Best & Worst sports commentators

Started by Clown, November 17, 2009, 11:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskeysteve

Quote from: lfdown2 on November 17, 2009, 12:39:47 PM
Thon armagh lad on 5FM (the tiger-damian something) is terrible

another awful one the irish lad on ESPN in the states that comentates on the soccer.....'onion bag'

was in the states during the world cup in 06', he was good craic for a while but it started to wear thin after a bit. Genuinely entertaining though, listening to the musings of Eric Wynalda, Marcelo Balboa and Julie Foudy - ''Great hook slide by the dee-fence''
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ludermor

Quote from: Onlooker on November 17, 2009, 12:32:18 PM
Michael Corcoran, RTE Radio Rugby commentator is fairly hard to listen to as well.
I dont mind listening to him at all!

The Real Laoislad

Can't stand Darragh Moloney to be honest also the Setanta commentators are awful. I like Martin Tyler and John Motson
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ballinaman

Latin American commentators........Any chance of Marty Morrissey doing a GGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL next year??

Hoof Hearted

Surprised no-one has mentioned Mark Robson yet. He spoils Sky Sports coverage of the Heinken Cup. An absolute twat. during a Leinster match, Will Greenwood, his co-commentator, was on about a Leinster player using soccer skills. He said "I dont know any Irish footballers Mark" - David Healy was his Robsons response ! Greenwood said "i take your word for it MArk, i never heard of him :D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Stagmeister

Quote from: whiskeysteve on November 17, 2009, 12:50:19 PM
Quote from: lfdown2 on November 17, 2009, 12:39:47 PM
Thon armagh lad on 5FM (the tiger-damian something) is terrible

another awful one the irish lad on ESPN in the states that comentates on the soccer.....'onion bag'

was in the states during the world cup in 06', he was good craic for a while but it started to wear thin after a bit. Genuinely entertaining though, listening to the musings of Eric Wynalda, Marcelo Balboa and Julie Foudy - ''Great hook slide by the dee-fence''

Tommy Smith, I think thats his name anyway, had to endure him again for the france game over the weekend, he said Ireland could have done with having Rory Dunlap there for his long throws...

High Wide and Handsome

None of the gaa ones annoy me that much.

Gareth cookes, the black fella on the BBC for the soccer is absolutely horible.
"Swing er over!"

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ballinaman

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on November 17, 2009, 01:32:19 PM
None of the gaa ones annoy me that much.

Gareth cookes, the black fella on the BBC for the soccer is absolutely horible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cugYQ35vtvQ ;D :D

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

TheGreatRambo

Quote from: Clown on November 17, 2009, 11:58:46 AM
Jackie Fullarton and Jimmy Magee are now both in the same boat, so past their prime theyre now embarrassing - time they were gone. Magee and Dave Boy McAuley on the boxing commentary is terrible.

Motsons getting a bit passed it 2

George Hamilton is still a great commentator i think, the voice of irish soccer.

I think George Hamilton is terrible, and he's also a jinx!!!! If by some miracle Ireland happen to be 2-1 up on Wednesday with 30 mins left George would be giving it "We're almost there" cue Henry scoring an outrageous last minute goal.

Oh yeah Andy Gray too, what exactly does "i'm sorry but.............." mean?????

Farrandeelin

Laoislad still likes Alan Green though... Anyway I hate Morrissey, Jesus Christ he does my head in. Agree with whoever said Jimmy Magee is past his sell by date, he still thinks he's the best around imo. Ger Canning is shocking. Jim Carney goes a bit mental at matches when he's doing the highlights, he should be given the chance to do one match next year live so I could make a proper verdcit on him!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AFS

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 17, 2009, 01:10:54 PM
Oh and I like Alan Green aswell ;)

Must have been all his completely impartial commentaries on United games that won you over  :D

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on November 17, 2009, 12:16:16 PM
Worst: Peter Canavan

I only ever heard him commentating on one match, when he was 12.
Testing Accessibility