Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy Tight Lips

disappointing result today.a clear lack of quality in key positions (fabianski,silvestre,denilson in paticular) and bad team selection by wenger(arshavin?what was going on there?) cost us dearly in pursuit of a creditable finish to the season.as much as im his biggest critic i actually feel playing a team like chelsea would have suited song because hes physical and chelsea are all very physical too but no he was dropped.would never beat utd with a performance and team like that

gawa316

Why the feck to wenger take off Adebayor and to a lesser extent Van Persie? The FA cup was the arses best chance of a trophy and with 4th all but sealed there is no need to safe them for the Liverpool game on tues.

Where either injured?

Minder

Hopefully Fabianski keeps her lit on Tuesday night.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

That was a really odd selection from Wenger. I know the back 4 were crocked but dropping Arshavin and Nasri was puzzle-some to say the least. Wenger hasn't really taken the FA Cup seriously since he was a serial finalist but I thought after a few years of a drought he'd be going for the balls. Dropping the Russian was the biggest shock, as he cannot play CL football anyway. It does look like Wenger and Fergie are unwilling to risk full teams ahead of the CL games.

Chelsea, and fair play to their manager, went for it in terms of selection and deservedly reached the final.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Just can't fathom what Le Boss was thinking with Arshavin, he's been the catalyst for Arsenal's run in the league and cup, just defies belief especially as O'Neill points out he's not playing CL, just as amazing was that he didn't start Song and left Diaby on the pitch, really that was a game they could have won if Arsenal really wanted it, Wenger obviously feels Man U are their for the taking and has put all his eggs into the CL.

Although far from my favourite club bloody Malouda, Drogba, Lampard, Essien and Ballack were all excellent for Chelsea on Sunday, thank god GH is not hanging around for next season, a fantastic manager and he and his team fully deserved their victory although what has happened Cech  :o

What is it about new stadiums and pitches, Croke Park, Millenium and now Wembley, how hard is it to get it  right from the start....
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 20, 2009, 09:08:32 AM
Just can't fathom what Le Boss was thinking with Arshavin, he's been the catalyst for Arsenal's run in the league and cup, just defies belief especially as O'Neill points out he's not playing CL, just as amazing was that he didn't start Song and left Diaby on the pitch, really that was a game they could have won if Arsenal really wanted it, Wenger obviously feels Man U are their for the taking and has put all his eggs into the CL.

Although far from my favourite club bloody Malouda, Drogba, Lampard, Essien and Ballack were all excellent for Chelsea on Sunday, thank god GH is not hanging around for next season, a fantastic manager and he and his team fully deserved their victory although what has happened Cech  :o

What is it about new stadiums and pitches, Croke Park, Millenium and now Wembley, how hard is it to get it  right from the start....

I thought Essien was quiet to be honest, and Lampard immense.

Do you Goons think that the rest of the Arsenal team seen their line-up and went into a shell i.e. lacked belief? There was never any stage Saturday that I thought Arsenal looked like they might win it. I also thought Wenger's pre match comments about the pitch etc etc set the wrong tone. It gave the players a get out clause as such.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Well well - Wenger does his best to give Liverpool a chance at the title - no Walcott, Adebayor, Diaby, Van Persie - and the Pool are making a hash of it.

Benitez needs to get the finger out at half time.

ildanach

Quote from: ONeill on April 21, 2009, 08:51:22 PM
Well well - Wenger does his best to give Liverpool a chance at the title - no Walcott, Adebayor, Diaby, Van Persie - and the Pool are making a hash of it. Benitez needs to get the finger out at half time.
both injured ....so not taking a chance before man u next week
we seem to be doing ok at the minute!!!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ildanach

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

Defence crap. Liverpool really should take this.

ONeill

ONeill

Walcott on - should offer some kind of threat.

slow corner back

Walcott may offer threat but he will not strengthen your non existent defence!

slow corner back

What a screamer! Fair play to the ruskie

ONeill

Maybe not, but if Liverpool are pushing, he'll hurt them on the break.