Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: giveherlong on October 08, 2013, 09:41:35 AM
Just getting round to reading the Tyrone herald this morning
Damian Cassidy said clonoe also have an u21 final coming up. Is that grade 2 as I'm assuming the Greencastle fianna game is grade 1?

Why would you assume that it was a grade 2 final?

We're are in the grade 1 final with 7 of the players in the senior panel u21. Healthy stuff

Tommo2

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 08, 2013, 09:39:42 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 08, 2013, 12:01:02 AM
Eskra full back is Scullion , an import from Down.
The midfielder was probably eoin mccaffery

Yeah, I think you're right. I was told that the FB was a Down man.

He is actually a Bellaghy man, moved to Down and now in sunny Eskra.

giveherlong

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on October 08, 2013, 11:17:11 AM
Quote from: giveherlong on October 08, 2013, 09:41:35 AM
Just getting round to reading the Tyrone herald this morning
Damian Cassidy said clonoe also have an u21 final coming up. Is that grade 2 as I'm assuming the Greencastle fianna game is grade 1?

Why would you assume that it was a grade 2 final?

We're are in the grade 1 final with 7 of the players in the senior panel u21. Healthy stuff
Great going for clonoe to be in that position and the envy of most other clubs. The only reason I thought coalisland was grade 1 is that they usually are grade 1 at minor level. Who do you's face in u21 final?

Wee Roddy

I see over on the Derry board there is a discussion whether or not Clonoe will put it up to Ballinderry ;D
Wee Barney and Co will be loving this altogether.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 08, 2013, 01:28:56 PM
I see over on the Derry board there is a discussion whether or not Clonoe will put it up to Ballinderry ;D
Wee Barney and Co will be loving this altogether.

believe me we aren't getting carried away with all the hype.  We know carmen are where they want to be, under the radar and everyone blowing clonoe up.

Clonoe won't take Carrickmore lightly, never have never will.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

RandyDupree

Quote from: Up The Middle on October 08, 2013, 01:47:48 PM
believe me we aren't getting carried away with all the hype.  We know carmen are where they want to be, under the radar and everyone blowing clonoe up.

Clonoe won't take Carrickmore lightly, never have never will.

Clonoe will walk it. That Carrickmore side are a shadow of the former greats. Skeet and Colly will toast them. Launch it into Big Dan and it could be a cricket score.

Wee Roddy

Perhaps Clonoe may walk it but a team that gets to a county final deserves some respect. I would go as far as to say that its the most dangerous forward line I have seen coming out of Carrickmore. There is frightening pace it it. There was an impressive list of subs who came on last week, add Gaby who had a knock and a returning Johnny Monroe and Paul Hughes and its a strong strong squad

GerryFromDerry

Looking forward to the Tyrone final on Sunday as we will be playing the winners the following Sunday in Ulster. I presume if it finishes a draw extra time will be played.

Looks like Clonoe are warm favourites, but surely Carrickmore wil be hungry for this one, not having won it since 2005.

When was the last time a team won 3 in a row Tyrone senior C'ships?
Up the Shamrocks!

Wee Roddy

The last time was Carrickmore 77-79. They had a chance to emulate it but lost in a replay in 2006 to Errigal Ciaran. In my opinion that team never recovered from it. It was a massive disappointment as most of them had their medals but had grown up hearing about the 3 in a row teams.
When was the last time it was done in Derry?

Wee Roddy

No one has won back to back in Tyrone since 2005. Its a crazy championship

God14

Gerry
Carrickmore did 3 in a row in the late 70's I believe.

Some achievement that by Ballinderry.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 08, 2013, 02:38:15 PM
Perhaps Clonoe may walk it but a team that gets to a county final deserves some respect. I would go as far as to say that its the most dangerous forward line I have seen coming out of Carrickmore. There is frightening pace it it. There was an impressive list of subs who came on last week, add Gaby who had a knock and a returning Johnny Monroe and Paul Hughes and its a strong strong squad

Wee Roddy I can assure the Carmen have our respect, we played Carmen in the championship 2011 and it was a draw followed by a draw and extra time. Some crap and wind up merchants being spouted here. This is a 50/50 game, Carmen haven't gotten 15 titles by rolling over. We have never had anything easy from them, and Sunday will be no different,a tough battle. Carrickmore are a championship team, end of.

loughshore lad

Quote from: GerryFromDerry on October 08, 2013, 02:51:56 PM
Looking forward to the Tyrone final on Sunday as we will be playing the winners the following Sunday in Ulster. I presume if it finishes a draw extra time will be played.

Looks like Clonoe are warm favourites, but surely Carrickmore will be hungry for this one, not having won it since 2005.

When was the last time a team won 3 in a row Tyrone senior C'ships?

It will have to be ET if its level at the end of normal time due to the Ulster Club being the next week. 

It was the same scenario in 2008 when Clonoe beat Dromore AET and had to play St Eunan's a week later.  In 2011 Dromore had to play Ballinderry a week after winning the county title, when they beat Clonoe in the final. 

I think Clonoe will win next week but it will be a mighty battle with Carmen who are a championship team but regardless of who wins its ludicrous the Tyrone CCC have put the winner in that position and its a massive advantage for Ballinderry.

The fixtures in Tyrone this year have been a complete mess.

nrico2006

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 08, 2013, 02:38:15 PM

Are Paul Daly, Peader McMahon, Finbar Magill or Michael Gallagher still playing?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GerryFromDerry

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 08, 2013, 03:16:15 PM
The last time was Carrickmore 77-79. They had a chance to emulate it but lost in a replay in 2006 to Errigal Ciaran. In my opinion that team never recovered from it. It was a massive disappointment as most of them had their medals but had grown up hearing about the 3 in a row teams.
When was the last time it was done in Derry?

Ballinderry '11/'12/'13
Bellaghy  '98/'99/'00
Ballinderry '80/'81/'82

Bellaghy also done in the 60s, not sure which years
Up the Shamrocks!