Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Walcott stalling on contract.

Walcott signed a £90,000-a-week agreement 18 months ago and is believed to feel he is now worth in excess of £100,000,

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Windmill abu

Walcott's next contract will be for the peak years of his career. He probably feels his wages should be more than a recently signed 33 year old goal keeper said to be £100,000 per week. It is time for Arsenal to decide if he is essential to their ambitions. If he is then give him the pay rise, if not then let him go and cash in on a big transfer fee. Worst scenario he runs down the remainder of his contract and leaves for free.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

From the Bunker

Quote from: Windmill abu on July 21, 2015, 10:10:13 PM
Walcott's next contract will be for the peak years of his career. He probably feels his wages should be more than a recently signed 33 year old goal keeper said to be £100,000 per week. It is time for Arsenal to decide if he is essential to their ambitions. If he is then give him the pay rise, if not then let him go and cash in on a big transfer fee. Worst scenario he runs down the remainder of his contract and leaves for free.

Worst scenario he runs down the remainder of his contract injured and leaves for free.

trileacman

Quote from: ONeill on July 21, 2015, 07:21:15 PM
Walcott stalling on contract.

Walcott signed a £90,000-a-week agreement 18 months ago and is believed to feel he is now worth in excess of £100,000,

That's the best gif I've seen this long time.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ONeill

I know, to an extent, it's not Walcott's fault to think this way - agents and all that.

But FFS, that attitude is mind-blowing for the average Joe - thon boy is earning 100'000 a week, I want 100'001 a week so I feel superior on the training ground.

It's the nature of the beast.

Windmill abu

As much as I take pride in Arsenal F.C. always doing things the "Right Way", we must take notice of the current, agent controlled transfer market.

If we keep contracts in-house, we lessen the agents influence.

If we get involved with transfers for top quality players, then we should be prepared to pay what the market demands.

This also means that we pay the current wages for top quality players already on our books.

As the club with the highest ticket prices for fans for home games, are we within our rights to expect our club to pay the best wages to secure the best talent & trophies and not settle for " at least we are above spurs"

Never underestimate the power of complaining

ONeill

"Top quality" would be an issue here.

Walter Cronc

Theo and Santi sign new deals.

1-2 more players and arguably Arsenal have the strongest squad in the league.

50fiftyball

Are we going to get a striker though? Or is it going to be a case of wait to the last day for a mad scramble and end up with some young "promising" striker, i.e. Sanogo.

Not convinced we can win a title with Giroud.

beer baron

Just a word of warning lads,i'm backing you boys e/w for the Premiership so if you have stinker of a season you know who to blame  ;D

Dinny Breen

Even Arsenal beating Chelsea couldn't raise a smile yesterday.  :-[
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Really dependent on injury-free seasons for the midfielders. If Ramsey, Ozil, Sanchez and Cazorla play 30+ games they'll go close. I've a bad feeling about the Mertesecker/Koscielny partnership. If that goes to pieces what are the options?

ONeill

Walter Cronc

Should be off-loaded to City.

He wouldn't start anyway and his attitude/work rate isn't good enough.

Benzema rumours ain't going away, or is he doing a Ramos and looking a bigger deal.

ONeill