Senior Football Championship 2015

Started by redsetanta, March 06, 2015, 09:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heshs Umpire

Nice guy Mal. Hope he's not too nice to be the boss!
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Unlaoised

Mal is a nice guy I hear he has brought Tommy Mulligan in with him...

LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Just over 3 weeks for this to start.
Last round of league games this weekend. Portlaoise could struggle to make semi final spot but probably won't be too worried.They have Stradbally in the league this weekend but I would say both teams have an eye on the first round of the championship.
Good league fro both Port and The Heath so there should be confidence going into the first round games.

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

League will have very little bearing on the championship...Looking at Portlaoise Squad and what is to come back...Hard to see them been beaten !
LAOIS ABÚ

Spillane

Anyone know if Cahillane is only concentrating on soccer this year? He's after signing for Wexford Youths in the League of Ireland so will he be available for championship? A huge loss to the Town if he is, electric pace and a good eye for the posts.

Uisce

I'm sure Cahillane will be playing senior championship for Portlaoise, I would be shocked if he didn't. I think the gap between Portlaoise and the rest of the senior teams may be narrowing but I cannot see them being troubled this year. Their teams in league games look to have been a good bit weaker than a potential championship team but they still performed well. They will hope to have a good few of the big guns back for the Strad game.

O'Dempseys, Port and Killeen are probably the most likely to trouble them but every dog has it's day so you never know! Let's just hope we get a competitive championship with some entertaining games!

Unlaoised

Quote from: Uisce on July 14, 2015, 02:28:44 PM
I'm sure Cahillane will be playing senior championship for Portlaoise, I would be shocked if he didn't. I think the gap between Portlaoise and the rest of the senior teams may be narrowing but I cannot see them being troubled this year. Their teams in league games look to have been a good bit weaker than a potential championship team but they still performed well. They will hope to have a good few of the big guns back for the Strad game.

O'Dempseys, Port and Killeen are probably the most likely to trouble them but every dog has it's day so you never know! Let's just hope we get a competitive championship with some entertaining games!

Good post Yeah I hope for a few good games this year county players seem to be setting the last few league games alight so it bodes well this year...I hope we can get management in place to look at players who might just make a difference next year!
LAOIS ABÚ

Catch and Kick

It could be a good Championship - there are a number of clubs who have stepped up in the last year. O Dempseys on their day will take a bit of beating. Killeen will also be a threat to Portlaoise and the Heath are going to trouble teams too.
The big disappointment are Graiguecullen who seem to be going backwards fast. They can never sustain an effort whatever it is with them. Not going well at all. A pity.

The Monument Road

Graigue made a huge mistake letting Joe Higgins move to Kileen..what were they thinking. I now hear their present manager is gone although it may only be a rumour... Kileshin also let their manager go last week..... 

Cruella De Vil

Quote from: The Monument Road on July 18, 2015, 09:21:01 AM
Graigue made a huge mistake letting Joe Higgins move to Kileen..what were they thinking. I now hear their present manager is gone although it may only be a rumour... Kileshin also let their manager go last week.....

I don't think it's fair to say it was graigues mistake, Killeen probably looking that €€bit€€ more appealing as a football challenge to him.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Cruella De Vil on July 18, 2015, 02:51:55 PM

I don't think it's fair to say it was graigues mistake, Killeen probably looking that €€bit€€ more appealing as a football challenge to him.
I like the way you put that De vil....the dollars will overcome any challange and may he get as much as he can..and as long as he is happy to be associated with an ailing squad that will disintegrate overnight IMO

Gmac

Quote from: The Monument Road on July 18, 2015, 03:34:17 PM

I like the way you put that De vil....the dollars will overcome any challange and may he get as much as he can..and as long as he is happy to be associated with an ailing squad that will disintegrate overnight IMO
Why would he not want to manage the top challenger to portlaoise best move for him on what will be a long career in managing . Joseph's will be back lads don't be so bitter ye had it good for 30 years can we not have some success .

The Monument Road

Quote from: Gmac on July 18, 2015, 03:57:04 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on July 18, 2015, 03:34:17 PM

Why would he not want to manage the top challenger to portlaoise best move for him on what will be a long career in managing . Joseph's will be back lads don't be so bitter ye had it good for 30 years can we not have some success .
Why would anyone be bitter when their's nothing to be bitter about. The only issue on most peoples mind is the way business is done on the playing field and that opinion is reasonably widespread within the county. Most clubs have cycles of supremicy and everyone will get their chance to challange Portlaoise at some stage.Arles were in the same boat as kileen just a couple of years ago and their time passed as will Kileens.i noticed you used the word "Ye" Gmac in your asumption but your asumption is way out.

The Monument Road

Senior football Kicks off this weekend. Here are my humble predictions

Mountmellick v Portarlington Cant see MM troubling Port. by 6
Emo v The Heath. Local derby. The Heath got beat by a limited kileen team last thursday so ill go with Emo. by 4
Ballylinan v  Killeen. Kileen are on a roll this past few years so its hard to look beyind them although if you believe the rumours 8) they have a few injuries to contend with and they are limited beyond the first 15. Ballylinan are very young and inexperienced Kileen by 10
Ballyfin v St Josephs. This will be close. Josephs are poor and have very few quality players. They may get over Ballyfin but it will be close. A draw is on the cards here. Draw
Crettyard v Ballyroan Abbey. Another hard one to call Both are even enough player wise so another draw here. Draw
Killeshin v O'Dempsey's. ODs are strong and should have enough. Kileshin lost a manager recently and rumors have it they have small number at training. ODS by 7
Portlaoise v Stradbally.Only one winner here. Portlaoise by 12
Arles v Graiguecullen. Another close one here. Graigue have lost a few players this year so ill go with Arles who are hugley committed and have some experienced quality players and a super manager in Glen Ryan. Arles by 4