Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

He was a quality Gaelic player before he went to the soccer full time.

Mikhailov

Jesus men, do you think Glentoran are going to pay McGinn 2k a week and then let him get kicked around the GAA pitches in Tyrone, then you are badly mistaken. The swifts don't let their players play Gaelic and they are only paying a drop in the ocean compared to Glentoran.

In saying all that, I am assuming McGinn is on a professional contract. If he is not, then he could play for Donaghmore surely but I would be surprised if he isn't on a pro contract.

harryR

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 27, 2023, 03:37:01 PM
Jesus men, do you think Glentoran are going to pay McGinn 2k a week and then let him get kicked around the GAA pitches in Tyrone, then you are badly mistaken. The swifts don't let their players play Gaelic and they are only paying a drop in the ocean compared to Glentoran.

In saying all that, I am assuming McGinn is on a professional contract. If he is not, then he could play for Donaghmore surely but I would be surprised if he isn't on a pro contract.

Emmett mcguickian,.Skinner Bradley, Matthew Fitzpatrick and Jamie Clarke are all paid by their clubs and also still playing Gaelic. So you would think mcginn could if he really wanted to

square_ball

I see in the fixtures for U16 there is a new team called Na Doire Oga seem to be Derrytresk and Derrylaugan. That has flew under the radar. I'd have thought Derrylaughan and Derrytresk had enough numbers at youth level to be fielding on their own.

skeog

Huge lift for Donaghmore Niall mc Ginn returning to their 3rds what a coup .Does Fergal and Brian know he could join the setup in Garvaghey when his season finishes.

clarshack

Quote from: square_ball on February 28, 2023, 04:18:09 PM
I see in the fixtures for U16 there is a new team called Na Doire Oga seem to be Derrytresk and Derrylaugan. That has flew under the radar. I'd have thought Derrylaughan and Derrytresk had enough numbers at youth level to be fielding on their own.

They do have enough numbers but they seem to be going with combining the better players to play at a higher level with the lesser players playing in the B league.

square_ball

Quote from: clarshack on February 28, 2023, 05:58:29 PM

They do have enough numbers but they seem to be going with combining the better players to play at a higher level with the lesser players playing in the B league.

I don't think I ever recall clubs joining up so they can play at a higher grade. Thought it was always just a numbers game that clubs joined up. Suppose it's not a bad idea having youth players exposed to a higher level.

I see that development league now at 3B. All big clubs included in the county. All must have serious numbers at underage.

I think that's first time I've ever seen a Coalisland youth team paying at grade 3 level.

trailer

Quote from: square_ball on February 28, 2023, 10:17:02 PM
Quote from: clarshack on February 28, 2023, 05:58:29 PM

I don't think I ever recall clubs joining up so they can play at a higher grade. Thought it was always just a numbers game that clubs joined up. Suppose it's not a bad idea having youth players exposed to a higher level.

I see that development league now at 3B. All big clubs included in the county. All must have serious numbers at underage.

I think that's first time I've ever seen a Coalisland youth team paying at grade 3 level.

Amalgamated teams should be no lower than Grade 2. Killyman and Brocagh played in Grade 4 last year at U13. Made a shite of it.
Derrytresk were very strong at u11 and 13 level this last few years.

square_ball

Yeah I would be in agreement with that Trailer. Amalgamated teams definitely shouldn't be playing grade 4.

Onthe40

im not sure they have the numbers to be honest, played them last year at 15s and recall DT men saying they were struggling for numbers at the higher age groups...their younger ages seem to be fairly strong.. id assume they'll do what most clubs with B teams do, fire the 14s into the development league with weaker 16s..

snowy2hunt

Quote from: Onthe40 on March 01, 2023, 09:37:22 AM
im not sure they have the numbers to be honest, played them last year at 15s and recall DT men saying they were struggling for numbers at the higher age groups...their younger ages seem to be fairly strong.. id assume they'll do what most clubs with B teams do, fire the 14s into the development league with weaker 16s..

Derrytresk / Derrylaugan  not putting a B team in . They dont want to be playing too many U14s

The development League is  a great way  to keep lads playing competitive football who otherwise would be  sitting on a bench with the possibility of  leaving the  game  due  to no playing time . Also some  lads  mature  at different times  both mentally and physically . Lads   that were  sitting on the A team bench with little chance of game time   are now the  lads that have to carry the Development team in their  games 

omagh_gael

Jarlath Burns today...

"I would like to see a situation where on a referee's report there is an index, one to five, of how the home team, opposing team and supporters behaved so then we will be dealing with data," he said

So which clubs are going to be at the bottom of the table in this league? 😉

Mikhailov

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 02, 2023, 07:52:33 PM
Jarlath Burns today...

"I would like to see a situation where on a referee's report there is an index, one to five, of how the home team, opposing team and supporters behaved so then we will be dealing with data," he said

I wonder would he like a situation where the home team, away team and supporters have their score on the referee performance.

RedHand88

Jarlath Burns today...

Stewartstown, Gortin. Don't @ me.

GaelTheGael

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 02, 2023, 10:22:30 PM
Jarlath Burns today...

Stewartstown, Gortin. Don't @ me.
I take your Stewartstown and Gortin and raise you with Loughmacrory.