Video's

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 16, 2017, 01:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

A day never to forget. Over 30 years ago now jaysus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_9q7feh7sw
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Great day, to win the league from operating in Div3 was some achievement. It was the first day I saw grown men cry in Croke Park, I was a young man then but still couldn't hold back the tears.
Oh for a few more days like that....
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Tony

Browne was some operator. A great win; back when the league meant a lot more than it does now.

redsetanta

Posted it here before but O'Dempseys have some great stuff on their website about that league win with newspaper cuttings etc from the quarter and semi final wins.
That win also shows you what we were capable of when we actually put our minds to it. A team winning a national league title from such a lowly position would be unthinkable nowadays. We had the talent but we didn't have the application as a team on a regular basis. Some cracking players on that team.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tony

I'll just leave this here so on my sandwich lunchbreak at the office. Hopefully days like these will return someday. I remember being in the Cusack for this one, great day out and some team, flying fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq4jf-f8feE

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Thanks for that one Tony, Emmerson was some operator back then. That's what Donie Kingston should be able to do these days, win your ball and bury it... no messing about.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

When Emerson was on form there was no stopping him. Just didn't happen enough. Back in the nineties we regularly finisd in the top half of Div 1. In fact I think we topped it one year but lost in the play offs. Serious team that never really clicked come championship time bar Meath in Navan.

les Antiques

Agree redsentanta ! We got to three League Semi finals around that era and were beaten by Armagh, Donegal and Kerry . We could never cross that line . A pity as there were some fine players around the County scene back then . The league back then was a different kettle of fish than it is now .

redsetanta

Think I remember Monaghan beating us in a quarter or semi final in Croke Park aswell around that time.

Tony

Don Draper

Didn't we draw that and fall to shit in the replay?

Tony

Not really. Kieran Lillis was sent off in the replay and that didn't help us at all but we'll blame management for that.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on February 19, 2017, 11:24:43 AM
Another great minor team https://youtu.be/8tRjzO2n1bI

Decent Carlow team aswell on another day we would have been beaten.
LAOIS ABÚ

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Tony on April 05, 2017, 10:34:09 AM
Not really. Kieran Lillis was sent off in the replay and that didn't help us at all but we'll blame management for that.

Was there a player sent off in each of the preceding 4 games also?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Tony