Gaels amalgamations

Started by The Monument Road, December 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Just a stab at it lads,done on the back of an envelope

Apologies to Mountrath for omitting them ,Ballyfin would  be an option for them

As regards the make up of the 2 Roinns,I've no doubt cases could be made for a few teams to be moved up or down.

My aim wasn't to disrespect or insult anyone,just a bit of daydreaming on my part.

tcrilly

Quote from: clonadmad on December 08, 2016, 09:24:31 PM
Just a stab at it lads,done on the back of an envelope

Apologies to Mountrath for omitting them ,Ballyfin would  be an option for them

As regards the make up of the 2 Roinns,I've no doubt cases could be made for a few teams to be moved up or down.

My aim wasn't to disrespect or insult anyone,just a bit of daydreaming on my part.

Same as myself, hurling mad we are for a small hurling county :)

Uisce

The Heath and Timahoe amalgamation seems to be almost done. That will be a very strong senior team if they can work together. Heard a another Gaels is almost done too, ( a strange combination in terms of geography!! ) Most lads who want senior football will get exposure now anyway.

El Jefe

Quote from: Uisce on December 14, 2016, 10:46:24 AM
The Heath and Timahoe amalgamation seems to be almost done. That will be a very strong senior team if they can work together. Heard a another Gaels is almost done too, ( a strange combination in terms of geography!! ) Most lads who want senior football will get exposure now anyway.
How does something like this actually work can someone explain? I mean with regards to where they train and play, who manages, what happens the extra players that wouldn't make the new panel etc

Don Draper

Quote from: El Jefe on December 14, 2016, 11:11:33 AM
Quote from: Uisce on December 14, 2016, 10:46:24 AM
How does something like this actually work can someone explain? I mean with regards to where they train and play, who manages, what happens the extra players that wouldn't make the new panel etc
Picture it as an entirely new club, that only the elite players will have access to. I don't mean that in a snobby way, but its best that everyone view it thusly and that way both clubs can continue to perform and slipstream with the new entity. Neither club should expect immediate success, but inevitably they will and generally thats why these fall flat on their arses.

I still don't see this making it by one of the clubs EGM's.

BallyroanAbu

Whats wrong with Timahoe & the Heath joining up,  I would prefer clubs geographically better located but this makes our club championship harder and everyone up's their game accordingly.  Player get the opportunity to play at the highest level while maintaining links to their old club this is good for everyone.  How good would Josephs be if they join Barrowhouse.  It is all dependent on your aspirations as a club,  both clubs into the future will struggle for numbers why not join together form a stronger unit and see where that takes you.

Laoiseabu

Mountmellick and Emo ? Mountmellick have put up a big news announcement coming soon on their Facebook/Twitter page

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on December 14, 2016, 11:46:49 AM
Whats wrong with Timahoe & the Heath joining up,  I would prefer clubs geographically better located but this makes our club championship harder and everyone up's their game accordingly.  Player get the opportunity to play at the highest level while maintaining links to their old club this is good for everyone.  How good would Josephs be if they join Barrowhouse.  It is all dependent on your aspirations as a club,  both clubs into the future will struggle for numbers why not join together form a stronger unit and see where that takes you.
Timahoe were a senior outfit only a year or two ago. Its not like Donal Miller in Annanough where he was blackguarded by the system. I doubt we're exposing a huge amount of players in Timahoe to Senior ball that haven't already had it, or wouldn't have it again if they got their shit together.

Barrowhouse is a different situation and better befits the benefits of a Junior club forming a gaels with a Senior one. Albeit its a big step for Barrowhouse because they could easily be swallowed whole by Josephs.

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on December 14, 2016, 11:48:47 AM
Mountmellick and Emo ? Mountmellick have put up a big news announcement coming soon on their Facebook/Twitter page
With a Today FM logo?

Uisce

I would imagine that the Timahoe lads main focus will still be on getting promotion from intermediate, which will probably be the biggest issue in this amalgamation. Intermediate and Senior championship is usually on the same weekend, will the CB be sympathetic on this front and change fixtures based on this?

High Fielder

No go for Josephs Barrowhouse. Josephs voted it down again. It appears to be an aggressive environment out there at the moment and standing still could probably mean being left behind.

El Jefe

So say Timahoe and The Heath do join, they'll play as a Gaels team in the Senior Championship. Timahoe will still have their team in the Intermediate and The Heaths non-selected players will have to make do with playing in the Junior. Then next year if Timahoe happened to win the Intermediate the amalgamation would break up and The Heath would have to go calling on the lads that they didn't want to come back and play Senior again - is this right?

Don Draper

Quote from: El Jefe on December 14, 2016, 12:47:46 PM
So say Timahoe and The Heath do join, they'll play as a Gaels team in the Senior Championship. Timahoe will still have their team in the Intermediate and The Heaths non-selected players will have to make do with playing in the Junior. Then next year if Timahoe happened to win the Intermediate the amalgamation would break up and The Heath would have to go calling on the lads that they didn't want to come back and play Senior again - is this right?
As every captain says, the subs are as important as the players. So they are.

The Monument Road

Quote from: High Fielder on December 14, 2016, 12:32:08 PM
No go for Josephs Barrowhouse. Josephs voted it down again. It appears to be an aggressive environment out there at the moment and standing still could probably mean being left behind.
Opens the door for Kileen/Barrowhouse Gaels. Mind you quite a few in Barrowhouse would prefer tha as some of them are very much against the Josephs Gaels. I can also understand Josephs view point as they are doing massive work with their juveiles and in reality the Gaels proposal was to accomodate one player......it seems some Barrowhouse players would rather the Kileen option

clonadmad

Quote from: El Jefe on December 14, 2016, 12:47:46 PM

The Agreement will be only a year in duration?