Newspaper Items

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, February 26, 2015, 01:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

This is ridiculous...

Jim Gavin explains why Dublin received €1.34 million in funding
http://www.newstalk.com/Jim-Gavin-explains-why-Dublin-received-134-million-in-funding

finbar o tool

"This figure roughly exceeds the collective amount received by the 31 other competing counties."

A scandal. Every other county should be protesting but they probably wont. Some farce.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Giovanni

I really wish everyone would stop talking about playing Dublin before they play Wicklow. They're really lining themselves up for a nasty fall....

Tony

Quote from: Giovanni on February 17, 2016, 09:44:32 PM
I really wish everyone would stop talking about playing Dublin before they play Wicklow. They're really lining themselves up for a nasty fall....

1 : "It would have been a big event, the All-Ireland champions coming down to wherever it is, Wicklow or Laois. It's huge and should be huge."

2 : "But two teams now have to travel for no reason and we're supposed to have a home game — or Wicklow are supposed to have a home game."

Woops - I'd take that back if I was you, Giovanni. Looks like Begley was very respectful - you were just too lazy to read the article.

Giovanni

Another one of your typically asinine comments....

Until Wicklow lads are quoted in the same article saying the same things, I remain of the strong view that it's better to keep the mouth shut.

The same approach might serve you well on occasion

Tony

Colm Begley was asked what did he make of the decision to play Dublin in KK if Laois beat Wicklow. He gave an answer to the effect of "If Wicklow win or if Laois win, it would have been nice to play in their prospective back yards."

You're clearly wrong. He has the right to answer that question (why should he not) and he did so very respectfully.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Faugheen

Was that article in the Ulster Gazette written by a schoolboy ???.