Leinster U-21 Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 07, 2016, 01:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballyroan Abbey

Clancy has had 3years in club management and won nothing which is one of your arguements against creedon yet you want him to replace creedon after 4league games. Come on man he has done a half decent job with us last 2 years but thats about it, it wasnt like we were exactly shocking the likes of the heath and portlaoise was it

Tony

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt sometimes.

keep dreaming ballyroanabu, Jim McG ain't going anywhere near laois. Clancy hasn't proven that he's anywhere near inter county management material. McNulty isn't an option at the moment. Then you say think big but you mention  Joe Higgans and Jason Ryan, a man who did a woeful job with Kildare. Leave it so, let Creedon have the season at least before we judge. Bit of realism needed.

BallyroanAbu

I said Clancy has something special and in my opinion will achieve success wherever he goes.  So far your man Creedon has been absolutely dire, you keep going on about players the standard of division 3 football is brutal.  We have the players to compete at this level but our manager is poor where have got this unshakeable belief that this guy is the man.   Creedon has lost to Tipperary, Louth & Sligo these are not top rank teams we do not have to have great teams to beat these.    If anybody wants to have a bet with me on Graiguecullen who have not won championship in 50 years winning this year.  I will take 14/1 same price as Paddy Powers I willing to put my money where my mouth is on Clancy.  Not a great coach but has something else. 

BallyroanAbbey Creedon is crap and on Sunday we will lose against Antrim and I predict a relegation this year and an early exit in the championship.  Creedon of course will hang for time talking about development and improving performances.  But there is no better indicator of performance that points won.  I actually think Clancy did a massive job in Ballyroan completely underrated in our club I know he turned down more money in Ballyroan to go to Graigue.

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 17, 2017, 11:37:48 AM
At this stage I would go for a complete miracle shot, in an ideal world Clancy and McNulty but they are not coming out of their club jobs.   If money was not an object Jim McGuinness if we go outside we need to think big.   If cheap and doable, I like Higgins but I would think a bit of experience longside like Jason Ryan would not be an issue.  But if gun to my head Clancy and McNulty.   I really think Clancy has something special and we would be stupid not to give him the job at some point.

this is what i said in September 2016
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 27, 2016, 09:00:19 AM
How can saying this appointment is a waste of time be stupid, at worst it's a different opinion.  Peter Creedon is  a low profile appointment who will at best keep us in Division 3 at worst relegate us to Division 4.   The County Board by going this way is continually showing short-term behavior when have they stopped and asked what is going wrong with Laois Football ? They have continually kept their heads down and avoided criticism they are volunteers and maybe that is not in their remit.  But under their stewardship Laois Football is now at it's lowest point in over 30 years.  So if you think Peter Creedon is going to sort all this by being a good manager well good for him.  I just think Laois Football is in bigger trouble than just needing a new manager.  I think at this stage we are very much like Offaly which is quite amazing considering where we were over 4 years ago.  It wont be too long before people on here are dancing over a promotion to Division 3 from Division 4.   Laois need to have a strategic look at what they are doing not appointing a manager who at best is low profile to fire fight what is now a disaster.
""
Read above Tony, rather one day as lion Tony than a life time as a lamb.  P.S I still think you are Peter O Neill

ILikeStrawberryJam

Creedon has had half a team to pick from ffs ..

He may or may not be a success but judge him when he has a full squad

Hes had 4 league games with half a squad

Sometimes patience is called for .. just ask alex ferguson in his first season at utd ..

BallyroanAbu

He won't ever have a full squad by the summer things will be so bad we will have 4-5 in America.

BallyroanAbbey

so you want clancy to take over, a man with little managerial experience at club level never mind county level, and failed to produce one significant victory in his 2 years to date, even on clancy it would be unfair on him, long term we will see, graigue are a step up from ballyroan abbey and if he did well there you could talk about giving him an u21 job/selector role because its a process. If Laois's shooting was anyway decent the other night we would of finished the game off in the first 15 minutes and we'd be talking about preparing for a leinster final and the progress that creedon is having with the younger players. Instead they lose by a point and lost a couple of league games with a few experimental selections and you want the man ran? delusional.

