Club Hurling

Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbbey

Saw that camross only managed to beat Shanahoe Gales by 4 points in the Palmer Cup final yesterday with basically their first team out. Hard to know if they played badly or could the Gales team be able to challenge Ballyfin Gales and The Harps for senior B honours

Keyser Söze

Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM
Saw that camross only managed to beat Shanahoe Gales by 4 points in the Palmer Cup final yesterday with basically their first team out. Hard to know if they played badly or could the Gales team be able to challenge Ballyfin Gales and The Harps for senior B honours

I'd say it was a case of doing enough to beat what's in front of you.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

blueandwhite1

Quote from: BallyroanAbbey on April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

It's the Palmer cup. It's April. It's irrelevant...

The Rover

I See Clonaslee Thugs are at it again.
U16 hurling v  Rosenallis, player assaulted and now gone to Hospital by ambulance.
Numerous players from Clonaslee attacked him with hurls.How can the Co. Board tolerate this Club time after time this same club resort to the cowardly act of assaulting opponents and get away with it.

Helix

Quote from: The Rover on April 20, 2017, 08:52:42 PM
U16 hurling v  Rosenallis, player assaulted and now gone to Hospital by ambulance.
Numerous players from Clonaslee attacked him with hurls.How can the Co. Board tolerate this Club time after time this same club resort to the cowardly act of assaulting opponents and get away with it.

Fingers crossed player in question is ok. Will probably not be the last we'll hear about this.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Keyser Söze

Quote from: The Rover on April 20, 2017, 08:52:42 PM

Terrible thing to say but there seems to be an extraordinarily high percentage of them that totally lose it at the drop of a hat.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

HURLING1

Getting away with it for years. Pure thugs

clonadmad

At what point do the County Board act?,it seems they can act with impunity.

Dave like the tv channel

The County Board could fine them. The players involved should be banned. The club should be asked to name every player involved or face removal from all competitions....either this year or next.

There's plenty the CB could do with lots of things that are wrong in this county, but don't.

Don Draper

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on April 21, 2017, 07:22:10 AM
The County Board could fine them. The players involved should be banned. The club should be asked to name every player involved or face removal from all competitions....either this year or next.

There's plenty the CB could do with lots of things that are wrong in this county, but don't.
In their defense, they've done all this before, and more.

clonadmad

Time for a club ban then.

I've heard 2 reports as so to what went on last night,one worse than the other,actions of the players were mentor driven against a chap who was playing well for Rosenallis,attacking a prone unconscious u16 player into the bargain.

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on April 21, 2017, 09:43:48 AM
Time for a club ban then.

I've heard 2 reports as so to what went on last night,one worse than the other,actions of the players were mentor driven against a chap who was playing well for Rosenallis,attacking a prone unconscious u16 player into the bargain.
I wouldn't be against banning the Club. They've had more than enough warnings at this stage. Removing home fixtures, fines, suspensions, all have failed to work.

I wonder would Offaly take them?

HURLING1

Offaly have enough problems of their own. This should go further than the Co board. Hope the boys parents are down at the Garda station this morning reporting this incident.

clonadmad

I believe the same 2 clubs are playing an u16 football game next week