Walsh Cup 2016

Started by Mossy Bruce, December 08, 2015, 11:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Personally, I didn't think John Walsh was very good at full-back on Sunday. I don't think you could have him in the full-back line, anyway.

redsetanta

Darren Maher is the only man for full back. Walsh will need a bit of time to get up to speed. Hopefully he can.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

merman

Quote from: redsetanta on January 21, 2016, 05:19:57 PM
Merman, would you not find a place for John Walsh somewhere in the back 6?

Does Matthew have the pace for full back?

Walsh mightn't make my first team but I can guarantee you Cheddar knows a hell of a lot more than me!! I would have concerns about his pace; particularly over the first couple of yards.

As for Matthew; basically, I want him in my team but I don't think he's our best option on the half-back line. Physically,  I think he could be an excellent fullback.
I would have no fears whatsoever in throwing Darren Maher in at full back either by the way.

Tobias

I'd agree with merman, if Matthew hasn't the pace for full bk then J Walsh certainly hasn't. When it comes to the summer you need guys with pace especially in the full bk line. I even think mermans back six might struggle against quality opposition for pace..

Healy-Whelan-Maher; Fitzpatrick-Foyle-Delaney

I think Healy would be ideal for a man marking job on the likes of Shane Dooley, the other corner bk spot should go to someone with pace to and hope that Darren Maher can do a job a full back.
Paddy Purcell needs to be in midfield and we need to be getting the best out of him there.
Up front they kind of pick themselves if they are all there, Hyland, Zane(hopefully), Cha, Picky, Roddy, then maybe Scully or a fit Willie Dunphy.

redsetanta

I think that Reddin would be worth a shout in one of the corners for the league if the other lads are back. He'd be best suited closer to goal. He doesn't have the physicality for the 11 shirt.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Ogie

Great to see it confirmed that Joe & Zane are back on board and Willie & Cahir are also back in training,

Unlaoised

How did the practice game go against Waterford last week?
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Things looking up alright and alot of senior players performing very well in the Fitzgibbon competition. Hopefully they hit the ground running in the league!