Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

The 2 Kingstons, the 2 O'Shea lads, the 2 O'Rourkes from Graigue, now these 2 Spink lads.
If they do ever manage to win the senior, it'll be fairly hollow.

Gmac

The kingstons are related to a lot of people in the club so I think that accounts for them
If you think people are going around looking for players to poach you are a bit niave what are they
Offering ? Money? Get real look at the pitch and facilities if they had any money it would be going there, I think players are looking to leave clubs which in those  players opinion are not good enough for them and Arles/Killeen is a club which will not have a problem taking them.

Laois fan

Think the naive one here may be you if you believe all these transfers don't seem a bit suspicious

Gmac

Next time I see abramovich in farrells il ask him how much all this is costing

Unlaoised

Quote from: Gmac on March 26, 2015, 11:53:58 PM
Next time I see abramovich in farrells il ask him how much all this is costing

;D ;D ;D ;D

Good answer
LAOIS ABÚ

maccer

to go off on a slight tangent this situation is just an example of the poor direction many clubs have been taking. the pursuit of short term success seems to be the only thing on their minds.  i know killeen might be the most obvious offender but what about the thousands of euro small clubs hand out to outside managers / strenght and conditioning coaches every year. club 'development' lottos are being used to pay these fees. think what that money could do to help with young  player development. maybe clubs would'nt have to look elsewhere for players then.

Give and Go

Transfers go on in many counties with some clubs serial offenders.
the Billy Sheehan case is an interesting one.
Clubs are rightly criticised if they 'poach' players or play players who have no affiliation to them but in Sheehan's case is the County Board complicit in playing an illegal players.
If Sheehan is not a native of Laois, isn't playing for a club in Laois and possibly not even living in Laois surely that is driving a horse and carriage through the rules of eligibility!

Clubs on the borders of counties are the worst offenders with transfers. I mean some of the transfers are blatantly illegal yet they get away with it.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: Gmac on March 26, 2015, 08:07:52 PM
The kingstons are related to a lot of people in the club so I think that accounts for them

Being related to people accounts for nothing....
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

portlaoisekid

I find it hard to see how lads leaving clubs within a small county like Laois to join another club can be justified.

My own club had a hurler who joined from a nearby club a few years back and tbh it was a disgrace it ever happened and my friends from that other club on a sporting level will never forgive him for leaving for Portlaoise.

Every club gets the odd outsider joining them but in the majority of cases its a matter of work or living arrangements not being poached.  How these clubs can afford these transfers is beyond me. Is it just a Laois thing that lads are willing to move between clubs ? We all have examples of lads willing to move , I could name 3 inter county players from last 3 seasons that looked for transfers to Portlaoise but were turned down and my mates at other clubs can tell similar stories.

Helix

I find it hard to see how lads leaving clubs within a small county like Laois to join another club can be justified.

My own club had a hurler who joined from a nearby club a few years back and tbh it was a disgrace it ever happened and my friends from that other club on a sporting level will never forgive him for leaving for Portlaoise.

That man in question is back with his previous club. Welcomed back hopefully it'll all work out!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Helix

Quote from: Helix on March 29, 2015, 06:37:53 PM

That man in question is back with his previous club. Welcomed back hopefully it'll all work out! New to this forum so apologies with the typo!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Thewildcat

Quote from: Give and Go on March 27, 2015, 12:50:12 PM
Transfers go on in many counties with some clubs serial offenders.
the Billy Sheehan case is an interesting one.
Clubs are rightly criticised if they 'poach' players or play players who have no affiliation to them but in Sheehan's case is the County Board complicit in playing an illegal players.
If Sheehan is not a native of Laois, isn't playing for a club in Laois and possibly not even living in Laois surely that is driving a horse and carriage through the rules of eligibility!

Clubs on the borders of counties are the worst offenders with transfers. I mean some of the transfers are blatantly illegal yet they get away with it.

agree with this, but you would wonder how the jasus does he get picked for the county panel, its not as if he is a stand out player in the laois senior championship its no wonder they are on the jaws of division 3.

Heshs Umpire

Darren Rooney has gone back home to Clonaslee from Parnells.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

SCFC

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on May 15, 2015, 08:51:32 AM
Darren Rooney has gone back home to Clonaslee from Parnells.

He must be 35 or 36 now.

Helix

Any high profile players gone to America or J1s from Laois?