Laois Intermediate Football Championship

Started by SCFC, July 28, 2015, 07:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Spink look to be goners. They will hardly bother playing timahoe now after getting hidings from Portlaoise and The Rock.
Meanwhile, Timahoe are effectively already through to semi final after a handy win over the town last night. This should be an easy championship for them by the looks of things and they might add the junior B title too next week. Playing a Colt/Mountrath combination in the final

Uisce

The Rock fairly hammered Spink last night.. Football has been completely put aside it seems over there! The two just don't work together for them it seems! Most likely Annanough and Timahoe to go straight into semi finals. Annanough are the only team I can see that MAY put it up to Timahoe. Still can't see anyone coming close to them.

Hospital Pass

Quote from: SCFC on August 14, 2015, 08:19:25 AM
Spink look to be goners. They will hardly bother playing timahoe now after getting hidings from Portlaoise and The Rock.
Meanwhile, Timahoe are effectively already through to semi final after a handy win over the town last night. This should be an easy championship for them by the looks of things and they might add the junior B title too next week. Playing a Colt/Mountrath combination in the final
The Junior B final is between Killeshin and St fintans SCFC. Killesin have a nice team at that grade.
Spink are as good as gone in this alright. Surprised by the beating they took last night. looks like a battle between Graigue and Kilcavan in the other group to see who joins them in the Junior A.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Uisce on August 14, 2015, 10:47:19 AM
The Rock fairly hammered Spink last night.. Football has been completely put aside it seems over there! The two just don't work together for them it seems! Most likely Annanough and Timahoe to go straight into semi finals. Annanough are the only team I can see that MAY put it up to Timahoe. Still can't see anyone coming close to them.
Feel sorry for Spink. They struggle for numbers and for them to lose 2 players to a senior club didnt help. What makes it worse is these same players are not getting a smell at a game with their new club..

SCFC

Quote from: Hospital Pass on August 14, 2015, 12:03:02 PM
The Junior B final is between Killeshin and St fintans SCFC. Killesin have a nice team at that grade.
Spot on. Don't know what I was thinking. I was sure Timahoe beat Camross in the semi final :-[

Heshs Umpire

Clonaslee beat us (Courtwood) 1-15 to 1-6 last night. They will now play The Rock in the quarter final with the winners playing Timahoe in the semi.
Courtwood or Kilcavan will play Portlaoise in the other quarter final. Kilcavan need to beat Clonaslee by 19 points to deny Courtwood the quarter final spot. Winners of that play Annanough in the semi.
Clonaslee were good last night. Strong, fit and kicked some great scores. They got a soft oul goal which knocked the stuffing out of us a bit. I'd imagine they'll beat The Rock and give Timahoe a right good game.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Uisce

Is it correct in saying that the group winners now have a 6 week break before a semi final? :-\

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Uisce on August 25, 2015, 02:01:48 PM
Is it correct in saying that the group winners now have a 6 week break before a semi final? :-\
5 weeks in Group A, 6 weeks in Group B.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

redsetanta

That's a very long wait at this time of the year. Why is it so long?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Quote from: redsetanta on August 26, 2015, 11:33:46 AM

Because its Laois
LAOIS ABÚ

Uisce

Quote from: Unlaoised on August 26, 2015, 03:20:37 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on August 26, 2015, 11:33:46 AM

Because its Laois

That explains it!!  ;) Absolute madness, really not fair on those teams. They will have to go looking for challenge games now to keep momentum up! Not sure what is the justification in that at all!

Dave like the tv channel

SCFC

Timahoe v Clonaslee and Annanough v Courtwood in semis.
Courtwood quite good in quarter final v Portlaoise last night. Let in two goals in the first three minutes and recovered to win 2-13 to 2-9.
Clonaslee beat The Rock handy the night before. The Rock are gone back a lot in the last few years.

From the Terrace

two interesting semi-finals thinking the winner of the Timahoe/Clonaslee game should win it. Clonaslee could be without darren hogan according to reports would be a big loss for them. Courtwood forward play was impressive against portlaoise Luke Doyle very good for them, Look dodgy at the back but very capable of beating annanough.

SCFC

Clonaslee and Annanough into the final.
Saw second half of Annanough game. They were 9-4 up at that stage but Courtwood played most of the football in the second half and were maybe a bit unfortunate not to get a draw. Still it's the scoreboard that counts and Annanough will never have a better chance.
Clonaslee deserved their win just about. Darren Rooney came off with a hamstring after only 10 minutes. Got a penalty around 15 mins from time, added a couple of points and held on comfortably. Quigley sent off near the end for Timahoe. Yellow followed by black I think. Most of Timahoe's scores were frees by Ruairi O'Connor.