BallyroanAbu

BallyroanAbbey I said in an ideal world give it to Clancy or McNulty as you could not possibly do any worse than whats been going on for the last 5 years. "if" is a big word and in fairness it never matters.  If  Creedon wins on Sunday I am sure they will all be on here telling me his turned a corner and what a clown I am.  But happily I am ok with being a clown.  I think an appointment like Clancy or McNulty is progressive it's outside the norm of what Laois do and ITS A GAMBLE there is loads of upside and very little downside.   We can't get much worse,  I am looking more right about Creedon each week it's not fair or right that we should get rid of at end of the League but idiotic managers like him are costing Laois Football in spades.  I said it TOF, Lillis and now Creedon we don't have the time or money to continue this, fans are voting with their feet their is no buzz in Laois Football does anyone honestly think this is good for Laois Football.   It's not the done thing to sack a manager early but is leaving this farce to continue any better.

clonadmad

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 17, 2017, 01:56:40 PM
I said Clancy has something special and in my opinion will achieve success wherever he goes.  So far your man Creedon has been absolutely dire, you keep going on about players the standard of division 3 football is brutal.  We have the players to compete at this level but our manager is poor where have got this unshakeable belief that this guy is the man.   Creedon has lost to Tipperary, Louth & Sligo these are not top rank teams we do not have to have great teams to beat these.    If anybody wants to have a bet with me on Graiguecullen who have not won championship in 50 years winning this year.  I will take 14/1 same price as Paddy Powers I willing to put my money where my mouth is on Clancy.  Not a great coach but has something else. 

BallyroanAbbey Creedon is crap and on Sunday we will lose against Antrim and I predict a relegation this year and an early exit in the championship.  Creedon of course will hang for time talking about development and improving performances.  But there is no better indicator of performance that points won.  I actually think Clancy did a massive job in Ballyroan completely underrated in our club I know he turned down more money in Ballyroan to go to Graigue.

At this stage I would go for a complete miracle shot, in an ideal world Clancy and McNulty but they are not coming out of their club jobs.   If money was not an object Jim McGuinness if we go outside we need to think big.   If cheap and doable, I like Higgins but I would think a bit of experience longside like Jason Ryan would not be an issue.  But if gun to my head Clancy and McNulty.   I really think Clancy has something special and we would be stupid not to give him the job at some point.

this is what i said in September 2016
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 27, 2016, 09:00:19 AM
How can saying this appointment is a waste of time be stupid, at worst it's a different opinion.  Peter Creedon is  a low profile appointment who will at best keep us in Division 3 at worst relegate us to Division 4.   The County Board by going this way is continually showing short-term behavior when have they stopped and asked what is going wrong with Laois Football ? They have continually kept their heads down and avoided criticism they are volunteers and maybe that is not in their remit.  But under their stewardship Laois Football is now at it's lowest point in over 30 years.  So if you think Peter Creedon is going to sort all this by being a good manager well good for him.  I just think Laois Football is in bigger trouble than just needing a new manager.  I think at this stage we are very much like Offaly which is quite amazing considering where we were over 4 years ago.  It wont be too long before people on here are dancing over a promotion to Division 3 from Division 4.   Laois need to have a strategic look at what they are doing not appointing a manager who at best is low profile to fire fight what is now a disaster.
""
Read above Tony, rather one day as lion Tony than a life time as a lamb.  P.S I still think you are Peter O Neill

Tipp got to an All Ireland semi final,when was the last time we managed that?

We have one Leinster since '46,by the way your talking you'd swear we were a Cork or Down or god forbid an Offaly a former top rank team fallen on hard times and the county board and team management trying to sate supporters high expectations based on past successes.

A reality check is badly needed

BallyroanAbu

But he wasn't the manager.  Seriously that's like saying Jose Mourino is responsible for Chelsea this season and I am delusional.

Don Draper

Jim McGuinness taking over a team on the way to Division 4?! To a county who sacked a respected manager after 4 months?! One for whom Micko wasn't even good enough for at the end?!

Yer all f**king nuts lads, but its great entertainment all the same.

ILikeStrawberryJam

BallyroanAbu

I did say McGuinness if money was not an issue, I reckon Creedon's continued appointement will cost prob €100000 in just fan apathy the rest of this year.  I reckon we will have less than 1000 at remaining matches where if things going well we would have  2500 plus at matches.

blueandwhite1

It is just laughable that Creedon is being blamed for the state of Laois football. By focusing on the manager, it distracts from the real culprits, the county board, the schools and the clubs.

High Fielder

Offaly are not a bad team in my opinion. No shame in being turned over. We're not as bad as we showed and with a bit more composure, who knows what direction the game would have gone in. No need for all out panic. Some of these lads are well capable of being developed, and obviously, some are not. I worry about how flakey we are under pressure (in all ages and codes) and our failure to grasp what is required of players in their positions. I'm looking at lads who could be ruined if we don't put them in a position where they can be seen at their best. Whoever thought of playing James Kelly as a corner back has no understanding of defensive attributes, yet many coaches have followed suit. No fault of his own, and he remains a great prospect, but just not at corner back. Just one example......

steven seagal

QuoteI did say McGuinness if money was not an issue, I reckon Creedon's continued appointement will cost prob €100000 in just fan apathy the rest of this year.  I reckon we will have less than 1000 at remaining matches where if things going well we would have  2500 plus at matches.
]

That is an absolutely bonkers statement. I'd like to wish you well in your new job doing the accounts for Donald Trump, he'd love a lad like you inventing numbers for him. Good Jazus.