Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: God14 on January 06, 2014, 12:36:20 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on January 06, 2014, 12:20:28 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 05, 2014, 09:54:41 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on January 03, 2014, 08:35:51 PM
Not a Clonoe man starting, nothing changes much? I predict the Clonoe men will be back at the club sooner rather than later

Clonoe are a good all round team. Mcaliskey is probably the player most suited to county football and was there last year. Other players have been given chances over the years and a few more this year. This craic about an anti clone agenda is nonsense.
Pray tell what players other than Mc Aliskey have been given opportunities. Stevie Mc Nulty was on the panel two years ago and got, all told about 45 minutes in the season. Can't recall any of our players in the past 6 yrs playing National League games. But you may be able to name one to back up your theory that others have been given chances

Doris & Stevie McNulty have been in the squad & im sure if they were good enough they would have seen more game time. That may sound harsh but its reality. They are two excellent footballers but the fact is they came through at a time of unprecedented success.
Maybe only Shane O'Hagan can count himself unlucky for not getting a call up.
At the moment you have McAliskey, the sub keeper O'neill , PJ Lavery & young Dan McNulty - whom I have high expectations of. Quality young player. That's a fair representation. No conspiracy here. If players are good enough Mickey will play them, end of.

Doris got 15 minutes at the end of a mc kenna cup game and saw no more game time, he eventually left for fear of getting no football at all. As you said yourself theygot no game time so how could they be assessed. I have no doubt the three lads called up will be used for in house games and see no proper game time time. And I will tell u better, Mc Aliskey only got a chance last year because Mickeys hand was forced due to injuries to Coney, RON and Mc Curry, he had to play him and found to his surprise he was good enough, why?, because he was given a proper chance unlike Doris or Mc Nulty.

We will see how much of a chance he gives PJ, Dan or Mickey O Neill.

Redhand Santa

Not a Clonoe man starting, nothing changes much? I predict the Clonoe men will be back at the club sooner rather than later

Clonoe are a good all round team. Mcaliskey is probably the player most suited to county football and was there last year. Other players have been given chances over the years and a few more this year. This craic about an anti clone agenda is nonsense.
Pray tell what players other than Mc Aliskey have been given opportunities. Stevie Mc Nulty was on the panel two years ago and got, all told about 45 minutes in the season. Can't recall any of our players in the past 6 yrs playing National League games. But you may be able to name one to back up your theory that others have been given chances

Colm Donnelly
http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2007/0203/214104-tyrone/

Also others have been part of the squad at various times. I don't buy into the anti Clonoe agenda. A good team with good players no doubt and hopefully a couple of others can shine this year.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 06, 2014, 12:44:38 PM

Colm Donnelly

Also others have been part of the squad at various times. I don't buy into the anti Clonoe agenda. A good team with good players no doubt and hopefully a couple of others can shine this year.

That's 7 years ago man, I am taking about the last few years when it is obvious some of our players are of that standard.

God14

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on January 06, 2014, 12:43:23 PM
Quote from: God14 on January 06, 2014, 12:36:20 PM

Doris & Stevie McNulty have been in the squad & im sure if they were good enough they would have seen more game time. That may sound harsh but its reality. They are two excellent footballers but the fact is they came through at a time of unprecedented success.
Maybe only Shane O'Hagan can count himself unlucky for not getting a call up.
At the moment you have McAliskey, the sub keeper O'neill , PJ Lavery & young Dan McNulty - whom I have high expectations of. Quality young player. That's a fair representation. No conspiracy here. If players are good enough Mickey will play them, end of.

Doris got 15 minutes at the end of a mc kenna cup game and saw no more game time, he eventually left for fear of getting no football at all. As you said yourself they no game time so how could they be assessed. I have no doubt the three lads called up eill be used as in house games and see no proper game time time. And I will tell u better, Mc Aliskey only got a chance last year because Mickeys hand was forced due to injuries to Coney, RON and Mc Curry, he had to play him and found to his surprise he was good enough, why?, because he was given a proper chance unlike the Doris or Mc Nulty.

You've answered your own question there. Maybe if he had of hung in there, he's have saw more game time. Plenty of examples of fellas coming into the panel & taking a year or two to adjust & in turn see game time.

Also, re McAliskey. Last year was his first year on the panel. He started a national league final & started the Ulster championship opener v Donegal (albeit subbed early after picking up a booking) and he started an All Ireland semi final. Mickey placed plenty of trust in the lad, and he did well. No story here. Clonoe have won 2 titles in the past 6 years - brilliant - but why do you feel so hard done by? As I said previous they have a good representation on the county panel.

God14

Colm Donnelly

Im fairly certain Ryan T O'Neill played McKenna cup as well at some stage during Hartes tenure.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: God14 on January 06, 2014, 01:02:47 PM

Colm Donnelly

Im fairly certain Ryan T O'Neill played McKenna cup as well at some stage during Hartes tenure.

Correct, Ryan T was on panel at same time as Doris and got similar game time as I recall.

No anti Clonoe bias. Would like to see players get a run, but at same time that doesnt actually benefit the club.

Every club in the country can gripe about a player who should be on county panel. Nothing unique about our boys
First on the field and last to leave

EC Unique

Errigal won the Championship last season yet at present we only have 2 on the Tyrone panel. It is the least amount of representation I can remember in a long time. Just because you have a great team does not mean you have lots of great players. I would suggest the best performer Clonoe have is Damian Cassidy. He is able to get the maximum out of these group of lads collectively.

Beantown

Quote from: EC Unique on January 06, 2014, 03:55:03 PM
Errigal won the Championship last season yet at present we only have 2 on the Tyrone panel. It is the least amount of representation I can remember in a long time. Just because you have a great team does not mean you have lots of great players. I would suggest the best performer Clonoe have is Damian Cassidy. He is able to get the maximum out of these group of lads collectively.

Only 2???
McRory McGinley and Harte to come back.. Hmmmmm.... 2 too many to be honest...

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Beantown on January 06, 2014, 04:14:42 PM

Only 2???

Mcginley and Harte well worth there place on the panel. I'm not convinced with mcrory but corner back options are limited.

TabClear

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 06, 2014, 07:20:20 PM
Quote from: Beantown on January 06, 2014, 04:14:42 PM

Only 2???

Mcginley and Harte well worth there place on the panel. I'm not convinced with mcrory but corner back options are limited.
[/b]

Top quality corner backs are a dying breed across the country. A combination of sweepers, blanket defences and too much protection being given to forwards mean that the sight of a corner back and corner forward sprinting 20 yards to compete for a ball is becoming rarer.

whatsthescore

Where bouts is this new stand going in garvaghy? How many spectators can it hold?

orangeman

Quote from: whatsthescore on January 07, 2014, 01:27:43 PM
Where bouts is this new stand going in garvaghy? How many spectators can it hold?

It'll be on the fenced off pitch and it will mobile so that it can be moved to suit the prevailing winds.

It'll hold enough for club Tyrone members. Plenty big.

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on January 07, 2014, 01:46:14 PM

It'll be on the fenced off pitch and it will mobile so that it can be moved to suit the prevailing winds.

What about the Garvaghey patrons?

Will they get a special seat? Maybe something like those ones you see the subs sitting on in Croke Park?

orangeman

Quote from: loughshore lad on January 07, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

Will they get a special seat? Maybe something like those ones you see the subs sitting on in Croke Park?

These ones ?.

loughshore lad

Quote from: orangeman on January 07, 2014, 02:56:29 PM
Quote from: loughshore lad on January 07, 2014, 02:51:29 PM

These ones ?.

Yes those!!