36 (44.4%)
Derry to Win
44 (54.3%)
Draw after extra-time
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Bod Mor

Quote from: Barney on July 18, 2007, 08:46:06 PM
I'm going to place my trust in the man. I do believe in some of the young lads and I hope that a burning desire to succeed will mean that come 2009 or 2010 a town full of Roscommon men will have to spend 12 months looking at the TD living at the edge of the town polishing Sam Maguire every Monday morning before he packs his bags for another week serving his constituents. And if he was to achieve the ultimate John O'Mahony would have done more for the county of Mayo than any politican could ever achieve. The desparation for an All Ireland in the county is crippling at this point in time. I hope we have the coolest head at the helm who will stick with the job and be patient and see it through with that touch of luck that will be needed.

Well Barney, that certainly has brightened up my morning. That is exactly what we neet, optimism looking forward. Deep down I know John O'Mahony is the man to turn things around, we may not do it next year but 2009 I feel we will have a group of lads who will be hungry enough to ate the handles of the Sam Maguire cup!!!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: Barney on July 18, 2007, 08:46:06 PM
The time for bitching is done. I'm going to place my trust in the man. I do believe in some of the young lads and I hope that a burning desire to succeed will mean that come 2009 or 2010 a town full of Roscommon men will have to spend 12 months looking at the TD living at the edge of the town polishing Sam Maguire every Monday morning before he packs his bags for another week serving his constituents.

Johno's been there and done that. Even stood for pictures with anyone in the town who wanted their photo taken with Sam.

Redgreenery

Barney super post, I dont expect huge things next year, even though we could be there or there abouts, the following year then could be good. To be honest I wasnt expecting much from this year, what with all the injuries during the league with new managment added to that I doubted we'd do so good this year, granted I was hoping for a longer run this year but it will probably do a bit of good to the lads getting the long break for the rest of the Summer! As is said many times Keep the Faith!

rosnarun

I too agree with 90% of waht barney said including for the 1st time ever on P gardiner which make me think most people didnt read his post correctly.

you'll all be delighted to know this is My last say on the subject untill the couty board kick him out or he 'resigns'
in summarry
the wrong man was appointed for the wrong reasons at the wring time and he accepted it for the wrong reason.
he fecked up a team of potential All ireland winners in to a team that gets beaten by the likes of derry and godhelp us donegal. At least in the end he brought in a few new faces after he realize what a bags he made of things but then he completly chickened out with 15 minutes to go  and tried to revert to Mickey morans team and mayo went from being level to being humiliated as they lost all shep and looked like headless leaderless chickens and poor aidan campbell was made a laughing stock of.
BUT yet people on this board are still trying to make the facts fit the Jom is till our lord god and Messiah see below.

and BTW when id thisd master stoke Of Kevin O neill as captain going to pay off

This was supposed to be a Positive reponse?

1. The players for one are all a year older than last year.  negative Excuses . this is a suprise?.
2. Ciaran McDonald is NOT the countries best player. negative Excuses matter of opinion dara ose only comp.
3. Peadar Gardiner is a back who can attack but not defend.negative Excuses. cliched bullshit.
4. Geraghty is far too small.negative Excuses never ever let mayo down .
5. Kenneth O'Malley is just coming back from injury. negative Excuses still better than clarke .
6. Kilcoyne is an excellent forward, but as of yet he never tracks back to help with the defence, O'Mahoney is trying to train him to do this & rest assured once he improves in this aspect he will be playing alot.negative Excuses if we have more excellent for wards wed never lose any game .
7. Marty Mac is a great talent, but he needs to show it more at County level when he gets yet another shot.negative Excuses Marty Mac is a great talentPeriod .
8. David Brady is no longer anything more than a bit player, & he has not been @ his best of late.negative Excuses. so why was half the country goining crazzty to have him on the team and who's better?.
9. Our midfield is seriously crippled in comparrison to 2004 & 2006 because of Ronan McGarritys illness.negative Excuses all teams have injuries.
10. Under-21s dont suddenly become great Senior players without time & coaching.negative Excuses Im confused are the team too old or too young?.
11. Our so called traditional style of football has not delivered an All-Ireland in 56 going on 57 years.negative Excuses  and a high ball to barry moran at the cost of all other stategy will?.
12. O'Mahoney has set up shadow panels who are all on skills, weight training and correct diets, it will show over the next two years.Done before omahony came
13. In reality I'm sure Moran & Morrison are looking @ their harsh treatment as a blessing in disguise.(why becaause JOM ballsed it up?)
)
14. We tried players that looked great in the Club Championship such as Devanney, he wasn't up to the pace.negative ( i alway said he was crap does that mean you dont try any other players #? horse shit .
15. Keith Higgins was a massive loss (more so to the hurlers)negative Excuses see num 9.
16. A new set of players take time to gel together.  negative Excuses most managers  do best in their 1st year .
17. Drop the Political Bullshit & people might take your football related argument more seriously. (even barney knows this was a huge factor)

Thank you and goodnight
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

AbbeySider

Quote from: rosnarun on July 19, 2007, 10:49:15 AM

negative Excuses....

There isnt really any point in arguing any more. You are in complete denial. I have never seen anyting like it.

We are not good enough this year ros, get over it scan!

Oh wait let me guess... that negative Excuses again?  :P

intoDwest

Lads its about time we moved this discussion to the local section , Its no longer got anything to do with Derry.

Pietas

Quote from: intoDwest on July 19, 2007, 11:44:49 AM
Lads its about time we moved this discussion to the local section , Its no longer got anything to do with Derry.

It has no longer anything to do with rational debate.  :'(
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

Fishead_Sam

Lads I'm going to pull across one or two quotes to the Mayo football thread, then lock this thread, sorry to any of the Mayo or Derry folk who may want to continue on the match.