The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Quote from: Sanny on May 18, 2017, 06:34:51 PM
Is Clonad not a second club in the town ?
Maybe clubs should look at their own set-up and stop looking for ways to break-up Portlaoise?
Typical Reaction!! Channel your bitterness into something more constructive in your own club ?

Eh the clue might be in the name of our Juvenile set up

Raheen.
Parish.
Gaels.

There are 1200 odd,boys between first class and sixth class in the town primary schools.

How many are juvenile members of Portlaoise GAA club?.

BobbyBoucherJr

Sanny

Do Portlaoise have the resources to tap into the potential in the primary schools ? I doubt it ? This is a county board issue . Whether they play with Portlaoise, Clonad, The Heath etc is irrelevant. Because these numbers are not being reflected in Portlaoise GAA Juvenile teams is hardly totally their fault . There is a far bigger issue here being ignored by people who just want any opportunity to have a go ?
If 1/3 of the underage playing population are in Portlaoise schools , why is there not a GDA there semi permanently developing kids for whatever club they wish to play for ?

merman

Huge credit to Cullohill NS who have qualified for the final of Division 1 in the cumann an bunscoil hurling. Defending champions; great consistency for a relatively small school.

Interesting to see that Emo will play in the Division 2 Final. Great work up there.

I understand both Killanure and Camross both have teams in finals. Great work going on up in Camross.

Don Draper

Quote from: Sanny on May 18, 2017, 11:29:19 PM
Do Portlaoise have the resources to tap into the potential in the primary schools ? I doubt it ? This is a county board issue . Whether they play with Portlaoise, Clonad, The Heath etc is irrelevant. Because these numbers are not being reflected in Portlaoise GAA Juvenile teams is hardly totally their fault . There is a far bigger issue here being ignored by people who just want any opportunity to have a go ?
If 1/3 of the underage playing population are in Portlaoise schools , why is there not a GDA there semi permanently developing kids for whatever club they wish to play for ?
County board issue? f**k sake, do every club want the county board to take them by the hand and do everything for them?

You know what, maybe you're right, maybe it is a county board issue, maybe in fact, its a leinster council issue, and a croke park issue. Maybe its as simple as what we've been saying all along, Portlaoise are incapable of handling Portlaoise town, and it needs to be taken out of their hands. You might just be right.

Zooming around

Saw this on the Laois GAA twitter. Encouraging.

Well done to our U14 hurlers who had a good win over Limerick today and to our U15hurlers who had two great games with Waterford. #goodwork

Blow-in

Quote from: Zooming around on May 22, 2017, 06:18:47 PM
Saw this on the Laois GAA twitter. Encouraging.

Well done to our U14 hurlers who had a good win over Limerick today and to our U15hurlers who had two great games with Waterford. #goodwork

Very encouraging is right. Who's involved with all them squads?

Zooming around

More encouraging news on Laois GAA twitter.

The Laois U15 squad who played Tipp. Game 1 Tipp 3-10 Laois 1-09. Game 2 Laois 3-16 Tipp 4-11. Thanks @TipperaryGAA

Blow-in

Quote from: Zooming around on May 28, 2017, 06:57:17 PM

The Laois U15 squad who played Tipp. Game 1 Tipp 3-10 Laois 1-09. Game 2 Laois 3-16 Tipp 4-11. Thanks @TipperaryGAA

Really? From what I can see they lost the first game and then barely won the second. Hardly anything to dream of winning all irelands

Don Draper

Quote from: Batman!!! on May 28, 2017, 07:33:11 PM

Really? From what I can see they lost the first game and then barely won the second. Hardly anything to dream of winning all irelands
Yea, f**k it shur, we really should be beating the likes of Tipp by a cricket score in both. Disband the panel this instant!

blueandwhite1

Idiotic post.

Anyone have any insight into the games?

clonadmad

Played in Colt

Tipp brought full u15 panel,the better side in the first game mainly down to their size and power.

They didn't like getting bet in the second game!!!

Zooming around

Beating Tipp is never to be sneezed at. Our seniors are a long way off that mark so it's good to see the underage players competing with the top counties.

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on May 29, 2017, 04:10:43 PM

Beating Tipp is never to be sneezed at. Our seniors are a long way off that mark so it's good to see the underage players competing with the top counties.

Agreed

Played Limerick recently at u15 as well,won 1 lost 1 by a small margin.

That's the company we need to be competitive with at all underage levels.