Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

Coming in as a coach from what I saw. He comes across as a smart man from what i've seen of him and he was a fine hurler. Just a pity there is no-one in Laois who could come in and do the same job. There must be some link with Kelly.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

merman

Owen Coss from Kilcotton confirmed as second selector.
Good addition; very well-respected and liked around the county.

Hopefully Borris/Kilcotton will continue their excellent representation on our county panels.

redsetanta

It's shaping up as a decent backroom team and arguably as good as what Cheddar had. Hopefully the players do buy into it and continue to hurl with the pride in the jersey that Cheddar instilled in them.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

tcrilly

Quote from: merman on November 29, 2016, 10:57:33 AM

Hopefully Borris/Kilcotton will continue their excellent representation on our county panels.

They need to put muscle in and lose the beer bellies if they are to be proud, no offence

Don Draper

Quote from: tcrilly on November 29, 2016, 11:20:25 AM

They need to put muscle in and lose the beer bellies if they are to be proud, no offence
Where did he mention pride?

And whyever would someone take offence at your slagging off amateur players in the off season?

tcrilly

Quote from: Don Draper on November 29, 2016, 11:42:07 AM

And whyever would someone take offence at your slagging off amateur players in the off season?

Okay then sorry, pick the b/k team give them free jackets and let them get bet by Kerry in the round robin, pride comes nowhere whilst representing your county, b/k are over rated immensely and were walked on by the Dublin champions because they drank solid for a week after winning the cf, 2-3 players top is a fair representation from b/k in my opinion, doesn't make it right but I'm entitled to it

Don Draper

Quote from: tcrilly on November 29, 2016, 03:13:01 PM

Okay then sorry, pick the b/k team give them free jackets and let them get bet by Kerry in the round robin, pride comes nowhere whilst representing your county, b/k are over rated immensely and were walked on by the Dublin champions because they drank solid for a week after winning the cf, 2-3 players top is a fair representation from b/k in my opinion, doesn't make it right but I'm entitled to it
You're entitled to your opinion, all Offaly men are.

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Don Draper on November 29, 2016, 04:04:16 PM

Having a difference of opinion is one thing. Calling someone an Offaly man is just pushing it too far.

tcrilly

You could of called me any name under the sun...but calling me an Offaly man is a low blow, you have no heart or soul you monster

Don Draper

Quote from: tcrilly on November 30, 2016, 05:40:16 PM

You could of called me any name under the sun...but calling me an Offaly man is a low blow, you have no heart or soul you monster
You're trying too hard

Laoiseabu

Any word on how hurlers are goin who are the new faces ?

merman

Quote from: Laoiseabu on December 26, 2016, 06:52:23 PM
I've been meaning to post here for a few days. I've heard really good things about the current setup.

I was going to reply with a thorough post until I saw this abolute bullshit post of yours;

Quote from: Laoiseabu on December 26, 2016, 06:37:33 PM
A lot of our core players are moving on and a lot of new lads that are being tried out are a waste of time if I'm being honest. A few new lads would want to stand up soon and I'm not talkin bout Mickey Mouse Obyrne cup players I'm talkin bout proper county standard MEN!!

Our country hurlers have a really difficult year ahead. Truthfully, they will have a tough couple of years but fair play to any young man who puts themselves forward for our hurling or football panels.

I intend being at every possible O'Byrne/Walsh Cup and Hurling/Football League game. Fair play to any and every young man who will sacrifice themselves for my county.

Any "supporter" who ridicules their effort as a 'waste of time' can f**k off as far as I'm concerned.
I won't be posting on this forum again.

clonadmad

Quote from: merman on December 26, 2016, 11:55:36 PM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on December 26, 2016, 06:52:23 PM
I've been meaning to post here for a few days. I've heard really good things about the current setup.

I was going to reply with a thorough post until I saw this abolute bullshit post of yours;

Quote from: Laoiseabu on December 26, 2016, 06:37:33 PM
A lot of our core players are moving on and a lot of new lads that are being tried out are a waste of time if I'm being honest. A few new lads would want to stand up soon and I'm not talkin bout Mickey Mouse Obyrne cup players I'm talkin bout proper county standard MEN!!

Our country hurlers have a really difficult year ahead. Truthfully, they will have a tough couple of years but fair play to any young man who puts themselves forward for our hurling or football panels.

I intend being at every possible O'Byrne/Walsh Cup and Hurling/Football League game. Fair play to any and every young man who will sacrifice themselves for my county.

Any "supporter" who ridicules their effort as a 'waste of time' can f**k off as far as I'm concerned.
I won't be posting on this forum again.

Merman you always been an informed and insightful poster,I'm surprised that to be frank an idiotic post would cause you to stop posting

I'd urge a rethink

Laoiseabu

Merman I would consider my post a fact actually I'm talking bout footballers. We have been slowly going backwards over the last couple of years and not have fell into division 3. We let in a cricket score in the league last year which makes me think where are we goin to get a few backs from. Chair Healy wud be good enough but he is hurling. Strong, Quigley, Munnelly, Timmons, Donoher, Meaney , Begley are all moving on and I can't see replacements which will leave us even weaker I'm just stating facts. I'm not making little of young lads representing their county I'm just saying that A lot of them are not up to the mark. The past two years we have been knocked out of qualifiers by Clare and Antrim like ? And Merman the reality is we may get weaker before we get stronger again. And it's not just the county that is struggling clubs are struggling aswell which leads to talks of another topic , amalgamations . Another thing that's a real problem this countries obsession with drink. Like I'm sick of looking at lads coming down to the local field and not being able to train properly because they were out the night before and then they wonder why they don't win county titles. They want all these professional physios professional dietitians strength and conditioning coaches etc but yet they constantly come down to the field after being stuck in the pub all night . Professional my Fuckin Arse 

Laoiseabu

And another thing when things don't work out then who gets the blame, yes the poor manager does and what happens then , he loses his job when it's the players themselves that decide to go on the piss the night before. Maybe they should start looking at themselves for a change. Sure we will just blame the manager like ? A kick up the Arse is what's needed with a lot of lads . You only have a chance to train and play football when your young so why not cop on and make the most of it.