End Game for Mickey?

Started by Bo Man, September 02, 2015, 01:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up The Middle

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 11, 2015, 11:06:15 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on September 11, 2015, 08:41:19 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 10, 2015, 10:32:37 PM
Quote from: longballin on September 10, 2015, 09:41:19 PM
Not great for players profile either or chance of sponsorship deals. Why not let them speak and if Mickey doesn't want to speak to RTE so be it? I don't buy that players have decided, they know they can't step out of the line. Players speak to RTE after they leave the panel anyway

The players would seem to back their manager, I wouldn't imagine Sean Cavanagh would be too keen on giving RTE the time of day with the way he has been portrayed by some of their people over the years, nor would Tiernan McCann or Justin McMahon. Joe McMahon came out a couple of years back with a reminder to people the merits of why they don't speak.

The panel of players seem to be a very tight bunch and have a lot of respect and gratitude for Harte which is good to see. I'm pretty sure they're happy to be playing football and aren't too worried about dealing with RTE and would actually feel quite resentful towards them for how they have been depicted.

I think the nonsense being peddled by some here about pressure from sponsors is lads with some sort of axe to grind, I think Harte and the panel are doing the right thing on a matter of principle. RTE have treated the Harte family, Tyrone players and the wider Tyrone GAA community disgracefully so f**k them.

McAleer and Rushe have had plenty of exposure this year from a run to an All Ireland semi-final, I'm sure they're more than happy with that performance. Sad and disappointing to see some people using unconfirmed "sponsor pressure" as a proxy to push an agenda against Harte. How about they show some respect and understanding?

I think you will find I said Mickey is the man for the job and I fully support him staying put. But you are an absolutely deluded armchair fan if you don't understand the money needed today even at club level to compete.

Sponsors weren't happy, end off! You can say they got exposure....they got this.....they got that.... it doesn't matter! Sponsors are simply not lining up anymore and in order to get one a player needs to be available to speak to the media!

I am all for your "f**k the rest, c'mon tyrone" sentiments but in reality money talks and bulls**t walks. Start walking my friend

I am aware of the costs but I don't happen to believe all this "sponsor pressure" bluster that is being bandied about. I'm sure the sponsors are more than happy with the fact their logo and brand were carried by one of the top 4 teams in the country this year rather than missing out on a two minute air time after the game which most people have switched over.

I happen to believe there is no sponsor pressure and people are only using this to push their agenda against Harte.

So no matter how many people say that there is pressure from the sponsers and give reasons why they believe that to be the case, youre just adamant that its all made up. Nobody is arguing that Harte is the best man for the job in a footballing sense, but he cannot have the final say on everything within the county. As has been stated a lot of money is needed to run a county team, McAleer and Rushe are putting a lot of money forward and arent getting the exposure they signed up for. An agreement was made at the start of the year that players would speak to RTE, this never happened. Promises have been broken by the management. This is why a 1 year deal is the best option, if he tows the line then im sure another year wouldnt be a problem.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

redhandefender

Not great for players profile either or chance of sponsorship deals. Why not let them speak and if Mickey doesn't want to speak to RTE so be it? I don't buy that players have decided, they know they can't step out of the line. Players speak to RTE after they leave the panel anyway

The players would seem to back their manager, I wouldn't imagine Sean Cavanagh would be too keen on giving RTE the time of day with the way he has been portrayed by some of their people over the years, nor would Tiernan McCann or Justin McMahon. Joe McMahon came out a couple of years back with a reminder to people the merits of why they don't speak.

The panel of players seem to be a very tight bunch and have a lot of respect and gratitude for Harte which is good to see. I'm pretty sure they're happy to be playing football and aren't too worried about dealing with RTE and would actually feel quite resentful towards them for how they have been depicted.

I think the nonsense being peddled by some here about pressure from sponsors is lads with some sort of axe to grind, I think Harte and the panel are doing the right thing on a matter of principle. RTE have treated the Harte family, Tyrone players and the wider Tyrone GAA community disgracefully so f**k them.

McAleer and Rushe have had plenty of exposure this year from a run to an All Ireland semi-final, I'm sure they're more than happy with that performance. Sad and disappointing to see some people using unconfirmed "sponsor pressure" as a proxy to push an agenda against Harte. How about they show some respect and understanding?

I think you will find I said Mickey is the man for the job and I fully support him staying put. But you are an absolutely deluded armchair fan if you don't understand the money needed today even at club level to compete.

Sponsors weren't happy, end off! You can say they got exposure....they got this.....they got that.... it doesn't matter! Sponsors are simply not lining up anymore and in order to get one a player needs to be available to speak to the media!

