Ulster Club Hurling League

Started by Lecale2, January 05, 2007, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doodaa

Dont know about other clubs but this UHL is posing a big problem for our club with a fixture clash with our club football.
We have about 8 or 9 dual players so i dont know how its going to work particularly as our footballers are making a push for promotion.....

On a positive note as a player playing in the UHL is a lot better than the Derry div 2 league cos most of the games are actually played :-X

milltown row

tyler you forgot to mention Naomh Gall, we played the first of our games last night in Portaferry and a very competitive game it was 2.11   2.07 ports were obviously without braniff and convrey but we were also missing a host of players......

but your right about meaningfull games,last nights was a proper game played to the final whistle and not a dirty stroke all night.

this gave a lot of players a chance to play a top team that come the league may not get he chance. roll on the next one

theskull1

What's your club doodaa?

Is it any wonder that hurling struggles to survive in dual counties. Hearts and minds
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Colonel Cool

Dates for the Ulster league were notified to County Boards well in advance and they were warned not to fix other matches in competition to the UHL.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Tyler Dearden

your rite colonel but this is the derry county board. They will proabley say that the ulster league game should be re-arranged by the respective clubs, however they dont seem to understand that there are several players in Dublin during the week, several players in the middle of university finals which kind of rules out mid week games. and then there is senior football games and training and with 90% of our player dual players, putting additional strain on players

Miltown, sorry i left unes out there, good result last nite, Portaferry are a good side. Have you kept many of ur minor team from the ulster final in 2001 i think. That was a very good side, and that was one hell of a game!!   

milltown row

at least 13 players from that side, both games were a credit to the teams involved but the same 13 players have been involved with all ireland team last year so i know where your coming from regarding dual players. it's been a struggle here for years, it's getting the right balance hopefully we will get it right

Guillem2

Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

North Antrim

BCastle beat Ballinascreen 0-15 to 0-8 - decent game, the town played well with their young players to te fore.  Two Dallats were excellent. Dungiven never fielded against Glenarriffe!! Ref was there but Kevin Lynchs didnt have the manners to let anyone know they wudnt be fielding!! Typical Derry arrogance >:(
Loughgiel beat Lavey. Not sure by how much though.

Carey Stuffed last years DIV 2 Champions CastleBlaney - 4-26 to 1-7 i think.

Lecale2

Armoy Glen Rovers beat Bredagh 2-13 0-09 in Div 3.

The Truth

Quote from: North Antrim on April 08, 2007, 06:26:08 PM
Dungiven never fielded against Glenarriffe!! Ref was there but Kevin Lynchs didnt have the manners to let anyone know they wudnt be fielding!! Typical Derry arrogance >:(

Aye those tossers never bothered letting anyone know they wouldnt be appearing, they were probably having some sort of IRA remembrance parade up and down the main street in Dungiven.
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

Mac hinery

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: The Truth on April 09, 2007, 08:30:17 PM
Dungiven never fielded against Glenarriffe!! Ref was there but Kevin Lynchs didnt have the manners to let anyone know they wudnt be fielding!! Typical Derry arrogance >:(

Aye those tossers never bothered letting anyone know they wouldnt be appearing, they were probably having some sort of IRA remembrance parade up and down the main street in Dungiven.

Don't see anything wrong with commerating people that died for rights of Irish people on this island. As something to be mocked at. But anyway, back to the subject of HURLING yes Dungiven should have let people know through better channels than the ones I am sure they did use to let people know they couldn't fulfil the fixture.

lynchbhoy

Havent heard anything yet,but I'd doubt that Kevin Lynch's (not the name of the club - not Dungiven...thats the footballers) wouldnt have contacted someone.
The hurling team generally are not the ones parading through the streets, there are plenty more to do that. :-*

The Truth

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 10, 2007, 09:18:41 AM

Havent heard anything yet,but I'd doubt that Kevin Lynch's (not the name of the club - not Dungiven...thats the footballers) wouldnt have contacted someone.
The hurling team generally are not the ones parading through the streets, there are plenty more to do that. :-*

Well normal procedure is to contact the secretary of the club you are playing to let them know, they didnt bother. Fact.
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

Spiritof98

Shane O'Neills 1-12  1-1 Cuchulianns, Armagh

The contest was a lot closer than the score line suggests. Unable to take our scores, but a least we were creating them.
I'll go back if Marsdens back