End Game for Mickey?

Started by Bo Man, September 02, 2015, 01:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 09, 2015, 11:30:50 PM
Quote from: Rodman on September 09, 2015, 10:00:15 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on September 09, 2015, 09:35:52 PM
It happened , 100% it happened. She's the county chairwoman. She deserves more respect than that.
I'd imagine all players were changed by the time she entered....

If that happened,  Mickey was right, She has no business there whether she is county chairperson or not. I'd of done same.

100% agree. The county chairperson doesn't walk into the changing room and start making demands of the players after a game. Shows massive inexperience on her behalf and calls into question her judgement in my view.

It was a very reasonable demand. The players are very well looked after and a few media demands to keep the sponsors happy shouldn't be an issue to cause a row.

nrico2006

Does anybody actually know the full and real story with Paddy Tally?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

longballin

At last a county chairperson standing up to Mickey Harte!  :)

Gold

Quote from: longballin on September 10, 2015, 10:08:46 AM
At last a county chairperson standing up to Mickey Harte!  :)

You're all talking like Mickey is some sort or baddie----he brought you to the promised land---3 AI Titles FFS!!

And the Chairperson should not be near the changing room--I'd have told her to get the F out too --smacks of a woman who's an egomaniac --even that TV show/piece on the Sports News or whatever it was would tell you as much
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

longballin

He did... so did the most talented group of players we ever had.   

Gold

Quote from: longballin on September 10, 2015, 11:13:23 AM
He did... so did the most talented group of players we ever had.

Who would you prefer in as manager in his stead?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

longballin

No doubting Harte's management skills but way he has treated people has been less impressive. I'd like to see Canavan/Tally..

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on September 10, 2015, 06:52:11 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 09, 2015, 11:30:50 PM
Quote from: Rodman on September 09, 2015, 10:00:15 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on September 09, 2015, 09:35:52 PM
It happened , 100% it happened. She's the county chairwoman. She deserves more respect than that.
I'd imagine all players were changed by the time she entered....

If that happened,  Mickey was right, She has no business there whether she is county chairperson or not. I'd of done same.

100% agree. The county chairperson doesn't walk into the changing room and start making demands of the players after a game. Shows massive inexperience on her behalf and calls into question her judgement in my view.

It was a very reasonable demand. The players are very well looked after and a few media demands to keep the sponsors happy shouldn't be an issue to cause a row.

They don't boycott the media, just one broadcaster in general who have a track record in not being fair or sincere regards Tyrone GAA so I have no issue with Mickey Harte or the players telling them to shove it. More power to them.

The problem for me is what would seem to be meddling from county board officials. Tyrone refusing to deal with RTE has its merits and I don't think it is the right thing to do.

JoG2

Quote from: longballin on September 10, 2015, 11:38:28 AM
No doubting Harte's management skills but way he has treated people has been less impressive. I'd like to see Canavan/Tally..

be careful for what you wish for

redhandefender

The big GAA purists here don't seem to realise the cost in running county teams and underage structures today. They are phenominal, an agreement was made to speak to the media. If we don't have the money from sponsors (who aren't lining up anymore then all sections of the county gaa are affected.

On the first night she called at the door of the changing room and asked if a player was available to come out to speak as agreed. She didn't bust in or start shouting demands. She was told where to go! It created bad blood all year with the sponsor. These are business men, if you make an agreement you stick to it.

Mickey is obviously the right man for the job and 100% behind him BUT if he wants the money to run his team like he needs to then he needs to keep the sponsors happy. I couldn't care less about RTE but if it is effecting the future of the GAA in Tyrone then it needs to be addressed.

Listen he will stay and rightfully so but the issue needs ironed out now. CB are acting correctly for once. Would everyone calm down!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: redhandefender on September 10, 2015, 03:55:12 PM
The big GAA purists here don't seem to realise the cost in running county teams and underage structures today. They are phenominal, an agreement was made to speak to the media. If we don't have the money from sponsors (who aren't lining up anymore then all sections of the county gaa are affected.

On the first night she called at the door of the changing room and asked if a player was available to come out to speak as agreed. She didn't bust in or start shouting demands. She was told where to go! It created bad blood all year with the sponsor. These are business men, if you make an agreement you stick to it.

Mickey is obviously the right man for the job and 100% behind him BUT if he wants the money to run his team like he needs to then he needs to keep the sponsors happy. I couldn't care less about RTE but if it is effecting the future of the GAA in Tyrone then it needs to be addressed.

Listen he will stay and rightfully so but the issue needs ironed out now. CB are acting correctly for once. Would everyone calm down!

RTE are not the only media outlet and they've had no problem laying the boot in on us unfairly overy the years so f**k them.

omaghjoe

Quote from: redhandefender on September 10, 2015, 03:55:12 PM

What was agreed?

longballin

has been a trail of media outlets not spoken to since Harte took over...

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: longballin on September 10, 2015, 05:03:52 PM
has been a trail of media outlets not spoken to since Harte took over...

And we also speak to/engage with plenty of others.

longballin

if they bow and don't question him at all... Tyrone Times, The Star also were blacklisted and Tyrone radio show told no co-operation from manager and team unless they removed Noel McGinn who questioned the selection of player in back line