I am all for your "f**k the rest, c'mon tyrone" sentiments but in reality money talks and bulls**t walks. Start walking my friend

I am aware of the costs but I don't happen to believe all this "sponsor pressure" bluster that is being bandied about. I'm sure the sponsors are more than happy with the fact their logo and brand were carried by one of the top 4 teams in the country this year rather than missing out on a two minute air time after the game which most people have switched over.

I happen to believe there is no sponsor pressure and people are only using this to push their agenda against Harte.

Well quite simply you are wrong. You clearly don't understand the commercial world. Business men do not take kindly to broken agreements.

It will get ironed out now and things will be good to go next month!

loughshore lad

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 11, 2015, 11:19:06 AM

So no matter how many people say that there is pressure from the sponsers and give reasons why they believe that to be the case, youre just adamant that its all made up. Nobody is arguing that Harte is the best man for the job in a footballing sense, but he cannot have the final say on everything within the county. As has been stated a lot of money is needed to run a county team, McAleer and Rushe are putting a lot of money forward and arent getting the exposure they signed up for. An agreement was made at the start of the year that players would speak to RTE, this never happened. Promises have been broken by the management. This is why a 1 year deal is the best option, if he tows the line then im sure another year wouldnt be a problem.

What promises?

the goal was on

Its very telling that prominant players as soon as they leave set up are prepared to work with RTE. surely it tells us that they have no choice in matter when playing for the senior team but as soon as they leave the decision is theirs ans they don't have any problem or issue. So if the players are willing to talk , the county board want talk then there is only one person stopping it. Not that he should sloe his job over it, but he needs to be told this is your job description, these are the duties. Are you happy with this. If there are bits you don't like we will have to put alternative arrangements in pace for example players talking to rte or backroom team.  Either way I think a meeting will help iron all these issues out.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 11, 2015, 11:13:30 AM

How naïve you are. Sponsors pouring £'000s into GAA teams expect every opportunity for exposure to be taken and that includes talking to the national TV station and in fact the biggest exposure possible comes from RTE given the limited viewer numbers on Sky.

I'm not naive at all. I think you and others are completely overstating their expectations. Your thinking seems to be them kicking up a fuss over them not getting 2 minutes airtime with Harte and some of the players. Tyrone are there taking part in a game for 70+ minutes at the business end of the Championship. McAleer and Rushe had 1 McKenna Cup, 5 National League games, 4 Championship games and 2 U21 games with televised coverage this year. Only 2 of them were live on RTE. How many other counties have got the exposure of Tyrone this year on television. I would be surprised if there are more.

I'm sure they are delighted with the exposure they have seen this year with Tyrone but guys like you are perfectly happy to go looking for problems when there are none. All this talk about sponsor pressure is absolute horseshit, there is no shred of evidence to it at all and it's being contrived by some as a proxy to attack Mickey Harte.

Il Bomber Destro

Yes, simply because there is nothing more than bluster behind it. What do you know about the money McAleer and Rushe are putting forward?

They are sponsoring the Tyrone GAA team, the best exposure they can get is by Tyrone being successful, All Ireland U21 champions this year, All Ireland Senior semi-finalists. 12 live telelived games across senior and u21 football during the year. That's been fantastic exposure for them. Meanwhile you and others are on here trying to concoct ructions between the sponsors and their view on the team. Why would two minutes of air time be such a major issue for them with one broadcasters they don't co-operate with. RTE only covered two of those games this year. 

So after a highly successful year for Tyrone during which McAleer and Rushe have received hundreds and hundreds of minutes of airtime with their brand and logo carried across TV stations, they are throwing the toys out of the prams because of the 5 minutes they would have lost to the two games covered on RTE this year?

Come back down to reality and look at what you're saying. If we do have sponsors who are behaving like that, which I don't for one second believe to be the case, then we're better off shot of them.

Up The Middle

Quote from: loughshore lad on September 11, 2015, 11:45:21 AM

What promises?

That players would be made available for interviews. Any current intercounty player will tell you that they have been told NOT to speak to RTE (maybe not directly by MH but by a member of his backroom team).
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 11, 2015, 12:53:13 PM

Yes, simply because there is nothing more than bluster behind it. What do you know about the money McAleer and Rushe are putting forward?

They are sponsoring the Tyrone GAA team, the best exposure they can get is by Tyrone being successful, All Ireland U21 champions this year, All Ireland Senior semi-finalists. 12 live telelived games across senior and u21 football during the year. That's been fantastic exposure for them. Meanwhile you and others are on here trying to concoct ructions between the sponsors and their view on the team. Why would two minutes of air time be such a major issue for them with one broadcasters they don't co-operate with. RTE only covered two of those games this year. 

So after a highly successful year for Tyrone during which McAleer and Rushe have received hundreds and hundreds of minutes of airtime with their brand and logo carried across TV stations, they are throwing the toys out of the prams because of the 5 minutes they would have lost to the two games covered on RTE this year?

