Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballyroan Abbey

Maybe they should start looking at themselves for a change. Sure we will just blame the manager like ? A kick up the Arse is what's needed with a lot of lads . You only have a chance to train and play football when your young so why not cop on and make the most of it.
[/quote]

Because lads want to have their own craic away from football too at the end of the day its only a game, a lot of lads would rather a social life than a few pieces of silver

Laoiseabu

Yes Ballyroan abbey that's a fair point but my problem is when lads come down to the field hungover and not able to do a training session ,at the end of the season they then blame the manager for the teams lack of fitness and trophies and the manager then gets the chop

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: Laoiseabu on December 27, 2016, 12:31:16 PM
Yes Ballyroan abbey that's a fair point but my problem is when lads come down to the field hungover and not able to do a training session ,at the end of the season they then blame the manager for the teams lack of fitness and trophies and the manager then gets the chop

Regrade them to junior so, a club either has to reward the most committed players or the most talented because its not usually the same thing

Tobias

Laoiseabu nobody wants to be listening to your tripe talk.
Merman I'm with Clonadmad, your opinion is valued here.

Laoiseabu

You mean nobody wants to hear the truth I'm just saying what I'm seeing in my own club in particular . How is it Tripe ?

tcrilly

Quote from: Laoiseabu on December 27, 2016, 04:15:15 PM
You mean nobody wants to hear the truth I'm just saying what I'm seeing in my own club in particular . How is it Tripe ?

There are aspects to what you say are true, drink is a problem in smaller clubs, and lack of numbers in training and the playing guys that dont train etc, then as iv seen countless times the manager gets the blame instead of the fact they were running after guys with their tongue out, representing your county is a huge honor and it certainly is a young mans/ladies game and those who dont take nutrition and conditioning serious on their own part ahould be swiftly reminded there is someone hungrier for success than they are

Don Draper

Quote from: merman on December 26, 2016, 11:55:36 PM
Any "supporter" who ridicules their effort as a 'waste of time' can f**k off as far as I'm concerned.
I won't be posting on this forum again.
Fair fucks to you

gaastats

Laois' hurling:

Biggest ever win: (47) 1905 Croke Cup Laois 8-23 Louth 0-0
Biggest c'ship win: (30) 1939 Laois 12-8 Meath 4-2
Biggest league win: (28) 1964 Laois 9-8 Wicklow 1-4 & 1973 Laois 8-15 Westmeath 2-5 (also biggest Div1 win)
Biggest Walsh Cup win: (21) 1980 Laois 2-21 Wicklow 0-6
Biggest win v Big3 team: (24) 1925 League Laois 11-0 Cork 3-0

Biggest defeat: (38) 1927 League Laois 2-1 Cork 14-3 & 2008 Laois 0-6 Galway 6-26
Biggest c'ship defeat: (35) 2016 Laois 0-12 Clare 5-32 [2nd 2011 defeat to Cork; 3rd 1898 defeat to Dublin]
Biggest Walsh Cup defeat: (26) 1956 Laois 3-6 Kilkenny 12-5

blueandwhite1

What sort of panel / team have we for Sunday?

beano

This is not the team but would will make a guess: Rowland, stapleton, mullaney, carroll (abbeyleix), bergin, ciaran mcevoy , paddy whelan, stapleton, P Purcell, picky, J campion, L O connell, king, scully, w. Dunphy

Keyser Söze

Quote from: beano on January 05, 2017, 12:52:48 PM
This is not the team but would will make a guess: Rowland, stapleton, mullaney, carroll (abbeyleix), bergin, ciaran mcevoy , paddy whelan, stapleton, P Purcell, picky, J campion, L O connell, king, scully, w. Dunphy

Brian Stapleton back?
Ciaran Collier in squad? Conor Phelan is another- is he on panel?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

if that is the back 6 for laois then we are heading for the Christy ring.......not one would get near a top 8 inter county side.

with retirements we are lacking big time in defence. yes healy and a few others will return, the lack of proper defenders amongst the youth is a serious worry. could we perhaps try out cha at centre back and build a solid spine. the likes of bergin, mullaney and carroll are not up to senior inter county standard and never will be. if we have little option but to use them for now, it highlights the weakness in our set up.

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tobias

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on January 05, 2017, 01:37:15 PM
if that is the back 6 for laois then we are heading for the Christy ring.......not one would get near a top 8 inter county side.

with retirements we are lacking big time in defence. yes healy and a few others will return, the lack of proper defenders amongst the youth is a serious worry. could we perhaps try out cha at centre back and build a solid spine. the likes of bergin, mullaney and carroll are not up to senior inter county standard and never will be. if we have little option but to use them for now, it highlights the weakness in our set up.

I think this is a bit harsh on those lads, they are young and have a chance of developing, I remember Joe Fitz never played county minor and didn't become a good senior hurler overnight. We do need experience in defence and I'd imagine Darren Maher Matthew Whelan and Cahir Healy will be there to provide that. Dwayne Palmer is likely to be corner back. I think Tom Delaney should be given a chance this yr in the league to see if he's up to it. Paddy Whelans best position might well be at half back too. we need to find paddy Purcell a good partner in midfield, is Zane Keenan on the panel?. I would totally disagree with moving our best player and best forward to centre back. We need Cha both winning ball and scoring in the half forward line. Picky, Foyle, Scully, King, Campion,and Willie Dunphy are 6 established guys that are all good club hurlers but they need to prove themselves at County level, Laois need them to drive on this year. It will be interesting to see how Liam O Connell gets on this year and whether he will play in defence or attack, personally I would prob play him at half back. Ciaran Collier, Colm Stapleton, John Lennon and Ben Conroy are other useful options if available.
I presume Mark Kavanagh won't be available for a few months yet.
There are a few good young lads coming through but maybe they should be left with the 21s for one year, Aaron Dunphy, Lee Cleere, Robbie Phelan, Stephen Phelan, Conor Phelan, Joe Geaney off the top of my head.

beano

Lads just picked that team to stirr debate plus picked team knowing that lads are college tied and won't play for Laois in Walsh cup.