Sunday 5 February - Longford v Offaly, Sligo v Armagh, Tipperary v Antrim

Round 2
Saturday 11 February - Armagh v Laois
Sunday 12 February - Louth v Longford, Offaly v Antrim, Tipperary v Sligo

Round 3
Saturday 25 February - Laois v Tipperary
Sunday 26 February - Antrim v Sligo, Longford v Armagh, Offaly v Louth

Round 4
Sunday 5 March - Armagh v Offaly, Louth v Antrim, Sligo v Laois, Tipperary v Longford

Round 5
Sunday 19 March - Longford v Sligo, Louth v Armagh, Offaly v Tipperary, Antrim v Laois

Round 6
Saturday 25 March - Armagh v Antrim, Laois v Longford
Sunday 26 March - Sligo v Offaly, Tipperary v Louth

Round 7
Sunday 2 April - Armagh v Tipperary, Louth v Sligo, Offaly v Laois, Antrim v Longford
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

SCFC

Honestly think we'll struggle to get promotion in this.
Not even a manager in place on 14th September. Crazy.

Dave like the tv channel

SCFC

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on September 15, 2016, 10:47:24 AM
so long as we don't get relegated........

True. Win in the first game badly needed - games 2 and 3 are difficult.

welcomehome

have laois only 3 home matches in the league...

Dave like the tv channel

It's going to be three or four. One year Cork fecked up over something and Laois got that game at home. We ended up with five home matches that year.

Tony

Any manager with ambition and know how should be looking to get promoted here. Tipperary are the only side that are better than us. A manager like Lillis would come in expecting to be relegated and then doing enough work to get relegated. Let's NOT get that kind of manager, whatever we do.

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: Tony on September 19, 2016, 12:11:30 PM
Any manager with ambition and know how should be looking to get promoted here. Tipperary are the only side that are better than us. A manager like Lillis would come in expecting to be relegated and then doing enough work to get relegated. Let's NOT get that kind of manager, whatever we do.

Its not a manager issue laois have its a attitude issue particularly with supporters, division 2/3 is the standard that we have been at for most of our history, yet there are some who think we should be challenging dublin for all irelands, the fact is that we have basically 2 players who couldstart for mayo/kerry/dublin, one of whom is playing hurling.

The reality is that the players coming through arent as good as the ones retiring

Laoiseabu

Tony

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on September 19, 2016, 01:49:35 PM

Its not a manager issue laois have its a attitude issue particularly with supporters, division 2/3 is the standard that we have been at for most of our history, yet there are some who think we should be challenging dublin for all irelands,
Ah would ya ever pipe down, nobody's saying we should be anywhere near Dublin  ::)  ::). I don't care about our history : this current crop of players can do a whole lot better. Of course not Dublin standard but we can be the 2nd team in leinster / 4th round / A.I. 1/4 final level. I don't see any point in your "oh we're always division 2/3 - better get comfortable" attitude - why not set the ambition a bit higher in fairness. Back to Division 2 and a Leinster final (if Dublin are not on our side of draw) should be a REALISTIC target for 2017 for whoever gets the job. If he doesn't have that target - what's the point - might as well get the local parish priest in charge.

Ballyroan Abbey

2nd best team in leinster, Really? I would say forth maybe 5th,
Meath, Kildare and Westmeath are better than us and they arent exactly pulling up trees, since our last leinster final in 07 we were beaten in leinster by wexford handy enough in a semi final in 08, hammered by kildare in 09,hammered by meath in 10, beat by longford in 12, hammered at home by louth in 13 hammered by kildare last year in a replay.
Thats results over 5 managers, it cant always be the the manager.

And the one time we were getting to last 8/12 the man was hated by the supporters because of the way we played, despite the facts we were getting the results you wanted.

Basically laois supporter are probably the worst in country in termz of actually going to support the teams and inflated expectation.

We are still waiting for the 03/04/05 minor teams to come good and have the same expectations we had in 03, and its not going to happen, those lads are between 28 and 31 now.

Would i like to see us where gou want us ti be? Of course, but like i said before the players arent there, havnt been for a while now, as long as they are doing their best and try and make the most of their ability that'll be enough for me. But unfortuntely for some people they'll allways demand more, no matter how well things are going

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Well said Ballyroan, hard to admit but unfortunately true at this moment and obviously that's the way potential managers are looking at us, they're not exactly falling over themselves trying to get the job...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Tony

I clearly didn't say we're the 2nd best team in Leinster, I said that should be our aim: promotion ; leinster final.

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on September 19, 2016, 01:49:35 PM

Its not a manager issue laois have its a attitude issue particularly with supporters, division 2/3 is the standard that we have been at for most of our history, yet there are some who think we should be challenging dublin for all irelands, the fact is that we have basically 2 players who couldstart for mayo/kerry/dublin, one of whom is playing hurling.

The reality is that the players coming through arent as good as the ones retiring

Agree. We been spoiled because were a Division1 side for a lot of the 90s and 00s. As a county, we were punching above our weight during that period. Based on population alone, we are in tier3 and allowing for 1/3 of the county who don't kick ball.........?

We're not like Galway, Cork, Dublin etc who have massive population bases. We must learn to know our level. Div3 is a tad too low for me, but we should be competing in Div1.

Tony

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on September 20, 2016, 08:37:30 AM
We're not like Galway, Cork, Dublin etc who have massive population bases. We must learn to know our level. Div3 is a tad too low for me, but we should be competing in Div1.
Completely contradictory statement there.  :P :P . I wonder have people even eaten their breakfast before posting, seem half asleep.

Surely people can agree that we should be aiming for promotion in division 3 with the likes of Louth, offaly, antrim and armagh (a team we beat 3 times last year).

I don't get what the opposition to that is - we have the potential to be promoted, clearly, and we should be aiming to better ourselves and get back to div 2.

As for the Leinster - if we're on the right side of the draw without Dublin, we should aim to beat what's there and try to get to the final. Even if it's Westmeath, kildare or meath - we should aim to beat them. We have the potential to do that. That's my point.