Heaney lambastes Tyrone cheats (sort of)

Started by ONeill, May 15, 2007, 09:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

realredhandfan

O Neill quit raving.  Pat Spillane started the diving.  Laois last year were ridiculous. Martin O Rourke has a bad name for it but one thing that cannot be disputed Marsedn hit young Jordan and diserved to go.

Donagh

Quote from: realredhandfan on May 15, 2007, 11:23:10 AM
O Neill quit raving.  Pat Spillane started the diving.  Laois last year were ridiculous. Martin O Rourke has a bad name for it but one thing that cannot be disputed Marsedn hit young Jordan and diserved to go.

33 counties would dispute that view.

gander

Quote from: realredhandfan on May 15, 2007, 11:23:10 AM

Catch yourself on will ya! Jordan ran at Marsden, bounced off him then lay down and cried like the cheating little shit he is!

Estimator

I agree with Ziggy regarding the title of this thread, the emphasis should be put on this comment:

QuoteThe 'Dying Swan' routine can be witnessed at every level, from underage to senior, from school to club to county. The problem is so widespread that it must be assumed that players of all ages are being encouraged to do it by their mentors.

I'm sure everyone here could pinpoint a few culprits in their own club, that go to ground to easy.  But the fact is, many people don't condemn their own players for diving, the condemnation comes when they feel sinned against.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Feckitt

The 2003 AIF was an absolute joke.  Yes Marsden hit Jordan, but for him to roll around on the ground for 3/4 minutes was a disgrace.  Dooher was at it as well, and of course Cavanagh.  Glad that Tyrone redeemed themselves in 2005, but even gladder that we (armagh) won our all-ireland the proper way. 

My theory on Tyrone diving is that all those players grew up watching pete the cheat, and to them he is a god.  So if it ok for him to do it, then it is ok for the rest of them.  I honestly think that is why Tyrone are the worst county in Ireland for this carry on.

full back

Quote from: Feckitt on May 15, 2007, 12:26:24 PM
The 2003 AIF was an absolute joke.  Yes Marsden hit Jordan, but for him to roll around on the ground for 3/4 minutes was a disgrace.  Dooher was at it as well, and of course Cavanagh.  Glad that Tyrone redeemed themselves in 2005, but even gladder that we (armagh) won our all-ireland the proper way. 

My theory on Tyrone diving is that all those players grew up watching pete the cheat, and to them he is a god.  So if it ok for him to do it, then it is ok for the rest of them.  I honestly think that is why Tyrone are the worst county in Ireland for this carry on.

Oh for the love of God
Run for the shelter..........

Drumanee 1

even as a derry man would have to disagree with you on cavanan,peter took some abuse over the years and he always bounced back up and gave as good as he got

Bensars

But your not bitter , which in itself is a good thing !!! ::)

Quarterback

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on May 15, 2007, 12:37:19 PM

I remember Peter the great going down on one knee against Kieran mc Keever In 95, up again and over the bar....Thought about diving, but said to himself 'id prefer to make an ass of mckeever!!

neutral

Did Armagh posters not see Canavan playing in the early to mid 90s?

Bensars

DUBSFORSAM1

Very simple solution is unless its a head injury is to allow play to continue on and to make the player leave the field until a proper break in play like they do in soccer...or even more severe - if a player goes down then all players have to stay in their immediate positions so teams can't just funnel back into defence...

Fionntamhnach

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on May 15, 2007, 01:28:59 PM
Very simple solution is unless its a head injury is to allow play to continue on and to make the player leave the field until a proper break in play like they do in soccer...or even more severe - if a player goes down then all players have to stay in their immediate positions so teams can't just funnel back into defence...
Another alternative is for the countdown clock to be introduced as is done in ladies football. When a player is being treated for injury the clock is stopped. This however would still not stop teams from going down to disrupt play.

hectorsheroes

Canavan dived against Down in the 2003 Ulster Final, even Tyrone men don't deny this

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.