Quarter-Finals

Dublin v Laois/Wicklow

Louth/Carlow v Meath

Longford/Offaly v Westmeath

Wexford v Kildare

Semi-Finals

Laois/Wicklow/Dublin v Louth/Carlow/Meath

Longford/Offaly/Westmeath v Wexford/Kildare
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

A game against the All Ireland Champions in Nowlan Park would be a great occasion and that's where you'd want to be with a game under your belt.
Stick to the stand though as the bandwagon dubs will be in the terrace (tanked up from the night before).
Could Laois bring hurls to that one??
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tony

Junior, in fairness you could have put that on the thread "Looking forward to Laois in 2016". No point starting multiple threads about a very similar topic. ;)

Heshs Umpire

So, Nowlan Park it is if we beat Wickla.
What do ye think? Twitter is not impressed anyway and I'm inclined to agree.
Would it have been too much to ask Dublin to actually play an away game?!
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Tony

Better than Croke Park but the ultimate would be Portlaoise - what a great fixture that would be (if we beat wicklow).

Unlaoised

A joke by the GAA ...The only county who doesn't field a football team get the benefit of the biggest football game outside Portlaoise for Years...

Why not O'Moore park its suppose to be Home game for the winners of Wicklow and Laois...

The GAA have pissed me off on this one!

I know if Wicklow win They have nowhere to host it and maybe Carlow or Portlaoise would have been an option then but Nowlan park it makes no sense!

#GAAMONEYGRABBERS
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

Makes no sense especially in the context of work being done to extend the capacity of O'Moore park by Jan 2016. It's idiotic. Not everything should revolve around money. They'll get an extra few grand from the match being in kilkenny. So what - would be a massive fixture in Portlaoise.

south Laois

This decision is beyond a joke. Why bother spending money on O Moore park if it's not to get any games that will test the capacity. To me it looks like a token gesture. It would have been a huge boost to the town of Portlaoise. I still think it's worthwhile to put in some sort of complaint. They probably won't change venue but at least they'll know our feelings on it.

Hospital Pass

This decision really does get my goat.
O Moore park after January of next year will actually have a larger capacity than Nowlan park. Are the dubs allergic to standing at games..... oh wait.
If the Gaa are using the lost revenue for the decision then lets not kid ourselves for any longer, the Gaa is a so called 'Amateur organisation' and decisions should not be made solely on financial gains.
If they wanted to go that route lets call it a professional sport and play the games in croker and pay the players.

Giovanni

I'd agree with all of the above. As far as I know the capacity of O Moore Park is 3,000 greater than that of Nowlan Park. This means that 3,000 will miss out on the game. I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of that 3,000 wouldn't mind if they're sitting of standing.

As someone else said, a game like this will have no impact on the popularity of the game in Kilkenny but it could have had a great impact on the kids around Laois.

Of course this is all assuming we managed to beat Wicklow, which is a pretty big assumption given our performance against lower division teams over the last few years.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Unlaoised on November 12, 2015, 10:01:32 AM
A joke by the GAA ...The only county who doesn't field a football team get the benefit of the biggest football game outside Portlaoise for Years...

Why not O'Moore park its suppose to be Home game for the winners of Wicklow and Laois...

The GAA have pissed me off on this one!

I know if Wicklow win They have nowhere to host it and maybe Carlow or Portlaoise would have been an option then but Nowlan park it makes no sense!

#GAAMONEYGRABBERS
If Portaloise has a bigger capacity than Nowlan Park then how can it be about money?

With the number of Dubs signing up for season tickets, might it be that they have to provide a seat for them? It's grand saying they won't mind standing. They might just mind it.

Giovanni

Season tickets don't entitle the holder to stadium seating - as I learned in Aughrim a couple of years ago.

It's about money because you can charge more for seats and there are more seats in Nowlan Park. It's pathetic really

Unlaoised

I hear Kevin Meaney,Paul Begley,James Finn,Pauric McMahon,Conor Merdith,have all opted not to play this year...O'Leary can't be talked in to coming back either!  :( :( :(

I really hope Mick Lillis has the personality for this we need someone that can man manage this team and get lads back on board!

LAOIS ABÚ

Helix

Quote from: Unlaoised on December 01, 2015, 12:49:26 PM
I hear Kevin Meaney,Paul Begley,James Finn,Pauric McMahon,Conor Merdith,have all opted not to play this year...O'Leary can't be talked in to coming back either!  :( :( :(

I really hope Mick Lillis has the personality for this we need someone that can man manage this team and get lads back on board!

Do we really need to be coaxing lads to play for their county in fairness? Leave the option for them to return but leave it at that. If you want to play for your county, you don't need to be chased to play.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

OTF

Quote from: Giovanni on November 12, 2015, 10:09:02 PM
Season tickets don't entitle the holder to stadium seating - as I learned in Aughrim a couple of years ago.

It's about money because you can charge more for seats and there are more seats in Nowlan Park. It's pathetic really

I'd say Kilkenny needed help to put the roof back on the shed,it's as simple as that.