Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalobull

Cheddar, Mathew and Jim Fitz all back! Hopefully we drive on for Sunday now and out all this is the past!

SCFC

Billy Sheehan leaving Emo for St Jude's in Dublin.

Teo Lurley

He's given everything he could to the Laois cause for over a decade, sometimes what he could do wasn't the best be we can't fault him for effort. He hasn't announced it but surely he wont be back for Laois either way. Best of luck to Billy in Dublin, I'm sure he'll have a great time up there. :D

Timmy

But he's also treated the emo club disgracefully

Helix

When was the last time he played with Emo? Seemed to be absent for quite a while if I'm not mistaken.

It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Timmy

Exactly...yet he was always available for laois. He was only eligible to play for laois because his club was emo. A club he refused to play for. Basically used them to play inter county football. In my opinion he should not have been considered for laois while refusing to play for his club.

BallyroanAbu

Not Sheehan's greatest fan.  He got the max out of himself and his career and in fairness lived for playing ball.  Never really was comfortable with him playing for Laois and at best he was only slightly ahead of plenty of players in the county.  I would think a blowin would have to be considerably better to be selected.  Saying that he gave everything for Laois nothing more uncomfortable though than a Kerry man in a Laois Jersey asking you to have pride in your county:)

The Monument Road

Never was a Billy fan but he travelled when a lot of natives wouldn't. He used EMO to become eligible to play for LaoIs but he isn't the only player(s) who have abused the very lapse Leinster CLG/Laois transfer system. One of our "top" senior clubs consist of players who received some very debatable transfers on an annual basis so we cannot complain too much about Billy. 

Don Draper

Quote from: Timmy on June 27, 2015, 05:30:04 PM
They were happy enough to welcome him with open arms and offer him an address. They can't be too sore. Billy gave more to the Laois shirt than a lot of heralded stars born and bred in the place. Best of luck to him. His wife is a beoir too.

OTF

Quote from: Don Draper on June 29, 2015, 01:43:14 PM
Quote from: Timmy on June 27, 2015, 05:30:04 PM
They were happy enough to welcome him with open arms and offer him an address. They can't be too sore. Billy gave more to the Laois shirt than a lot of heralded stars born and bred in the place. Best of luck to him. His wife is a beoir too.

Exactly best of luck Billy.

The Melancholy Sloth

Bit of strange transfer news, but Ballypickas (between Ballyroan and Ballinakill if you've never heard of them) have drafted in two hurlers from Wexford. I believe one of them has represented Wexford Intermediates at some level. Don't know the connection but seems like a good bit of business for an intermediate club.

SCFC

Barry Brennan back with Graigue from Wexford.

Helix

Hi all!

Anybody hear of new faces around the county football and hurling? I heard that young Duggan chap transferred back to Camross from Portlaoise. Normally a few strange ones in Laois most years.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

SCFC

Harps have lost former county hurler Sean Burke to Naomh Olaf in Dublin.

The Monument Road

Billy O Loughlin transfered from Kileen to St Lomans and i hear they are hunting  in for replacements...as is normal down there