Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on July 03, 2023, 12:34:00 PM
Quote from: square_ball on July 03, 2023, 08:35:20 AM
If that schedule is loosely going to be played out over the next few months the poor reserves will be waiting a while to conclude their championship which started on Friday. Could well be October/November time.
Played on the Sundays after the July break while the ACL games be played on Fridays

Makes sense. I suppose it will only take 3 Sundays to get it finished up.

ClubScene13

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on July 03, 2023, 12:51:14 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on July 02, 2023, 10:40:44 AM
Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on June 07, 2023, 12:22:44 PM
Below shows my interpretation of league fixtures for R6 to R15 of division 1 and 2 depending how far Tyrone get in All-Ireland Series.

PQF 25/06   QF 02/07   SF 16/07   F 30/07
R6   30-Jun   07-Jul   21-Jul   04-Aug
R7   07-Jul   21-Jul   28-Jul   11-Aug
R8   21-Jul   28-Jul   04-Aug   18-Aug
R9   28-Jul   04-Aug   11-Aug   25-Aug
R10   04-Aug   11-Aug   18-Aug   01-Sep
R11   11-Aug   18-Aug   25-Aug   08-Sep
R12   18-Aug   25-Aug   01-Sep   15-Sep
R13   25-Aug   01-Sep   08-Sep   22-Sep
R14   01-Sep   08-Sep   15-Sep   29-Sep
R15   08-Sep   15-Sep   22-Sep   06-Oct

The Ulster Club Preliminary Round last year was 05/11/22 for Senior and Intermediate.
If Tyrone reach the All-Ireland Final, that leaves only 4 weeks to play Club Championship, which usually takes at least 6 weeks, with 1 week break prior to starting.
ACL be concluded on the 15th September then. Senior champ first round be down for weekend of September 28th then.

I checked the Tyrone Website - There is a double round of fixtures 18th & 20th August. So league is scheduled to be completed 8th September. I would anticipate Senior & Intermediate Club Championship to commence 22nd September? Allowing 6 weeks to be played out with finals on weekend of 27th October, and Ulster the following weekend. Going to be an intense few months of football ahead of us.
Where will Reserve Championship fit into all this? I would assume Sundays. Midweek fixtures wouldnt work as lads working away, etc.

Think you're in the right ball park here - though if I remember correctly last year they went Intermediate / Junior 1st round on one weekend, and Senior 1st round the following weekend (with a break in Intermediate / Junior.) They might think about doing this again if they feel it contributed well to attendances / live stream numbers.

Tyronechampionship

Do we know yet if Tyrone TV have any plans to follow in other counties footsteps and release a season pass to cover all games this year? Something like a GAA Go season pass where there is a small saving instead of having to purchase single games throughout the year.

An Watcher

Would make total sense if they did so probably not

rrhf

Quote from: Tyronechampionship on July 06, 2023, 03:32:55 PM
Do we know yet if Tyrone TV have any plans to follow in other counties footsteps and release a season pass to cover all games this year? Something like a GAA Go season pass where there is a small saving instead of having to purchase single games throughout the year.
That's a great idea. I feel they will be pleasantly surprised at the buy in to season passes both inside and outside the county..

WT4E

Quote from: rrhf on July 06, 2023, 08:11:59 PM
Quote from: Tyronechampionship on July 06, 2023, 03:32:55 PM
That's a great idea. I feel they will be pleasantly surprised at the buy in to season passes both inside and outside the county..

We talk about this every year now. They wouldnt do it in the past and I think it was down to greed but maybe with the shake up in Co Board they will do it this year. A season pass at the right price might surprise them

Tyrone Gaa

Hearing shocking reports coming out of cookstown tonight. U16 championship game.

What is wrong with people?
Living the dream!!!

square_ball

I'm hearing it was a Fintona supporter arrested.

sam03/05

Not much to do with Cookstown is what I'm hearing. Fintona man arrested - Cookstown official tried to protect ref and ended up taking the brunt.

WT4E

Quote from: Top G on July 06, 2023, 09:57:46 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 06, 2023, 09:51:29 PM
Hearing shocking reports coming out of cookstown tonight. U16 championship game.

U16 game vs Fintona. Seen footage of man getting arrested. Allegedly was trying to stab ref and got tackled by another supporter.

Cookstown always has had a hostile atmosphere at youth games.

The Cookstown lads not to blame here..... I like to rib my neighbours from time to time but never felt in enough danger to bring a knife to the town!

Square Ball

Seen some video, comeplete and utter madness. Wtf goes on in peoples heads
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tyrone Gaa

I was in no way attaching any blame to cookstown here, just the incident happened in Cookstown. What lunatic carries a knife? Never mind taking it to a youth football match. Credit to those who tried to stop him. 

I pray nobody has any major injuries.
Living the dream!!!

WT4E

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 06, 2023, 10:14:58 PM

I was in no way attaching any blame to cookstown here, just the incident happened in Cookstown. What lunatic carries a knife? Never mind taking it to a youth football match. Credit to those who tried to stop him. 

I pray nobody has any major injuries.

It was Top G that was making that loose link

Mourne Red

Jesus lads that's f**king disgraceful.. Referees strike coming up I'd say

breakingball78

An absolute disgrace what happened tonight. This thug will be getting jail time that's for sure. Bringing a knife to a football game just goes to show the coward he is. Let's just say if I was there he would have no legs to stand on!!!