Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamFever

Quote from: johnneycool on October 05, 2015, 09:28:18 AM
Quote from: EIREANNACH on October 04, 2015, 11:57:58 PM
Quote from: wobbller on October 04, 2015, 08:53:54 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on October 04, 2015, 08:38:20 PM
I heard today the proposed changes to the underage structure for next year have been abandoned and rather than U13, U15, U17 & U19 which they had planned, the ages will not change and will remain as they always have been. Anyone else hear this?
Think they are going to have another vote on it.

hope it does not change. it will not bode well for Down football which is already in a precarious state

Heard that at an underage blitz at the weekend.

Bit late for changing tack now, although the issue highlighted to me, the big gap between P6 and U13 would be easily remedied by moving P6 to P7, P4 to P5 and so on!

I'd have more concerns as we play a lot of underage hurling in Belfast (and if the fixtures don't improve next year, we'll be playing a lot more) we'd be playing the traditional age groups one week and then the new ones the next.

Plus, how do we decide who represents the county at inter provincial club tournaments like Ulster minor, Feile and whatever else?
Ill conceived notion of partaking in a Croke Park initiative.Down have now thought about it and will hopefully retain the status quo.

johnneycool

Quote from: SamFever on October 05, 2015, 10:41:09 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 05, 2015, 09:28:18 AM
Quote from: EIREANNACH on October 04, 2015, 11:57:58 PM
Quote from: wobbller on October 04, 2015, 08:53:54 PM
Quote from: Line Ball on October 04, 2015, 08:38:20 PM
I heard today the proposed changes to the underage structure for next year have been abandoned and rather than U13, U15, U17 & U19 which they had planned, the ages will not change and will remain as they always have been. Anyone else hear this?
Think they are going to have another vote on it.

hope it does not change. it will not bode well for Down football which is already in a precarious state

Heard that at an underage blitz at the weekend.

Bit late for changing tack now, although the issue highlighted to me, the big gap between P6 and U13 would be easily remedied by moving P6 to P7, P4 to P5 and so on!

I'd have more concerns as we play a lot of underage hurling in Belfast (and if the fixtures don't improve next year, we'll be playing a lot more) we'd be playing the traditional age groups one week and then the new ones the next.

Plus, how do we decide who represents the county at inter provincial club tournaments like Ulster minor, Feile and whatever else?
Ill conceived notion of partaking in a Croke Park initiative.Down have now thought about it and will hopefully retain the status quo.

We saw the money and jumped head first. Now in the cold light of day the implications of being a guinea pig are potentially being realised, but I can see us keeping the crux of the initiative staying with some fine tuning.

Cork took up the offer (€€€€) as well, so we should see how they propose to roll it out in that huge county!

NP 76

Cork have already pulled out of it. That shows us what they thought of it

johnneycool

Quote from: NP 76 on October 05, 2015, 02:41:52 PM
Cork have already pulled out of it. That shows us what they thought of it

Didn't know that, did they give any reasons?

NP 76

They had concerns about it and must of changed their mind. I would say that's why it had now surfaced in Down because if Cork have problems so could we.

T O Hare

Just heard Martin McHugh and Mark Copeland have taken over UUJ sigerson team. Has Barney McAleenan stepped down?
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

whitegoodman

So Barney and Mark are taking them but Barney is stepping down :o

Anyone else heard that Tony McEntee and Gareth O Neill might be back on for the senior job?

T O Hare

Quote from: whitegoodman on October 06, 2015, 02:32:43 PM

Anyone else heard that Tony McEntee and Gareth O Neill might be back on for the senior job?

😉
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

whitegoodman

Ahh the magic of the edit button...

EIREANNACH

yeh I read it on here somewhere  ;D
Down Gaa 2015 Championship Predictions League 3rd place 2015

EIREANNACH

Quote from: whitegoodman on October 06, 2015, 02:32:43 PM

McHugh joining current UUJ management team they said and his son Ryan playing for them
Down Gaa 2015 Championship Predictions League 3rd place 2015

redandblackareback

Quote from: T O Hare on October 06, 2015, 02:15:35 PM
Just heard Martin McHugh and Mark Copeland have taken over UUJ sigerson team. Has Barney McAleenan stepped down?

Not according to the newspaper today

Martin McHugh has been added to the Jordanstown management team.

The 1992 All-Ireland winner joins Barney McAleenan, Benny Hurl, Paul Rouse and Barry Dillon at the helm and one of the players who'll be at his disposal for the year is his own son Ryan.

According to the third-level college: "Ulster University GAA club are pleased to announce the addition of Martin McHugh to the senior football management team for the forthcoming season.

"Martin will assist the existing management team of Barney McAleenan, Benny Hurl, Paul Rouse and Barry Dillon as we prepare for the upcoming Ryan Cup, McKenna Cup and Sigerson Cup campaigns.

SamFever

Quote from: redandblackareback on October 07, 2015, 01:39:01 PM
Quote from: T O Hare on October 06, 2015, 02:15:35 PM

Not according to the newspaper today

Martin McHugh has been added to the Jordanstown management team.

The 1992 All-Ireland winner joins Barney McAleenan, Benny Hurl, Paul Rouse and Barry Dillon at the helm and one of the players who'll be at his disposal for the year is his own son Ryan.

According to the third-level college: "Ulster University GAA club are pleased to announce the addition of Martin McHugh to the senior football management team for the forthcoming season.

"Martin will assist the existing management team of Barney McAleenan, Benny Hurl, Paul Rouse and Barry Dillon as we prepare for the upcoming Ryan Cup, McKenna Cup and Sigerson Cup campaigns.

and this is what to do with Down GAA?

SHEEDY

tony mcentee is supposedly set to be the new down manager, anyone else hear this?
nil satis nisi optimum

The Raven

Quote from: SHEEDY on October 07, 2015, 06:21:46 PM
tony mcentee is supposedly set to be the new down manager, anyone else hear this?
We must have found a crock of gold at the end of the rainbow