ACFL Division 2

Started by SCFC, March 12, 2017, 02:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Quote from: Unlaoised on May 26, 2017, 09:26:20 AM
Great result for his old club last night the Rock beating Ballyfin!
laoistoday said Ballyfin beat The Rock? I don't know.

Don Draper

Derek Conroy did commit as much as he could back in 2003 he was in the team and got a serious ankle injury which dogged him for a few years he was immense for Laois in the few years before micko came in and was always a terrific footballer.

Ask anyone around the age of 37-41 about him.

He was one of the finest juvenille players aswell and was well ahead of his time.

He has put an awful lot in Laois and the GAA and the quote from 1980 is childish and distasteful .

I wouldnt read much into anything that **** says

Camarillo Brillo

Quote from: SCFC on May 26, 2017, 09:40:54 AM
laoistoday said Ballyfin beat The Rock? I don't know.

Ballyfin won 1-14 to 1-13

SCFC

Big win for Mountmellick over Rosenallis tonight in the battle of the two unbeaten teams tonight. 4-9 to 1-7.

SCFC

Quote from: SCFC on May 29, 2017, 10:23:34 PM
Big win for Mountmellick over Rosenallis tonight in the battle of the two unbeaten teams tonight. 4-9 to 1-7.

Courtwood 2-16 Mountmellick 0-10  :o

The Monument Road

I see Ballyfinn conceded against Mountmellick tonight. That puts MM 4 points ahead of the chasing pack. I dont think Courtwood, Rosanalis or Timahoe will be too pleased. Ballyfinn were out of the race and are also safe from relegation and have given the proverbial fingers up to the rest of the clubs

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on June 16, 2017, 09:39:03 PM
I see Ballyfinn conceded against Mountmellick tonight. That puts MM 4 points ahead of the chasing pack. I dont think Courtwood, Rosanalis or Timahoe will be too pleased. Ballyfinn were out of the race and are also safe from relegation and have given the proverbial fingers up to the rest of the clubs

Didnt seem to bother Rosenallis when they conceded to Ballyfin a few weeks ago.

The Rock relegated, or all but, tonight.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on June 16, 2017, 09:40:52 PM

What did ye beat them by Don?

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on June 16, 2017, 10:13:13 PM

Is it this tune again? Not even the same parish. Sad to see the decline up there, a club I have great time for.

The Monument Road

I wasnt having a go at Ballyfinn. Since i posted above  i had a look at all the divisions and bar Div 1 A&B the rest are full of walkovers. Its particularly noticeable in the lower divisions and under age. Look at the heath in Div 2. they only played one or two games and then folded. Underage is a joke.

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on June 16, 2017, 10:49:52 PM

I wasnt having a go at Ballyfinn. Since i posted above  i had a look at all the divisions and bar Div 1 A&B the rest are full of walkovers. Its particularly noticeable in the lower divisions and under age. Look at the heath in Div 2. they only played one or two games and then folded. Underage is a joke.
its at critical levels. Our leagues were meant to grow stronger with the advent of late summer championship, all they've done is grow weaker and prolonged.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on June 16, 2017, 10:21:47 PM
Quote from: SCFC on June 16, 2017, 10:13:13 PM

Is it this tune again? Not even the same parish. Sad to see the decline up there, a club I have great time for.
Sound, whatever. It was a genuine question.

SCFC

Mountmellick v Rosenallis in the final?

ollie12

Rosenalis vs courtwood in the semi final first. Winners then play mountmellick.

O moore parklife

Absolutely crazy that courtwood won't get promoted even if the win the final (provided they they get there). Much better format that the top 2 play off. Or we could leave the dark age and the team with the most points at the end of the season actually win the league. This would improve intensity for each match..relegate 2 that seems to work keeps teams going to avoid the drop..