Schools Hurling

Started by redsetanta, February 24, 2015, 06:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

Mountrath CS are playing Gorey CS in the Senior Hurlin B 'Rest of Leinster' final on Friday @ 12.30pm in Dr Cullen Park in Carlow.
Best of luck to all involved.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

Mountrath CS won the 'Rest of Leinster' B hurling on Friday. They now play the Dublin champions.

redsetanta

The Leinster SH B final is on in Newbridge at 1pm tomorrow. Best of luck to Mountrath CS. 

redsetanta

Congratulations to Mountrath CS who won the SH B final today by 3 points. They were made sweat for it though as they were 10 points up with 15 minutes to go. Another great result for Laois hurling and best of luck to them in the All Ireland series!

TheGreatGame

Well done to Mountrath, that's 3 Leinster Colleges B titles in a row for Laois schools which I think does reflect the huge improvement in underage set ups in the county.  We don't have any one school that draws from enough clubs or has enough students to compete in A colleges in my opinion, but we now have three schools amongst the best at B level.  Hopefully Mountrath go all the way now.

redsetanta

It's a great statistic in fairness. That's 3 different panels of players of 25 or so that have won a Leinster. I know the schools amalgamation hasn't really provided any success at A level but you would have 3 or 4 players from each school who could probably hurl at the 'A' standard.
Hopefully we see a good year from the minor hurlers to continue this progress and a decent showing from our U21's over the next couple of years.

Tobias

Congrats to Mountrath CS on making it to the all Ireland final. Best of luck to all involved. Is see Aaron Dunphy is only a sub..I presume he is injured??

on the hop

injured for a lot of the matches

redsetanta

Fantastic result and a huge winning margin. All Ireland final Easter weekend in Thurles. They're up against the Cross and Passion college from Antrim who beat Tulla in the other semi final. Great occasion for these lads and one they will relish. It's also great that they will be bringing that winning mentality to the county set up.

redsetanta

Best of luck to Mountrath CS today. The school is represented by a great spread of clubs so it really is a county effort. Hopefully they can repeat the exploits of Fergals a coyple of years back and bring an AI title to Laois.
Great achievement all the same.

SCFC

Good to Mountrath today.
Game is live on TG4 for anyone not in Semple by now.

Thewildcat

they were in hard luck i think losing last years final stood to the Antrimmen today some great hurling in todays game.

redsetanta

Mountrath CS won the leinster Juv H 'A' quarter final against St Peters of Wexford by 3-16 to 2-08 today. That's a serious result against one of the traditional schools.

Very encouraging when you see this on the back of the seniors success. Really doing well at the moment.