Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 18, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I don't know Clubber Lang.

I think if the heart wasn't there, why would they even show up for training for Laois.

It's a mighty commitment for anyone, even a single man without a family. You wouldn't do that unless you really wanted to play for the jersey.

As for work-rate. I do see work-rate, I just don't see amazing ability with some of our players.

Ability or lack of natural athleticism sometimes seems like lack of effort but I don't subscribe to that. Haven't you ever been in a match where you're trying your heart out but you're failing because you're not good enough?

Any time I see Carlow play for example, they always run their guts out but they're rarely successful due to ability and lack of natural talent. I think the big question of someone's desire to play for their county is giving 6-8 months of commitment in training when they could be doing something else.

High Fielder

I couldn't agree more Clubber Lang. I think you've hit the nail on the head on a number of fronts there. Just because you do the training and wear the jersey does not make you committed or good enough. It's like the Celtic banner that was held up there a while back which said "The Celtic jersey has shrunk to fit inferior players". You can see the lads who leave every ounce on the pitch. I could count them on one hand last Sunday.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I agree with Tony, these lads, simply by turning up for training have shown they are interested and committed to playing for Laois. I thought only two or three looked liked they didn't want to work hard to win last Sunday but the majority worked their socks off. The ability is still lacking in some of them but there were a lot of young players on the team and that game was as much a championship match as you are likely to see. We also had some walking wounded out there and lads just back from injury who were far from the required fitness levels.
I say give them time and then make up your mind about the management, players and the skill and commitment of all of them. We know most of the squad but Creedon is still learning about them and he's not going to do it all in his first year.

Having said that I cant see too many turning up for the game against Longford at these prices....

LEINSTER S.F.C.  – LAOIS V LONGFORD -  21ST MAY 2017
O'MOORE PARK, PORTLAOISE @ 3.00PM

GENERAL
Stand - €20
Terrace - €15

FAMILY TICKETS:-
1 Adult and 2 Juveniles etc.
Family Tickets are available for Stand
Stand:- Adults €20 Juveniles €5 each
1 Adult and 2 Juveniles etc.
Family Tickets are available for Terrace

Terrace:- Adults €15 Juveniles €5 each
Senior Citizens & Students (Stand & Terrace):- Purchase full price tickets and on the day of the match they can claim a rebate of  €5 (when they produce appropriate I.D. at Stiles No: 2 (Stand) and Stiles No:20 (Terrace) PRIOR TO ENTRY INTO THE STADIUM.

Wheelchair Tickets:-
The Wheelchair Tickets is free of charge and the Assistant's ticket is €20
GROUP PASSES:- GROUP PASSES (Under 16's) –  STAND/TERRACE
Groups Passes are provided for groups of Juveniles U-16 - €3 each (Terrace) & €5 (Stand) (you are permitted to bring 1 adult free with every ten Juveniles) any additional adults pay full price for their tickets.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Tony

Great to see Kerry beat Dublin earlier. Can anyone in Leinster come close...Kildare?

Don Draper

Dublin are fucked. Leinster is ours for the taking

Helix

Quote from: Don Draper on April 09, 2017, 09:14:15 PM
Dublin are fucked. Leinster is ours for the taking

That O'Byrne Cup win went to their heads 8).
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Tony

Dublin are clearly in great shape but I think Kildare could get close to them. By close I mean 5 points or so. That's if they beat the mightly Laois or Longford along the way,

Don Draper

Quote from: Tony on April 10, 2017, 09:53:35 AM
Dublin are clearly in great shape but I think Kildare could get close to them. By close I mean 5 points or so. That's if they beat the mightly Laois or Longford along the way,
I think we shouldn't get caught up focusing on the likes of Kildare or Longford, we should be working on the plan to take down Dublin this very week.

Tony

Good man Don. Any opinions on the point or? This is the Leinster senior football forum. Do you have any opinion on if anyone can get close to Dublin in Leinster? Or you just going to troll all day. You're So funny; hilarious, Don trolling again, omg somebody stop me laughing  ;D

Don Draper

Quote from: Tony on April 10, 2017, 10:39:55 AM
Good man Don. Any opinions on the point or? This is the Leinster senior football forum. Do you have any opinion on if anyone can get close to Dublin in Leinster? Or you just going to troll all day. You're So funny; hilarious, Don trolling again, omg somebody stop me laughing  ;D
Thanks, I put a lot of thought into that last one, its nice to be appreciated.

Any thoughts on why S&C expert CO'N is so heavy? Seems odd to me.

High Fielder

We seem to be the only team that Kildare put away properly. They had so many chances yesterday and in general are very wasteful. Forwards wouldn't be up to much with the exception of Niall Kelly. Half back line and midfield work well too. No reason why they lost that one yesterday other than an inability at times to see it through. most of their problems seem to be mental. Maybe they should imagine the teams they are playing wear the blue and white. Seems to be their red rag.....

Dublin can win Leinster in second gear. Great thing about having a good team is that you can afford to let them down for a while now before working towards August. Kerry impressed but I still think the Dubs will win the big one.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: High Fielder on April 10, 2017, 11:17:32 AM
Kerry impressed but I still think the Dubs will win the big one.
So do I. That game yesterday, good and all as it was to look at, was still a league game.
McCaffrey, Small, Lowndes, Cooper, McManamon, O'Donoghue, Enright, Young, Donaghy, Buckley all missing and probably a few more I've forgotten.
September is what counts - no-one remembers league titles (particularly in Kerry!).
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Unlaoised

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on April 10, 2017, 10:09:55 PM
So do I. That game yesterday, good and all as it was to look at, was still a league game.
McCaffrey, Small, Lowndes, Cooper, McManamon, O'Donoghue, Enright, Young, Donaghy, Buckley all missing and probably a few more I've forgotten.
September is what counts - no-one remembers league titles (particularly in Kerry!).

I think this league meant the world to Kerry

Reactions at the end said it all
LAOIS ABÚ

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 10, 2017, 10:26:10 PM
Quote from: Heshs Umpire on April 10, 2017, 10:09:55 PM

I think this league meant the world to Kerry

Reactions at the end said it all

I think it was beating Dublin they were getting a bit excited about - the league title was almost secondary to that.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Tony

Yeah, Bomber Liston was on the radio yesterday and articulated himself well. Kerry were celebrating mostly because they beat Dublin as they've come close over the last few years but couldn't get over the line. This will be a big psychological boost for them. The league title was secondary. Kerry have some nice younger footballers coming through, too. Themselves, Mayo, Donegal and Dublin are the only teams who can win the whole job.