Leinster Minor Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 07, 2016, 01:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Terrace

Hearing word colm begley is main man anyone know? Or is only filling in until county board get their finger out + appoint a man?

GAA-SMART

Begley is County Games Development officer so is only covering until the County Board get whoever they want I would think,  Begley couldn't really do it and be playing Senior County Football..

From the Terrace

yeah makes most sense, county board really dragging feet on this one.

GAA-SMART

Was over at the final yesterday and very little talk of it

GAA-SMART

Main worry for new management will be the fact St Pauls had 5 Laois forwards and only scored about 1-4 and the Goal was a peno !

El Jefe

One bad performance doesn't make them bad players. Like I said in the other thread, it was as bad a performance as they've put in in years. Not quite as bad as the first half of the U16 final v Portlaoise but at least in that one they came out and scored 1-10 in the second half. Never looked like doing anything similar yesterday. Port were worthy winners, had some fine players themselves

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: El Jefe on October 17, 2016, 10:44:52 AM
One bad performance doesn't make them bad players. Like I said in the other thread, it was as bad a performance as they've put in in years. Not quite as bad as the first half of the U16 final v Portlaoise but at least in that one they came out and scored 1-10 in the second half. Never looked like doing anything similar yesterday. Port were worthy winners, had some fine players themselves
Absolutely. Actually both teams are better than that game showed. Port have some fine players and deserved that win. Some of the county standard players never got going yesterday. Happens.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Laoiseabu

If 5 of them St. Paul's fowards are considered county standard it's a big worry some of them didn't want to know about it yesterday playing against fellow chaps

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Laoiseabu on October 17, 2016, 08:23:37 PM
If 5 of them St. Paul's fowards are considered county standard it's a big worry some of them didn't want to know about it yesterday playing against fellow chaps
Like I said, and I'm sure they know it themselves, they never did themselves justice yesterday.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Laoiseabu

It wud of been nice to win u16 17 18 all in one year

GAA-SMART

Anyone know why Mark Rooney didn't continue this year ?

El Jefe

Heard on Sunday that it was down to money, county board thought what he was doing was costing too much. Don't know how true that is

GAA-SMART

After what they forked out on the Creedon gang I cant imagine how Rooney could of been costing too much, at the end of the Day they got to a Leinster Final, not a bad return, no matter what the costs really. The fact there is no names being mentioned other than Kinsella and Kelly suggests maybe its not Kinsella and Kelly or the CB don't want them, what could possibly be the hold up.

From the Terrace

Heard 1500 a month he was getting last year, decent money but he got as much as anyone got out a group of players, but the county board probably in napper tandys for the week, might sort it next week.

OTF

Quote from: GAA-SMART on October 18, 2016, 12:12:08 PM
After what they forked out on the Creedon gang I cant imagine how Rooney could of been costing too much, at the end of the Day they got to a Leinster Final, not a bad return, no matter what the costs really. The fact there is no names being mentioned other than Kinsella and Kelly suggests maybe its not Kinsella and Kelly or the CB don't want them, what could possibly be the hold up.

Do you know what the Creedon gang is costing ?