Laois Senior Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Portlaoise very below par - won't be caught  next day, I think.
Was at Emo v Heath in Port.
Emo may find life in intermediate a bit more difficult than the last time they were down 4 or 5 years ago.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Result:

Stradbally:   2-19
Ballylinan:    0-12

SFC Semi Final Draw:

Stradbally v Crettyard Gaels
Portlaoise or St Joseph's v Arles Killeen

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

El Jefe

Emo were very dependent on Strong, too dependent really. Thought The Heath were by far the better team but Emo got their goals at critical times which brought them back into it and they kicked on for a few minutes afterwards but The Heath deserved it. Losing Costello didn't help Emo's cause as their bench didn't look too strong

ClashAsh

Is there a big twist from the Ballyroan game against Arles Killeen from the weekend.

Ballyroan Abbey considering appeal against result of Saturday's loss to Arles/Killeen but Laois GAA say they've not received an appeal yet

https://twitter.com/willocallaghan/status/777894140910731268

Timmy

Quote from: El Jefe on September 19, 2016, 09:31:16 AM
Emo were very dependent on Strong, too dependent really. Thought The Heath were by far the better team but Emo got their goals at critical times which brought them back into it and they kicked on for a few minutes afterwards but The Heath deserved it. Losing Costello didn't help Emo's cause as their bench didn't look too strong

Not sure they were by far the better team, but did edge it alright. Emo got off to a terrible start down 5-1 after ten minutes. Was fairly even after that I thought. Disappointing year for both clubs really. Emo will probably be favourites to bounce straight back up, but as was seen with o'dempseys the other night it can be tricky.

SCFC

LaoisHeart

I think Portlaoise got their annual warning last weekend and cant see them loosing the replay. I was at the u-21 final last year and was very impressed with St.Josephs so if they bring that form again it will be a close encounter.  Stradbally looked best team over the entire weekend.  Interesting games coming up.

High Fielder

Portlaoise are at least a 6 or 7 point better team than Josephs. There is something wrong when they are not able to show that. I actually think Portlaoise have enough strength in depth now to look seriously at Leinster, but they need to be more ruthless. I do wonder about one or two of their starting 15 because to my mind, I saw better in the Intermediates.

The Monument Road

Quote from: High Fielder on September 22, 2016, 11:14:54 AM
Portlaoise are at least a 6 or 7 point better team than Josephs. There is something wrong when they are not able to show that. I actually think Portlaoise have enough strength in depth now to look seriously at Leinster, but they need to be more ruthless. I do wonder about one or two of their starting 15 because to my mind, I saw better in the Intermediates.
agree fully....josephs had at least 8 of that u21 team from last year playing and 7 are still u21 I hear so portlaoise should easily beat them . Kileen depend too much on kingston .....stradbally are my favourites for an upset...

SCFC

Joes v Town replay tonight. Any thoughts? I think Portlaoise will win but might not win the championship.

SCFC

Portlaoise pretty awesome tonight.
1-4 to 0-1 down going into first half injury time having played with a storm. Won the rest of the game
0-11 to 0-1!!

Keyser Söze

Quote from: SCFC on September 23, 2016, 10:05:50 PM
1-4 to 0-1 down going into first half injury time having played with a storm. Won the rest of the game
0-11 to 0-1!!

Just to be clear- Portlaoise had the wind in the first half?
Jesus that's some position Joseph's were in so!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

SCFC

Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 23, 2016, 10:09:40 PM
Quote from: SCFC on September 23, 2016, 10:05:50 PM
0-11 to 0-1!!

Just to be clear- Portlaoise had the wind in the first half?
Jesus that's some position Joseph's were in so!
Correct. They couldn't push on and win it. Too defensive. Didn't go for it.

welcomehome

as a long time supporter of portlaoise u have to admire dem..year after year to show de same hunger..fair play to josephs de came with a plan it nearly worked...its unreal what commitment this team give year after year...