Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hugh the root

clonoe are hot raging favourites!we were cute only using the wan sub !

blackball

Quote from: hugh the root on July 11, 2014, 01:44:46 PM
clonoe are hot raging favourites!we were cute only using the wan sub !

Should be a good game, Clonoe are strong but have won it 4 or 5 times recently Ardboe could more hungry!

matchfit21

Clonoe 0.09 Ardboe 0.08 i see. Low scoring affair.  Any reports? 

clarshack

Stewartstown 4-7 Omagh 2-11 in minor league 1/4 final this evening at Healy park.
That's us, ardboe, moortown and fianna in the semis. The east is going well!

Club Rossa

Our reserves ran Clonoe very close tonight,I wasn't expecting us to get near them to be honest.First half was dire,both teams kicked a serious amount of wides.Second half picked up and we led by 2 points midway through the half but Clonoe finished strongly and I have to say they probably deserved it.Their substitutes,Rambo in particular made a difference.Congratulations to the Rahilly's,they have been hugely successful the last few years and show no signs of letting up.
Another final lost for us but we aren't in a bad position going forward.Plenty of talent but we just need to learn how to close out the big games.

hugh the root

To be honest I think we got frees handier than Ardboe but the subs won it for us In the end!

hugh the root

ORANGEMAN I got married 3 weeks ago and moved to Clonoe!

everymanaman

Quote from: hugh the root on July 11, 2014, 11:23:22 PM
To be honest I think we got frees handier than Ardboe but the subs won it for us In the end!
Love the sweeping generalisations of the gaa scene.  Ardboe had plenty of chances to at least draw the game, one of them coming from what you might term a 'handy free'

HUNKY DORYS

I was at the Reserve Final last night. It wasn't the best game of football or free flowing, but both teams fought tooth and nail. There was some cracking scores from both teams in the second half. Clonoe did seem to have more punch with there subs, some high calibre players coming of the bench at vital times which I think that saw clonoe through. Although ardboe had a chance at the end to level the match. Thought Ardboes defence was very good and their number 8 played well and took the game to clonoe, Rambo for clonoe played very well too, scored at vital times.
These two teams would probably push any intermediate team on last nights performance so I believe the mind set around Grade 1 Reserve championship should be given a bit more respect and attention.

Club boi

Went to the Ardboe v Clonoe Reserve Final last nite. Ardboe played with 2 I repeat 2 sweepers in a county final. They had all bar 2 players in Clonoe's half. Donegal style but without the Murphy to kick the scores. 3-2 at HT sums it up. 2nd half it looked like Clonoe pushed up on the free men and the introduction of Ryan Rambo O'Neil with his pace cause Ardboe problems, think he hit 2 mighty scores. Clonoe also introduced Shane O'Hagan and with his direct running he won Clonoe the game. He handed off men left right and centre and Ardboe couldn't cope with his strength. Ardboe have to be disappointed but they went out very negative and Clonoe eventually ground them down. Agree that both teams would give the Intermediate Championship a good rattle

bigtogs

Quote from: Club boi on July 12, 2014, 01:20:09 PM
Went to the Ardboe v Clonoe Reserve Final last nite. Ardboe played with 2 I repeat 2 sweepers in a county final. They had all bar 2 players in Clonoe's half. Donegal style but without the Murphy to kick the scores. 3-2 at HT sums it up. 2nd half it looked like Clonoe pushed up on the free men and the introduction of Ryan Rambo O'Neil with his pace cause Ardboe problems, think he hit 2 mighty scores. Clonoe also introduced Shane O'Hagan and with his direct running he won Clonoe the game. He handed off men left right and centre and Ardboe couldn't cope with his strength. Ardboe have to be disappointed but they went out very negative and Clonoe eventually ground them down. Agree that both teams would give the Intermediate Championship a good rattle