Come back down to reality and look at what you're saying. If we do have sponsors who are behaving like that, which I don't for one second believe to be the case, then we're better off shot of them.

From what i hear they have already withheld some of the monies which they were due to pay as they feel contractual obligations have not been met. These 5 minutes of air time which you dismiss so easily are a big part of why the sponers would sign up in the 1st place, coverage of their name and Logo on the national broadcaster.

And if you seriously think i sit about and think of stories to concoct to somehow cause ructions (as you put it) then you are an extremly deluded individual. Maybe we just talk to different people.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 11, 2015, 01:45:23 PM

What promises?

That players would be made available for interviews. Any current intercounty player will tell you that they have been told NOT to speak to RTE (maybe not directly by MH but by a member of his backroom team).

But what promises have the management broken?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 11, 2015, 01:52:53 PM

From what i hear they have already withheld some of the monies which they were due to pay as they feel contractual obligations have not been met. These 5 minutes of air time which you dismiss so easily are a big part of why the sponers would sign up in the 1st place, coverage of their name and Logo on the national broadcaster.

And if you seriously think i sit about and think of stories to concoct to somehow cause ructions (as you put it) then you are an extremly deluded individual. Maybe we just talk to different people.

From what you're hear, so loose talk and innuendo is what you're basing this one?

There has been nothing concrete at all to these murmurs about and I am of the firm belief they are only in place to somehow undermine Harte.

Tyrone had 12 televised games this year between u21 and senior, that's 10 matches of 70 mins + of their logo being all over the screen, 2 matches of 60 mins + of their logo being all over the screen. The broadcaster Harte doesn't speak with only covered two of the games. Instead of cribbing over the five minutes or so they missed out on RTE they should be delighted with the performance of Tyrone and coverage they have received as a result of their extended run in the Championship, the bonus of being associated with a winning U21 teams.

How many other sponsors have got the same level of exposure as McAleer and Rushe have got this year? 2 or 3 at most in the football season, it makes absolutely zero sense that the sponsors should be making such a big deal of a minute matter, they have got a very good return for their money.

Here's James Horan being interviewed by RTE. Where is there any sign of Elverys?

Here's Jim Gavin, where does AIG feature?

Up The Middle

Quote from: loughshore lad on September 11, 2015, 02:01:40 PM

What promises?

If you read what i posted you would have your answer.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 11, 2015, 02:30:51 PM

From what you're hear, so loose talk and innuendo is what you're basing this one?

There has been nothing concrete at all to these murmurs about and I am of the firm belief they are only in place to somehow undermine Harte.

Tyrone had 12 televised games this year between u21 and senior, that's 10 matches of 70 mins + of their logo being all over the screen, 2 matches of 60 mins + of their logo being all over the screen. The broadcaster Harte doesn't speak with only covered two of the games. Instead of cribbing over the five minutes or so they missed out on RTE they should be delighted with the performance of Tyrone and coverage they have received as a result of their extended run in the Championship, the bonus of being associated with a winning U21 teams.

How many other sponsors have got the same level of exposure as McAleer and Rushe have got this year? 2 or 3 at most in the football season, it makes absolutely zero sense that the sponsors should be making such a big deal of a minute matter, they have got a very good return for their money.

Here's James Horan being interviewed by RTE. Where is there any sign of Elverys?

There are plenty of pics online where they are clearly wearing their sponsers logos and names, you chose 2 where they were not. I dont have a clue how too post pictures on this.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 11, 2015, 02:34:07 PM

What promises?

I can read perfectly well.  You said:

An agreement was made at the start of the year that players would speak to RTE, this never happened. Promises have been broken by the management.

and

That players would be made available for interviews

You haven't ever clarified what promises were made or broken by management.

Did the management make an agreement at the start of the year?

redhandefender

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 11, 2015, 02:30:51 PM

You are completely clueless and have the business acumen of Del Boy Trotter. Concocting stories? wise up, you are the sensationalist one on here hyperventilating about the county board wanting to talk to a manager prior to giving him the hot seat for another year. There is no conspiracy theory or anyone making up anything. This issue is widely known in the media. As you clearly don't have a commercial brain cell out of the 2 you possess myself and a few others have tried to point out the singular glaring issue which needs addressed.

Its clears now it is not going in however so by replying I am adding to you blowing this thing out of proportion. Thanks God you aren't involved with the County Board.........or maybe you are....that would explain a few things

Up The Middle

Quote from: loughshore lad on September 11, 2015, 02:41:11 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on September 11, 2015, 02:34:07 PM

What promises?

I can read perfectly well.  You said:

An agreement was made at the start of the year that players would speak to RTE, this never happened. Promises have been broken by the management.

and

That players would be made available for interviews

You haven't ever clarified what promises were made or broken by management.

Did the management make an agreement at the start of the year?

YES. That players would be available for interview.