Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Hopefully his ban will carry over into the PL...
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ONeill

Massive, massive, massive 3 days for Arsenal. Win away and home v Bolton by a combined +4 goal difference and the Gunners are top of the league before the 4 game run against the big clubs. Nervous about today though. Hate playing Bolton and throw in their hero manager's first game......get stuck in.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Damn Gooners really don't like it up them....

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Massive win. Finish the job on Wednesday and then take all 4 games one at a time.

Hopefully Bendtner, Walcott and Clichy will be back by then.

new devil

Quote from: stiffler on January 12, 2010, 08:20:36 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 12, 2010, 08:16:01 PM
There's no way Campbell can be anywhere up to speed with Premier League football. The likes of Torres would surely murder him.

not too many premier league footballers that are like torres

Its a good job or they would always be injured  :P

Dinny Breen

QuoteHopefully Bendtner, Walcott and Clichy will be back by then.

Clichy came on in the 2nd half, nice tactical change by Wenger, brought him into left midfield to give Traore a dig out, it completely annulled Bolton's attacking threat (it was all coming down that side) and made the last 20 quite comfortable. 
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Yea, I mean in the starting line up. If Arsenal can approach the final third of the season with Clichy-Verm-Gallas-Sagna
Walcott-Fab-Song-Nasri
Arshavin-Bendtner

with Rosicky, Eduardo, Diaby and Denilson chomping at the bit, Arsenal have a great chance of lasting the pace. Probably relegate Walcott unless his form returns.

Billys Boots

Is Bendtner going to be any good?  Never impressed with his technique or finishing; but he certainly knows how to get into position up front.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ONeill

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 18, 2010, 10:56:24 AM
Is Bendtner going to be any good?  Never impressed with his technique or finishing; but he certainly knows how to get into position up front.

He's always on the verge of being good. Even when Wenger played him out on the wing last year he had his moments. Unfortunately he has that Forlan-at-Utd disease and misses some clinkers. He definitely thinks he's good though.

ONeill

What is going on at the Arsenal training ground though. Nasri and Ramsey both out now for a while.

Billys Boots

Quote from: ONeill on January 18, 2010, 11:04:08 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on January 18, 2010, 10:56:24 AM

He's always on the verge of being good. Even when Wenger played him out on the wing last year he had his moments. Unfortunately he has that Forlan-at-Utd disease and misses some clinkers. He definitely thinks he's good though.

Yeah, I get the impression that his team mates don't share his opinion.  When he does score he seems to come late into the box - not a good portent for a man who wants to lead the line. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on January 18, 2010, 10:51:05 AM
Yea, I mean in the starting line up. If Arsenal can approach the final third of the season with Clichy-Verm-Gallas-Sagna
Walcott-Fab-Song-Nasri
Arshavin-Bendtner

with Rosicky, Eduardo, Diaby and Denilson chomping at the bit, Arsenal have a great chance of lasting the pace. Probably relegate Walcott unless his form returns.

Rosicky in for Walcott.
MWWSI 2017

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: muppet on January 19, 2010, 05:23:56 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 18, 2010, 10:51:05 AM
Walcott-Fab-Song-Nasri
Arshavin-Bendtner

I don't see why they would change to 4-4-2 either. Have been doing well with 4-4-3 so far this year.
Rosicky in for Walcott.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Dinny Breen

I don't see why they would change to 4-4-2 either. Have been doing well with 4-4-3 so far this year.
Rosicky in for Walcott.

Well if they're getting away with it....

Diaby for Walcott  for me plus I'd leave Eduardo alone in the 4-3-3, 3 goals and 3 assists last 6 games, The Great Dane would make a greater impact off the bench, the missing plan b maybe...
#newbridgeornowhere

Archie Mitchell

Surely Sol Campbell can't be in that much financial problems. No suing Portsmouth for £1.7m which he claims he is owed. I think I read somewhere before that when Campbell was at Portsmouth, he was on of the top 10 earners in the PL, getting well over £100,000 a week. If that's true, then you can see why Portsmouth are in the situation they are in.