As a Clonoe man delighted to win back to back titles and defend one of our 3 county titles from last year which is a difficult task at any level......We eventually broke Ardboe down who where very hard to play against and maybe deserved extra time....Ardboe may be wondering today if they had of pushed out to play what may have happened.... Ardboe are young and last night maybe be part of a bigger long time project and i would be pretty sure they will be contenders at u-21 reserve and senior level for a few years as they have some great young players coming through...as have Clonoe who last night had at least 20 subs which is some going for a club of our size....

winghalfback

Now after days debacle no one can deny changes are needed at senior county level. Tyrone looked bad looked like they not interested or not hungry enough to win. The keepers kickouts were telegraphed everytime knew where they were going although this was his only fault the defence was all at sea a lot not helped by a very cynical Armagh team who in my opinion started off targeting Mattie Donnelly to get him his first yellow card. Tierney was a welcome addition at half time and Connor Gormley is still a leader but just doesn't have the legs anymore. Midfield battled gamely all day Colly Cavanagh is one of the hardest working players in GAA doing a lot of the donkey work. Our forward line is oor very few would make a real good club side in all honesty. To easy bottled up by a well disaplined Armagh defence to the wrong option to many times. Harte keeps persisting with certain players who just don't have it. The inside line today got no quality ball all day and to many men are unable to kick a 20/30 yard pass never mind a simple 5 yard fist pass.
Granted the panel was severly depleated with injuries to Clarke and harte and even their possible replacements pj lavery and joey mc mahon we have no defensive cover and revert back to type with the older players more often than not.
Has MH had his day? Maybe Tyrone don't have the quality players playing in the county? Whats needed? Who could take on the mammoth job of reshaping tyrones fortunes?

hugh the root

Dear winghalfback and dedicated Tyrone followers,if Tyrone do not have a complete overhaul we are in danger of slipping into a division 3  or indeed division 4 in no time at all I am a firm believer in Karma and some of the deceit and mal practice by those within the county board is only leading to our own misfortune.Brendan Harpur resigned because of his fear of player burn out;the arrogant so and sos in Tyrone County Board had not even the balls to give this man his backing. It's only when the bad apples are eliminated from the county board when the curse of Garvaghey will be lifted as we are going nowhere and this big campus will soon lose the support of genuine persecuted Tyrone supporters. What is Ciaran MclAughlins role in all this ..... He hires and fires our underage managers ........ How's he getting on?         Ask Conor McKenna who is taking the sensible deficision to go to Oz and escape the shite that goes on up on that big hill in Ballygawley.Its time the people of Ttrone spoke out and I hope our clubs have the balls to do so ............ We are going nowhere fast.    Wake up and smell the coffee!

sam03/05

Time for a massive look and re- think about the structures in Tyrone football. We are falling behind in so many levels. Unless something is done, then I can't see us being a force for the next ten years.

1/ our senior squad/ U21s/ U18s need a person appointed to look after strength and conditioning, we are miles behind in this regard. (we can't even break a tackle)
2/ our senior management needs either replaced, or a completely new back room team put in place.
3/ it is clear that players are no longer playing for Harte for whatever reason - ( this is a very unlike able group of Tyrone players, these new players seem to have an attitude that they have achieved something/ that they are big time players - one look at Ciaran McGinley for example is all I need to see this).

Overall I see a good few lean years ahead for the county. There will be very few trips to Croke Park.
For example - when Sean Cav, Gormley, Penrose, O'Neill, Justy and Joe pull the plug ( which will be very soon) - what we have coming through in their place is very average!

hugh the root

I think Ttrone have left it too late ! Whenever they let the chairman hire and fire they went into reverse and are stuck in this gear!The hill in Ballygawley has been a poison arrow thrust into the veins of Tyrone football. No other county would permit half this shit to go on ....................open up the doors of the county board office and beat the dung of the deceives as it is them who has brought this unstoppable surge of misfortune.My previous statement is made from a sad and heavy heart. Tyrone are gone for years until we get some decent coaches on board not who will carry out judas acts for Mc Laughlin!