Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leftmidfield

ardtole

Much as id love to agree with you, only a truly mad b**tard would schedule anything in Ireland directly against them playing in a Champions League final.
[/quote]

I doubt it is going to be brought forward at this stage.

Nanderson

Trying to purchase tickets for the game on saturday. Anyone know the name of the long terraced area opposite the seated stand? Is it the town terrace or south stand?

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Nanderson on May 20, 2018, 05:27:37 PM
Trying to purchase tickets for the game on saturday. Anyone know the name of the long terraced area opposite the seated stand? Is it the town terrace or south stand?

South Stand would be the main stand. A terrace ticket will allow you to anywhere on the terraces anyway as they're not separated (a la Clones).

Nanderson

Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 20, 2018, 05:33:10 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on May 20, 2018, 05:27:37 PM

South Stand would be the main stand. A terrace ticket will allow you to anywhere on the terraces anyway as they're not separated (a la Clones).

Sweet thanks

Ambrose

Ballyholland Harps GAC

Champions League Final 26 May

—-

The club will be showing the Champions League final on ALL screens on 26 May, including the build up.

We will have our usual special offers, including any 3 Coors, Corona, Heineken, Stella or Staropromen for £6, 2x VRB for £6, and a range of 500ml craft beers at £3.

—-

Unfortunately this means we will not be streaming the Down match which is running side-by-side. To avoid confusion and potential for disagreement , it won't be shown at all.

This is by order of the committee.

——

Oh and ¡Hala Madrid!
You can't live off history and tradition forever

thewobbler

Watch while a stream of other clubs now follow suit Ambrose.

downjim

Two miles down the road Down play in the USFC snd Ballyholland post that.  I thought it was a piss take but apparently not.
What a joke of a club, and Wobbler you can't defend this. Would it happen it Joe Murphy was still on panel

thewobbler

Quote from: downjim on May 21, 2018, 08:39:23 PM
Two miles down the road Down play in the USFC snd Ballyholland post that.  I thought it was a piss take but apparently not.
What a joke of a club, and Wobbler you can't defend this. Would it happen it Joe Murphy was still on panel

Keep on fishing. You will catch me eventually.

SHEEDY

have to agree with downjim on this one.
nil satis nisi optimum

Smurfy123

Whilst I don't agree with a lot of what clownjim says on here and I think you are a top class poster wobbler I have to agree with him here. Also thought it was some kind of piss take. Suppose every club is entitled to post and watch what they want.

Targetman

I initially thought there would be approx 10k at the game on Saturday, I reckon 7k would be a more realistic attendance, I can't see too many frankies making the journey into the sticks!!

thewobbler

Perhaps you're right folks.

But bear this in mind. Our club bar will be open Saturday evening as it always is. We are in something of a broadband blackspot, and are genuinely unable to guarantee the smooth streaming of an iPlayer feed for 70 minutes.

Whereas we can guarantee RTE for the champions league final will work.

So tell me something. In this situation is is better that our members who really want to watch Down play but don't want to watch it at home, nor watch it in real life 1 mile away, are at least advised in advance that the club isn't really an option either? Or do we wait until the stream drops after 10 minutes to let them know?

Sometimes things aren't as simple as the click bait generation want to believe.

SHEEDY

or maybe its a case of we don't have anybody on the Down panel and we feel we should have, so feck them. we wont have anything to do with them, wont even watch it and maybe we wont be overly disappointed if they lose. all adds to the ballyholland siege mentality, us against the rest.
nil satis nisi optimum