Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Jimbop on December 12, 2021, 09:43:40 PM
Sure let's have 8 leagues of 6...sure "level it up even more".

Greencastle will enjoy playing senior football regardless. Great achievement. Theyre a better side than Derrylaughan or pomeroy who they replace. And there isnt  much between them and likes of eglish/pomeroy/galbally who went down!

can I have what you are smoking!

clarshack

Quote from: inroundthesquare on December 12, 2021, 03:32:33 PM
Naomh Eoghan 2-09 Beragh 2-06 ft
Greencastle 1-10 Kildress 1-08 ft
Rock 1-21 Moortown 1-06 ft
Stewartstown 1-10 Aghaloo 2-13 ft

Stewartstown relegated to Div 3

Trillick 1-14 Galbally 4-08 ft

And deservedly so. It's time for a rebuild and Division 3 will be very strong next year.

We had 11 years in Division 2 there and I think Gortin must be the longest serving team now in Division 2? since 2008?

Dire Ear

Quote from: clarshack on December 13, 2021, 11:24:51 AM
Quote from: kickitin on December 13, 2021, 10:42:17 AM
michelle cox was at the aghyaran game with the div 2 league trophy

very very embarrassing on the county board side of things

would have been better waiting somewhere half way such as Carrickmore until the results were known.

100%

WeeDonns

would have been better waiting somewhere half way such as Carrickmore until the results were known.

In a helicopter at the C-More Flying school & have her abseil onto the pitch with the trophy under her arm? I'll pass the suggestion on for next year :o

clarshack

Quote from: WeeDonns on December 13, 2021, 12:48:10 PM

In a helicopter at the C-More Flying school & have her abseil onto the pitch with the trophy under her arm? I'll pass the suggestion on for next year :o

Helicopter Sunday! Celtic fans know all about that.

Norf Tyrone

I'm not county board apologist but it's getting to the stage where people are going out of their way to be offended by anything they do.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

kickitin

Quote from: GlenMan on December 13, 2021, 11:11:39 AM
Quote from: kickitin on December 13, 2021, 11:05:36 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on December 13, 2021, 10:49:55 AM

In what way was it embarrasing? If Aghyaran won, they had to be there to give them the trophy?

Greencastle were presented with the trophy an hour or so later when results became clear.

but if aghyaran lost and greencastle won, they had to be there to give them the trophy too?

if greencastle were presented with the trophy an hour later, why could they not have held back on the trophy being at either game?

You can't be in two places at once so the obvious thing is to play the odds.

You may as well be at one game with a 50:50 chance than not being at any games.

this must be mc connell or sludden, trying to actually defend it was a good idea being at one of the games with the trophy  ??? ???

RedHand88

Build a helicopter pad at Garvaghey. Have a chopper bring the trophy to whatever pitch at full time.

GKunion

Quote from: The Trap on December 12, 2021, 09:17:02 PM
Greencastle get one night of celebration but will have a horrible time next year........Division one will be very difficult for them and Moortown.
Division two very tough for most if not all the existing teams with the four coming down of a higher standard to all of the existing teams.
Four divisions of twelve would go a long way to levelling things up.
Agreed, a comment stating they're a better side than Derrylaughan is madness. Beaten in championship in good fashion by the Rock as well as a heavy 9 point defeat to Aghyaran in what was the deciding game at the time. Respect to digging out the results when it looked impossible but not many can say they'll compete for long in Division 1.

kickitin

Quote from: GKunion on December 13, 2021, 01:57:12 PM
Quote from: The Trap on December 12, 2021, 09:17:02 PM
Greencastle get one night of celebration but will have a horrible time next year........Division one will be very difficult for them and Moortown.
Division two very tough for most if not all the existing teams with the four coming down of a higher standard to all of the existing teams.
Four divisions of twelve would go a long way to levelling things up.
Agreed, a comment stating they're a better side than Derrylaughan is madness. Beaten in championship in good fashion by the Rock as well as a heavy 9 point defeat to Aghyaran in what was the deciding game at the time. Respect to digging out the results when it looked impossible but not many can say they'll compete for long in Division 1.

welcome to the board James Kennedy

tyrone1984

Aghyaran will definitely be kicking themselves today. I think the whole county expected them to win yesterday. Sometimes these things arent meant to happen. Kileeshil are a very good side who are well drilled.
The Tatts got the win needed against an Owen Roes side who really put it up to them with so much at stake but just fell short. Division 2 some minefield next year.

Tyrone11234

Definitely- 3 or 4 teams in with a chance of winning it and the rest will be separated by very little.

Goals_Will_Come

I fancy Greencastle to hit the 10 point mark next year as a minimum. They have always held their own in Senior and I think they will again.

Tyrone95

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on December 14, 2021, 07:51:56 AM
I fancy Greencastle to hit the 10 point mark next year as a minimum. They have always held their own in Senior and I think they will again.
Are you staying on yourself next year Sean?

tiempo

Has Sean Teague been in and out of the Greencastle manager role since they won the AI Junior or has he been in charge the whole time? Some man for one man and great to see Greencastle back up in Senior again though expect it to be a tough year