Leinster Minor Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 07, 2016, 01:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

Fair play to the Comerford brothers I think this is their 7th consecutive weekend of championship games with Laois.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unison

Very surprised not to see Colin Slevin on the team. Is he injured?

County baller

I hear theres 4 changes to the team that's named in the programme

town1980

blueandwhite1

Quote from: town1980 on May 20, 2017, 05:03:05 PM
No score for 28 mins says it all : :-X

What is your very sophisticated analysis of the reasons for the loss Town1980?

redsetanta

Curious to know why Leinster minor games are not on before senior games anymore. Ulster had minor on last week before senior game and again this week. Always enjoyed going in early to watch the minor game. 
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on May 24, 2017, 12:51:27 PM
Curious to know why Leinster minor games are not on before senior games anymore. Ulster had minor on last week before senior game and again this week. Always enjoyed going in early to watch the minor game.
I doubt Kildare would moved the game to Portlaoise just to suit us.

redsetanta

I know that but when and why did it become stand alone? It's been a good while now and as I said just curious considering Ulster have still kept it up.

GAA-SMART

Are the management staying on for next year ?

SCFC

Just revisiting this. Based on games I've seen since the last post on this thread in the senior, minor and under 17 championships, I'd have to question how a few lads didn't make at least the minor panel.
Kevin Byrne, Jordan Fitzpatrick, the Port minor full back (Kennedy?), Matthew Byron are four lads I've been fierce impressed with.

steven seagal

I think the Fitzpatrick chap was with the Leinster rugby academy, or some way involved with their youth set up, so he was tied up with that.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on October 18, 2017, 10:59:22 AM
Even though the qualifying age is now under 17 it's still Minor so here is our new Minor manager.

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/10/17/new-laois-u-17-football-manager-follow-fathers-footsteps/
Best of luck to Donncha with next year's minors. Hope he gets a good team around him.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper