American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Horrible game to watch.

Got to hand it to the Pats, 6 wins with the same QB and coach in this era is absolutely phenomenal, with the draft system in place they have a pretty good shout for best professional team of any sport at any time.

And that's coming from an "anyone but the pats" guy.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

sid waddell

As an spectacle, that was utter shit.

American football needs a load of new rules to make it watchable.

I suggest the quarterback be forced to kick pass the ball.

David McKeown

I have to say I really enjoyed it. I thought it was great to see two good defences go at and in a pass happy league it was refreshing to see an old school Smash mouth low scoring game. That said I thought Pats v Chiefs in the regular season was the best game I ever watched (didn't see Rams v Chiefs) so I probably would have enjoyed it no matter what.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

thewobbler

A proper anticlimax.1 red zone in one hour. Absolute credit to the Pats who seem happy to play against whatever strategy they meet. But if that form of game was a regular occurrence none of us would watch.

screenexile

LooseCannon

Quote from: Puckoon on February 04, 2019, 01:43:11 AM
Quote from: LooseCannon on February 01, 2019, 04:20:03 PM
I'll be the first to admit that I know feck all about NFL, but I reckon that the Rams will win 32-28.

Can I be the first to agree?  :D

I was closest to the score last year!😉

I fell asleep anyway at the start of the third quarter. Oh well.

Taylor

A game for the purist not for the casual observer.

Bill got it right yet again.

Goff didnt seem 100% with regards to how sharp his throws were. He should certainly have had a TD.

Brady & Bill should ride of into the sunset on a high.

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on February 04, 2019, 08:08:52 AM
PEDelman!!

Apt that a cheater gets MVP. Again though that selection underlines how little most people who get to make these decisions know about the game. Surely a defensive player deserved MVP in this game?

And Goff is not a good quarterback. The scheme has made him look good. When Belichick/Flores short circuited the scheme you saw he's very ordinary.

The Gurley things makes no sense. When he did get some run he looked himself....broke Chungs arm with a violent run.

Main Street

That was my 5th superbowl  I watched it on BBC all the way to the end - advert free.  I thought it was a superb sporting spectacle, a nail-biter.

That half time show is an absolute pile of manure. Where do they find those idiots who are all primed up to dance as if tarantula possessed?   It's so corny it makes that Mirinda ad look classy and authentic.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 04, 2019, 09:48:30 AM
The Gurley things makes no sense. When he did get some run he looked himself....broke Chungs arm with a violent run.
Yes, he was rampant and borderline unstoppable for most of the season.

A bad night for millennials with McVay and Goff being owned by their elder equivalents!

Wildweasel74

Been watching since 85.  That by far been the worse superbowl i seen. Horrible stuff. Exceeds the Bronco wash out if a few yrs bck.

Maiden1

PEDelman!!

Apt that a cheater gets MVP. Again though that selection underlines how little most people who get to make these decisions know about the game. Surely a defensive player deserved MVP in this game?

And Goff is not a good quarterback. The scheme has made him look good. When Belichick/Flores short circuited the scheme you saw he's very ordinary.

Edelman was very good though, 10 catches for 141 yards.  If any gaa forward wants to work on losing a marker they should watch the way he runs a route.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maiden1 on February 04, 2019, 12:39:22 PM
PEDelman!!

Edelman was very good though, 10 catches for 141 yards.  If any gaa forward wants to work on losing a marker they should watch the way he runs a route.

I wouldn't be putting him up as a role model for anyone.

Maiden1

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 04, 2019, 12:49:17 PM
Quote from: Maiden1 on February 04, 2019, 12:39:22 PM
PEDelman!!

I wouldn't be putting him up as a role model for anyone.

Old white man runs fast, how many wouldn't be on PED?  4 game suspension isn't really much of a deterrent.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Keyser soze

That was extremely boring, I imagine there will be a rash of changes to the playing rules for next season.