The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Syferus on September 29, 2017, 09:36:32 PM
Thirsty WUM account. Even getting past the nonsense that is the absentee owner of this forum allowing accounts like the above to stay, it is mind boggling that someone would dedicate that much energy and time to playing a created character on a message board.

Lol Pot kettle etc etc
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Syferus

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 29, 2017, 09:51:01 PM
Thirsty WUM account. Even getting past the nonsense that is the absentee owner of this forum allowing accounts like the above to stay, it is mind boggling that someone would dedicate that much energy and time to playing a created character on a message board.

Lol Pot kettle etc etc

?

foxcommander

Have you nothing to say about Regina? That's a news article I've posted showing some politicians still haven't learned from the past.

If it winds you up then that's a bonus :)
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

armaghniac

I see FG is starting a branch in QUB.
Quite right too, that they don't bother with UU, not the right sort there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

dec

LooseCannon

Went with the wrong party in the wrong constituency.

dec

I would imagine the chances of Fine Gael winning 2 seats is pretty slim.

yellowcard

The SDLP were supposed to be the sister party of the Labour Party, instead they formed an Alliance with FF and now their former leader is standing for FG. It's hard to know what they stand for.

NetNitrate

Austin Currie too joined Fine Gael. The Garrett Fitzgerald/social democratic wing of Fine Gael was always a natural fit for SDLP. Surprised they went with FF.

Main Street

Is this a Fine Gael thing with their party leaders? Enda Kenny felt compelled to make almost snide comments, preachy -  'we're better that you are, you slob' in a traditional White House  Patrick's day speech  with the US president next to him.
Now I see Varadkar was making comments on the front lawn of VP Pence and his missus, both known conservative outspoken opponents of civil rights for LGBTQ. Was it not enough for Varadkar just to bring his partner to their house and have a private chat inside but had to shout out loud on the lawn to the worlds press, while Pence and missus were within earshot with fixed grins? Could he not have had the respect to hold his tongue and make the comments some other place, rather than on the front lawn of his gracious host?

Next we'll see Varadkar at some function where he's in the presence of Tipperary's finest, Michael Lowry, wearing a tee-shirt emblazoned  with the slogan "Unlike Mike, I'm clean"

trailer

Quote from: Main Street on March 16, 2019, 01:31:49 PM
Is this a Fine Gael thing with their party leaders? Enda Kenny felt compelled to make almost snide comments, preachy -  'we're better that you are, you slob' in a traditional White House  Patrick's day speech  with the US president next to him.
Now I see Varadkar was making comments on the front lawn of VP Pence and his missus, both known conservative outspoken opponents of civil rights for LGBTQ. Was it not enough for Varadkar just to bring his partner to their house and have a private chat inside but had to shout out loud on the lawn to the worlds press, while Pence and missus were within earshot with fixed grins? Could he not have had the respect to hold his tongue and make the comments some other place, rather than on the front lawn of his gracious host?

Next we'll see Varadkar at some function where he's in the presence of Tipperary's finest, Michael Lowry, wearing a tee-shirt emblazoned  with the slogan "Unlike Mike, I'm clean"

Yeah, Leo the homo should just know his place....   ::)

Wise up for fucks sake.

macdanger2

I thought his comments were fair enough tbh

Main Street

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 17, 2019, 12:47:51 AM

I thought his comments were fair enough tbh
His comments were fair enough, just I'd question the location and the occasion that he chose to make them.

LCohen

You are entitled to your view but I think you called this one completely wrong for at least 2 reasons are very far removed from where the majority of Irish opinion is right now.

There is a whiff of the old angle that any visual or verbal confirmation of gayness is ramming it down your throat

Across the globe we see politicians glamourised by their hosts and kowtowed into not calling out their objectionable views/actions. Good to see someone step away from the usual crap