Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

This is how it could pan out. Club cship 23/24 may. Clubs with county players wont have there players for the two weeks before the Donegal game on the 17th may, meaning that they wont have played in a club game for that three week period. I am lead to believe that last league game for clubs prior to the Donegal game is a starred game, therefore best case scenario is clubs with county players at best wont have their players to do any significant prep for the three weeks before the game and probably four weeks if starred game is set. Seriously what a complete f**k up and insult. The only major club to benefit from this will be Carrickmore who now have no county men. Their men in the CCC will be trying their best to influence who ever they can, cant blame them, I would. Internal politics. If there was one league game put in for the 23rd may and the cship played on the weekend of the 30/31 may, I could live with it, but there wont be as it will be about making as money as they can whilst shafting the clubs with county players.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 05, 2015, 02:05:17 PM
This is how it could pan out. Club cship 23/24 may. Clubs with county players wont have there players for the two weeks before the Donegal game on the 17th may, meaning that they wont have played in a club game for that three week period. I am lead to believe that last league game for clubs prior to the Donegal game is a starred game, therefore best case scenario is clubs with county players at best wont have their players to do any significant prep for the three weeks before the game and probably four weeks if starred game is set. Seriously what a complete f**k up and insult. The only major club to benefit from this will be Carrickmore who now have no county men. Their men in the CCC will be trying their best to influence who ever they can, cant blame them, I would. Internal politics. If there was one league game put in for the 23rd may and the cship played on the weekend of the 30/31 may, I could live with it, but there wont be as it will be about making as money as they can whilst shafting the clubs with county players.

I would say your second senario is more likely? I cant see why you would think they would go for the first one, how does this generate any more money?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

In hiding

First scenario is club championship games played over 2 weekends, second scenario is played over one weekend with a league game the previous week. Scenario 1 will produce bigger gates

Tyrone Gaa

More money will be generated by championship gates regardless when it is played.  Season Tickets have been increased from £50 to £60 and gate fees to 1/4 and 1/2 finals have increased by £1. 

County Board will ensure they don't take a hit no matter when the championship is played.
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 05, 2015, 03:10:47 PM
More money will be generated by championship gates regardless when it is played.  Season Tickets have been increased from £50 to £60 and gate fees to 1/4 and 1/2 finals have increased by £1. 

County Board will ensure they don't take a hit no matter when the championship is played.
to be honest, i could live with that if it means a better overall fixtures schedule
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

In hiding

A club championship season ticket makes it impossible for the first round to be run off over one weekend.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: In hiding on February 05, 2015, 03:06:17 PM
First scenario is club championship games played over 2 weekends, second scenario is played over one weekend with a league game the previous week. Scenario 1 will produce bigger gates

scenario one means clubs with county players games would be fixed for 30/311 would not have their player for up to four and potentially five weeks if they don't have a league game on the weekend of 23/24. It just gets better FFs!! Was their league games last season when the same format was applied, even thou Omagh had five weeks to wait, yes 5 weeks to wait for the 1st round of the Ulster club.

The Trap

What happened at this meeting last night?........was there a discussion on fixtures?........if so was it amicable or heated?...........did everyone leave happy?

LeoMc

Quote from: In hiding on February 05, 2015, 03:15:08 PM
A club championship season ticket makes it impossible for the first round to be run off over one weekend.

They used to play the first round as four double headers, 2 games on the Friday evening, 2 on the Saturday evening, 2 on Sunday afternoon and 2 in the evening. It made a great weekends football and you would see a lot of the same faces at all 4 venues. Would like to see that format again instead of padding out with Intermediate and junior matches to increase gate money.

HUNKY DORYS

Ulster league results today. How did Ardboe v Dungannon fair out?

Club Rossa

HUNKY DORYS

Any decent performances from anybody? How did kyle do? Will dungannon make it in senior football this year?

winghalfback

Has anyone any information on when minor and u14 football will start. What about fixture lists I don't  see any of the info required on the Tyrone website and our club secretary doesn't seem to have any info either maybe some of you guys have heard.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: winghalfback on February 09, 2015, 12:11:13 AM
Has anyone any information on when minor and u14 football will start. What about fixture lists I don't  see any of the info required on the Tyrone website and our club secretary doesn't seem to have any info either maybe some of you guys have heard.

This I think was sent out to all Clubs.

Starting dates for Youth (boys) football announced:
Minor: Sunday 22nd February
U-16: Thursday 2nd July
U-14: Saturday 7th March
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Club Rossa

Coney was very good for us yesterday.He did miss a penalty but knocked over a couple of 45s and a few nice points from play.
Would be hard to judge Dungannon on yesterdays performance.I would imagine like all teams in the Ulster league that they were missing a good few of their team.