Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Used to be a thread for this on Laoistalk.

Anyway, to kick it off, I see Killeen are at it again and have signed two of last year's Spink intermediate team.

Heshs Umpire

John Dunphy, the former Laois minor and under 21 goalie is one of the lads Arles Killeen have signed. Competition for Mick Leigh who must be around 36 now?
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

redsetanta

How are they able to manage that?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Heshs Umpire

Don't know. It doesn't endear them to people though.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Thewildcat

Quote from: redsetanta on March 23, 2015, 10:26:10 AM

they are the Man City of laois club football. ;D

redsetanta

Fair enough but how much of a 'club man' is a fella who leaves his own club to join Killeen.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

portlaoisekid

Begs the question of why they join Killeen? I wonder ...................

Thewildcat

Quote from: redsetanta on March 23, 2015, 11:31:46 AM
Fair enough but how much of a 'club man' is a fella who leaves his own club to join Killeen.
[/quote

his not the first one to do it down that part of the woods is he.

portlaoisekid

Is it true Billy Sheehan is not playing club football for anyone this year? I think we were all under the impression he was joining KIlcruise but that seems wrong now.

redsetanta

He was interested in joining them as he is very friendly with alot ofthe lads, particularly the county players. Things were not going so well with Emo at the time. Doesn't look like it will be happening though for whatever reason. Mad to think he is playing with the county and no club football.

Unlaoised

What other Spink player joined Kileen?I was sure I heard they joined Kilcruise?

Seems very strange and how is it allowed?

Can anyone transfer nowadays?

Did some Kildare club player join Kilcruise as well??

LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Re The Kildare club player. His father is from Arles and played with them before moving up to Moone or someplace close to that.

Unlaoised

Interesting....

Dunphy is a decent keeper and excellent at 45s
LAOIS ABÚ

Thewildcat

Quote from: portlaoisekid on March 23, 2015, 07:09:10 PM
Is it true Billy Sheehan is not playing club football for anyone this year? I think we were all under the impression he was joining KIlcruise but that seems wrong now.

Don't think billy ever played for Emo, maybe he is looking to back and play with the star back in tralee :D

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: redsetanta on March 23, 2015, 10:26:10 AM

I heard that when Derek Hayden played with them he was "given" a house in Killeen to live in and provide an address which seemingly made him eligible.
The house belongs to a prominent Killeen clubman and it seems that house could be the key to all this stuff...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!