Schools Hurling

Started by redsetanta, February 24, 2015, 06:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGreatGame

That's a very impressive result!

redsetanta

Mountrath playing St Kierans today at 12.30pm in Johnstown in semi final of Juv H 'A'.

Best of luck to them against the kingpins of Leinster Schools hurling.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

Final Score
Mountrath CS 2-11 3-15 St Kierans.

No report on the game but a seven point loss to that opposition is no shame. Well done Mountrath, great work being done over there.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

Laois schools are playing Dublin North on Saturday at 3pm at the DCU sportsground for any O'Moores living in Dublin who want to go and support them.

SpeculativeEffort

redsetanta

They're playing tomorrow!

SpeculativeEffort

Ha! Somehow I thought it was on Thursday!

Who would be involved with this team?

grover

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on January 15, 2016, 02:33:56 PM
Ha! Somehow I thought it was on Thursday!

Who would be involved with this team?
Any Minors not in Mountrath School, as they are in the same competition.
L

redsetanta

Mountrath CS play Castleomer next Saturday 23rd in the preliminary round of the SH 'A'.

redsetanta

Laois Schools 2-10 2-15 Dublin North

blueandwhite1

What constitutes Laois Schools?

merman

All the minors minus anyone who is in school in Mountrath CS.

grover

Laois Schools  v Dublin North.
P McDonald, J Geaney. P Critchley, N Gleeson, A Bergin, L Cleere, J Walshe, P OToole, E Killeen,P McCain, L Davis,C McEvoy.
A few others I don't know,basically drawn from St Fergals,Heywood and Portlaoise CBS.t

merman

Great win for Mountrath CS over Castlecomer today.
I wasn't at the match but I think the final score was 4.15-2.20.

They're competing in the Leinster A competition and have a serious team! Some brilliant hurlers from this year's Borris/Kilcotton minor team and a couple of prodigious U16s from Castletown/Camross.

Great work being done over there.

redsetanta

They had a fairly good junior team last year a few of which may have moved on to the senior team. Great stuff combined with the groundwork being done in the setanta program. How things have changed considering St Fergals were the kingpins of schools hurling in Laois for so long.