough with club league and u17 league but there are not that many teams in it and it could be run off quickly.

ClubScene13

Do we think the live streaming of all Tyrone Championship games will be available this year? If I remember correctly, before Covid it was only really the final that could be live streamed and the feature was only brought in for all games post-Covid where attendances at games had to be lower.

clubman21

Quote from: ClubScene13 on August 25, 2022, 12:44:05 PM
Do we think the live streaming of all Tyrone Championship games will be available this year? If I remember correctly, before Covid it was only really the final that could be live streamed and the feature was only brought in for all games post-Covid where attendances at games had to be lower.
All available last year so id assume same again this year, real pity no online season ticket. Would watch a game i probably wouldn't buy by itself if  this was the case like alot of you probably would too

An Watcher

Makes business sense to make a season ticket available.  I'd never buy a number of one off games but definitely consider a season ticket

Under Lights

Quote from: clubman21 on August 25, 2022, 12:57:12 PM
Quote from: ClubScene13 on August 25, 2022, 12:44:05 PM
All available last year so id assume same again this year, real pity no online season ticket. Would watch a game i probably wouldn't buy by itself if  this was the case like alot of you probably would too

Wouldn't be so sure that ALL games will be available. Massive operation and very costly to run, remember hearing over a grand to stream one game. Like Stewartstown play one of the vanity projects in the first round of the championship why would you stream that.

Under Lights

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 25, 2022, 02:46:53 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 25, 2022, 01:39:42 PM
Wouldn't be so sure that ALL games will be available. Massive operation and very costly to run, remember hearing over a grand to stream one game...

I'd imagine that having Nemeton involved doesn't come cheap.

Also, on the U19 it appears to be having similar problems that the U21 competition used to have for its last several years - there just doesn't seem to be a good time of the year to play it in. Play it during April to October and you directly clash with the All-County Football league, while having it as a Spring league (or at least have the league sections played at the current time of year) threatens to clash with county U20 activity. It has the potential of being a useful competition, but I'm not sure where exactly you could slot it in the calendar without a significant group of people complaining about it.

Under 21 used to be played in November and December back in the mid 2000s.

Localexpert

Quote from: bigtogs on August 23, 2022, 11:21:54 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 22, 2022, 05:40:51 PM
Do any of these guys play in coalisland firsts?

They also Transferred in the 2 McHughs from Clonoe, Tiernan O'Neill and Shane Harte from Brocagh...along with several youth players in the last 2/3 years.

In fairness the mchughs saw what was coming down the tracks ... clonoe put more effort into their teeny boppers these days than on the pitch itself  ;)

GlenMan

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 25, 2022, 03:04:18 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 25, 2022, 02:55:19 PM
Under 21 used to be played in November and December back in the mid 2000s.

I think the biggest problem with holding the U19 league as a winter competition, beginning in Nov/Dec, would be the inevitable complaints brought about from schools competing in the MacRory/Maclaron/Markey etc. competitions, although in principle it would be a good testing bed for the following years U20 county management to scout for potential players that might have slipped through the net at minor level.

November - February : MacRory/MacLarnon/Freshers
March - June : County U17/U20
June - October : Club U17 league & champ, ACL & Championship

It's a conundrum because the competition could be a real stepping stone to adult football.

The best way was under 12,13,14, 16,18 and you could play senior football once out of under 16. Everything after this has been farcical and not to the betterment of players or clubs.

smort

Quote from: 03,05,08 on August 26, 2022, 01:16:05 PM
The best way was under 12,13,14, 16,18 and you could play senior football once out of under 16. Everything after this has been farcical and not to the betterment of players or clubs.

Hear, hear

clarshack

Quote from: 03,05,08 on August 26, 2022, 01:16:05 PM

Absolutely