TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 13, 2022, 09:55:07 AM
Hard to pick a definitive top 3, loved Soprano's but would have Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones ahead of it.

24 would be another that I found unreal.

Dexter would also be on the list but for a few weak seasons.

Black Mirror is obviously a different type of show but it is/was amazing.

Wash your mouth out with soap!

imtommygunn

smort

Lost was incredible, despite what some think of the ending

imtommygunn

It was incredible for a while but got so disappointing in the end.

screenexile

Two that are high up the list there that haven't been talked about much are Atlanta and Bojack Horseman. . . Both brilliant!!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Is Band of Brothers allowed?

If so then it's Band of Brothers, Gomorrah and I can't really separate The Wire or Sopranos for 3rd place. I loved The Shield as well.

nrico2006

Quote from: smort on January 13, 2022, 12:24:00 PM
Lost was incredible, despite what some think of the ending

Agreed.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

imtommygunn

I would have love hate up pretty high. I thought it was fantastic.

gawa316

The Wire, The Sopranos, and Breaking Bad for me...not sure in what order though

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: gawa316 on January 13, 2022, 03:45:28 PM

I would concur. In fairness havent watched some the other biggies.

From memory was Lost series1 not excellent then gradually lost its way as it was obvious it was only ever designed to a be a 1/2 series, to much toing and froing. But i was happy enough with the end (and that it had ended lol)

gawa316

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 13, 2022, 03:48:00 PM

From memory was Lost series1 not excellent then gradually lost its way as it was obvious it was only ever designed to a be a 1/2 series, to much toing and froing. But i was happy enough with the end (and that it had ended lol)

Watched Lost the whole way through...went to the states on holiday when the last episode was on and never got round to actually watching it.

Have to say I also have a soft spot for Prison Break (I know season 3 onwards weren't as good but still loved it) and Vikings.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: gawa316 on January 13, 2022, 04:04:31 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 13, 2022, 03:48:00 PM

Watched Lost the whole way through...went to the states on holiday when the last episode was on and never got round to actually watching it.

Have to say I also have a soft spot for Prison Break (I know season 3 onwards weren't as good but still loved it) and Vikings.

Bit like me and Twin Peaks back in the day. Huge fan but never watched the last episode....

JimStynes

I tend not to like the shows that end up getting silly. I lose interest in the likes of Lost, 24 and Prison Break etc. Some exceptions to the rule of course.