Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 483781 times)

AZOffaly

• View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #11295 on: January 15, 2018, 01:44:53 PM »
Jesus not only did Williams make a balls of the tackle he also took out his own player, who may have had a chance at catching Diggs

One of my pet peeves in the NFL is the coaching of the tackle. He took a bad line there, which was his first problem. That was compounded by his need to transform into a human torpedo, and wanting to lay the big hit, instead of tackling. Even with the bad line, if his arms were out to make a wrap up tackle, he'd have probably ended up bringing him down. Instead he wanted the big hit, to dislodge the ball. Crazy ill-disciplined stuff.

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #11296 on: January 15, 2018, 01:50:47 PM »
I still think the Patriots defence is poor. The Jags must stick to the run game and short passes. That's the error everyone makes against the Pats and mostly it's to do with gameflow. I'm hoping the Jags defence can stop the Patriots from building a big lead. Gronk is the one major problem for everyone the Patriots face. It's impossible to contain him I think. They'll have to get to Brady early and often and it's possible they might.

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #11297 on: January 15, 2018, 02:11:11 PM »
I still think the Patriots defence is poor. The Jags must stick to the run game and short passes. That's the error everyone makes against the Pats and mostly it's to do with gameflow. I'm hoping the Jags defence can stop the Patriots from building a big lead. Gronk is the one major problem for everyone the Patriots face. It's impossible to contain him I think. They'll have to get to Brady early and often and it's possible they might.

I think that's the key.

Just on the Patriots' D, I just think people are coloured by their early season issues. In the last several weeks, they've been a lot better, while the offense has been sluggish.

Overall, they're conceding 18.5 points per game, which is 5th best in the league, but their first 8 weeks they conceded 22.5 per game, and the last 8 it was 14.625. I think they're getting better.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #11298 on: January 15, 2018, 02:39:21 PM »
The Patriots going up against a Tom Coughlin team in the playoffs? We've seen this story before  ;)

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #11299 on: January 15, 2018, 02:55:02 PM »
The Patriots going up against a Tom Coughlin team in the playoffs? We've seen this story before  ;)

Hopefully the same result
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #11300 on: January 15, 2018, 02:57:35 PM »

I really hope the Vikings win the Superbowl. I'd love to see Jacksonville do it if they don't. Calais Campbell is a great lad.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11301 on: January 15, 2018, 03:04:40 PM »

I really hope the Vikings win the Superbowl. I'd love to see Jacksonville do it if they don't. Calais Campbell is a great lad.

I really enjoyed that Vikings performance last night and I hope they can go on and do it after the heartbreak they've suffered over the years with field goals etc.

TabClear

• View Profile
« Reply #11302 on: Today at 02:47:23 PM »
Mindgames from the patriots or potentially a gamchanger for Sunday? Starting to think the Jags at +7.5 points could be worth a few quid.

http://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/story/_/id/22146062/brian-hoyer-preparing-ready-tom-brady-not-ready-sunday-afc-championship-game