Laois U21 Football Championship

Started by Laoischat, October 15, 2015, 04:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoischat

Is there anyone but Sarsfields to look at in this years U21 championship. From what I can see, Sarsfields won the championship easy enough and they have only lost 4 players (Eoin George, Eoghan Keogh, The Mangan twins) and still have Sean & James Moore, Ciaran Duff, Darren Fitzpatrick, Niall Mullins, Keith Dunphy, Con Maher, Adam o'Reilly.

Josephs who they beat in last years finals have lost the Campions, there main play makers.

Not too sure on the Portlaoise situation, but minor at this age they were no world beaters.

Anyone any insight?

SCFC

Killeshin Crettyard drew with Port at the weekend. Winners of that replay won't be too bad.
Graiguecullen are always decent too.

Target Man

Quote from: Laoischat on October 15, 2015, 04:51:23 PM
Is there anyone but Sarsfields to look at in this years U21 championship. From what I can see, Sarsfields won the championship easy enough and they have only lost 4 players (Eoin George, Eoghan Keogh, The Mangan twins) and still have Sean & James Moore, Ciaran Duff, Darren Fitzpatrick, Niall Mullins, Keith Dunphy, Con Maher, Adam o'Reilly.

Josephs who they beat in last years finals have lost the Campions, there main play makers.

Not too sure on the Portlaoise situation, but minor at this age they were no world beaters.

Anyone any insight?

Portlaoise may not have been world beaters at minor, but they were still good enough to win the minor championship in 2012, so I would imagine they should be contenders

Heshs Umpire

Good win for Killeshin Crettyard over Port in the replay yesterday.
O'Carroll was outstanding. Port team very young, I'd imagine most of them underage again next year.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Laoischat

Sarsfield's won yesterday but a very poor performance in rotten conditions

Very questionable team selection and tactics employed by Sarsfields management. Sean Moore played the first half and scored 1-2. Great to see Darren Fitz back after some injury troubles lately.

Very interesting see how they do against Portlaoise next week.

Who is in charge of Sarsfields this year does anyone know, I've heard a few but interested to hear for sure.

SCFC

Shocked to hear Stradbally Parish Gaels withdrew/gave a walkover in this. Graigue through without kicking a ball. Weren't they in the minor final last year? Surely between three clubs they can put out a team.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Saturday 31/10/2015

14:30. Ballylinan/Glenmore  v Graiguecullen  @Crettyard

14:30. Killeshin/Crettyard  v St Joseph's-Barrowhouse  @Stradbally

14:30. Sarsfields  v Portlaoise  @Ratheniska
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

SCFC

Heard Killeshin Crettyard drew with Joes/B'house, Portlaoise beat Sarsfields by a point and Graigue murdered Ballylinan parish,

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: SCFC on October 31, 2015, 09:21:41 PM
Heard Killeshin Crettyard drew with Joes/B'house, Portlaoise beat Sarsfields by a point and Graigue murdered Ballylinan parish,

Graiguecullen:  2-11
Ballylinan:  0-02

The Monument Road

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on October 31, 2015, 09:30:22 PM
Quote from: SCFC on October 31, 2015, 09:21:41 PM

Graiguecullen:  2-11
Ballylinan:  0-02
A murder is putting it mildly. Thought the parish would do better then this with the talent they are supposed to have at this age group.From what i could see they dont seem to be pulling together. The parish senior teams will be in dire straits very soon unless sensible decisions are made and the three parish teams join. Arles and Kileen will be on a fast downward slide due to players shortage and with no juvenile structors in either of these clubs the future is bleak for them.

Laoischat

Portlaoise were far more physical than Sarsfields in there match. Battered them around the middle and funneld 13 men back behind the ball in defence, in an effort to take Sean Moore out of the game. Conor Dunphy and John Kav were great on the break for Portlaoise. While James Moore and Sean Moore were the best for Sarsfields.

A really good game that finished 0-11 to 0-10

Heshs Umpire

Running very late again this year. Could be a great competition but needs to played at a better time of the year. Conditions this weekend mightn't be too pretty!
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

From the Terrace

Rosenallis vs Emo/Courtwood/The Rock q.final
Killeshin/Crettyard vs St joes/Barrowhouse q.final
Portlaoise Vs Graiguecullen s.final

presume this is the situation, as the laois gaa website is acting up when i try to go into u/21 as per usual. Hard to look past Portlaoise/Graigue for this.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: From the Terrace on November 13, 2015, 12:19:08 PM
Rosenallis vs Emo/Courtwood/The Rock q.final
Killeshin/Crettyard vs St joes/Barrowhouse q.final
Portlaoise Vs Graiguecullen s.final

presume this is the situation, as the laois gaa website is acting up when i try to go into u/21 as per usual. Hard to look past Portlaoise/Graigue for this.

That's it , this is from Laois GAA Website.......

15/11/2015
At McCann Park, Portarlington
14:00. Courtwood Emo The Rock   v  Rosenallis      Ref: Joe Brennan

At Fr. Maher Park, Graiguecullen
14:00. Killeshin-Crettyard   v  St Joseph's-Barrowhouse      Ref: Eddie Kinsella

28/11/2015
At Crettyard GFC
14:00. Portlaoise   v   Graiguecullen   

Junior Ex Laoistalk

28/11/2015
At Crettyard GFC
14:00. Portlaoise   v   Graiguecullen

***Posponed due to Portlaoise involvement in the Leinster Club Championship i hear, they have a few u-21s involved.***