Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

No need for two week gap between championship games, won't even happen at inter county level next year.
These championship games will most likely be played in poor weather conditions ( mostly winds) should have been played in August / Sept when the weather is good.

Quote from: The Coddfather on August 23, 2022, 07:36:39 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 22, 2022, 05:40:51 PM
Do any of these guys play in coalisland firsts?

Bob McNally was starting for the Seniors at beginning of year but then picked up an injury.

Sean Corr when he first moved a few years back featured in a few Seniors games but then gradually declined to a reserve player.

Che O'Donnell is yet to tog out for Senior/Reserve/Thirds.

Redhand Santa

The two week gap isn't bad as games spread out over a weekend and can be tight from a Sunday game to the following Friday.

Why have they left such a big gap between the last league games in division 1 and championship? Would two weeks not have been sufficient - the earlier you play the games the better chance of better conditions.

ClubScene13

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 23, 2022, 08:41:53 AM
The two week gap isn't bad as games spread out over a weekend and can be tight from a Sunday game to the following Friday.

Why have they left such a big gap between the last league games in division 1 and championship? Would two weeks not have been sufficient - the earlier you play the games the better chance of better conditions.

Unless they are planning on playing league semi finals and league final in this gap.

GlenMan

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 23, 2022, 08:41:53 AM

How long is the gap? 1 week for League Semis, 1 week for League Final and 1 week off.

bogball88

Quote from: The Coddfather on August 23, 2022, 07:38:04 AM
Quote from: WT4E on August 22, 2022, 10:51:46 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 22, 2022, 04:56:01 PM
Quote from: The Coddfather on August 22, 2022, 04:53:54 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on August 22, 2022, 04:39:53 PM
Quote from: The Coddfather on August 22, 2022, 03:55:14 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 22, 2022, 03:31:22 PM
Quote from: square_ball on August 22, 2022, 03:26:37 PM
There must be exceptions to that rule as Coalisland got a transfer through after that deadline this year I believe.

Who was it, and what club were they transferring from? Transferring into a Tyrone club from a club outside the county is a different matter.

Bob McNally from Brackaville.
Would that be his second time transferring from Brackaville to Coalisland?

Wouldn't be 100% sure.

Bob is the third Brackaville player to move to Coalisland in the past few years - the other two being Sean Corr & Che O'Donnell.

What was the reasons for these player transfers. Aren't those 2 clubs with a few miles of each other

Would the fact the fianna manger is a brackaville man.... poaching players possibly?

Sean Corr & Che O'Donnell transferred before Ferguson was at the helm.

However, he could've been a factor for Bob McNally's transfer.
Didn't one of the Gervins transfer back to Brackaville from Ardboe this year?

bigtogs

They also Transferred in the 2 McHughs from Clonoe, Tiernan O'Neill and Shane Harte from Brocagh...along with several youth players in the last 2/3 years.

Onthe40

Bigtogs, you make it sound as if their actually going out recruiting players from other clubs? (recruiting being a mild choice of word :) )

clarshack

Quote from: bigtogs on August 23, 2022, 11:21:54 AM

They also Transferred in the 2 McHughs from Clonoe, Tiernan O'Neill and Shane Harte from Brocagh...along with several youth players in the last 2/3 years.

Conor Talbot from Stewartstown as well.

trailer

Quote from: clarshack on August 23, 2022, 01:48:51 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on August 23, 2022, 11:21:54 AM

Conor Talbot from Stewartstown as well.

f**k me. Like that club in Dublin who were transferring boys in left right and centre.

The Coddfather

Quote from: Onthe40 on August 23, 2022, 01:29:54 PM
Bigtogs, you make it sound as if their actually going out recruiting players from other clubs? (recruiting being a mild choice of word :) )

All I can say is I know for a fact they definitely go out of their way to persuade these players to join. (usually younger players as it is easier to persuade them to make the switch)

I'm not against transfers completely as there are a lot of legitimate reasons however these sly tactics have no place in our game IMO.

WT4E

Quote from: The Coddfather on August 23, 2022, 02:17:38 PM

All I can say is I know for a fact they definitely go out of their way to persuade these players to join. (usually younger players as it is easier to persuade them to make the switch)

I'm not against transfers completely as there are a lot of legitimate reasons however these sly tactics have no place in our game IMO.

I remember back in 2010 they transferred in the big McGahan lad from Killyman and only for him I think we would have took them in the Champo Semi that year!

Under Lights

According to the Transfer list Che O'Donnell went from an Australian club to Coalisland.

The Coddfather

Quote from: Under Lights on August 23, 2022, 03:25:38 PM
According to the Transfer list Che O'Donnell went from an Australian club to Coalisland.

He never played for them.

uptheblues

Quote from: The Coddfather on August 23, 2022, 02:17:38 PM

Poaching flat out. Notorious for it over the years. The new tactic is offering youth players free boots and kit.

Ancharraig123