St Josephs/Barrowhouse
Ballylinan/Glenmore
Graiguecullen
St Josephs/Barrowhouse
Sarsfields Gaels
Portlaoise
Sarsfields
St Josephs/Barrowhouse

Thanks Hesh there was a serious standard in the years 1995-to 2000 with Sarsfields(ballyfin rock mountmellick) Ballylinan/Arles,Portlaoise and Portarlington and Joes/Barrowhouse all having some serious talent from the Laois 1995 minor team and so on...

Even the schools football in Knockbeg,Ballyfin and the C.B.S was unreal some of them matches will never be repeated talent wise!

LAOIS ABÚ

The Monument Road

Quote from: Laoislad80 on November 15, 2016, 03:53:07 PM
Might come as a shock to many but I'm backing  sars to win this reasons being they haven't conceded a goal yet have the same level of firepower(Moore caffery and Jason maher all very good forwards) also going off the semi this sars team have heart and a ever say die attitude. I give Joseph's the edge in the middle but o think Sara can limit Daly and campion if they set up right and Morris is in good form at full back so id say he can limit Michael keogh but I don't see a player off Joseph's that'll keep Moore quite and caffery and maher speed will
Be very hard to handle if their double mark Moore and leave them two space
Well wasnt i lucky i didnt listen to you Laoislad 80. SARS were second best in every quarter bar maybe the wing back Connolly. If i was to pick either Moore or Keogh id say Keogh won it hands down. Moore kicked a few scores but he was well marsalled by James Kelly. Joes/Bh were miles the better team and won easily and probably one of the best U21 club teams i've ever seen. Commiserations to the SARS combination

High Fielder

Agree with that. A very controlled and dominant performance from Joes/Barrowhouse. Sarsfields were very one dimensional and had no plan after Moore. The amount of times they got turned over just looking for him highlighted a very limited game plan. The winners played as a team and worked hard for each other. I can't understand why Josephs wouldn't want the Barrowhouse lads in the Senior set up. I thought the three of them contributed to most things that were good today, and the Number 12 in particular was outstanding.

SCFC

Really looks like Joseph's must go with Barrowhouse in the senior. A no brainer.

les Antiques

Convincing from the very start ,Sarsfield never posed much of a threat . Moore is a decent player but not as good as people make out . Having watched both Joes and Sars once before the final it was clear to see Joes had the stronger outfit . Connolly on the half back line for Sars got through a lot and is a good piece of stuff.  I agree the combination of Joes and Barrowhouse is a must . Not sure if the story about the Kingstons returning is altogether true.

redsetanta

Wouldn't surprise me if they moved, if they are welcomed back that is. I assume the homeplace is still in Barrowhouse?
Killeen are a bit of a spent force and the real driving force behind the team has passed away so it is interesting times for them.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

les Antiques

If this materialises it would certainly make things more interesting on the Senior Football front next year .

Hospital Pass

Disappointing final in truth. Sarsfields never really got going but to be honest as a previous poster stated, sarsfields have offered nothing at minor level for the last 3 years so making a final is a fair achievement.
St Josephs/Barrowhouse started the championship as favorites and justifiably so. probably the best team of any of the last 5 years or so. the 2 higgins twins were subs they are that strong.
Anybody have any idea on the age profile of the team?
On the moore v keogh debate. I dont think its a debate at all to be honest. Moore had 2 Josephs players on him for the entire game. It was odd to see. not a sweeper playing in front but 2 men either side for the full game. You cant really compare the two performances as like for like on that basis.

The Monument Road

Quote from: redsetanta on November 21, 2016, 09:51:02 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if they moved, if they are welcomed back that is. I assume the homeplace is still in Barrowhouse?
Killeen are a bit of a spent force and the real driving force behind the team has passed away so it is interesting times for them.
Welcomed back with open arms i'd say.The homeplace is and always was Barrowhouse but i would be very surprised if Donie or Paul left Kileen . Allegedly kileen are exploring every avenue regarding new transfers in and various gael amalgamations to try keep it going down there and win a SFC.

Unlaoised

Moore was well marshalled and sars didn't come up with a plan B....

Darragh connolly should go in with Laois he is a great bit of stuff best player on the park...

Great to see Joes strong again Laois needs them!
LAOIS ABÚ