Most exciting AI run in

Started by Mike Sheehy, July 31, 2010, 06:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

Well, its disappointing but it was time for a change.

If Roscommon and Kildare win it will probably be the most exciting run in to an AI we will ever see as the hype will be unreal in the counties involved.

whats the most exciting buildup to a game you've had ? For me it was the '97 AI. Hunger is the best sauce.

muppet

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 31, 2010, 06:41:57 PM

If Roscommon and Kildare win it will probably be the most exciting run in to an AI we will ever see as the hype will be unreal in the counties involved.

whats the most exciting buildup to a game you've had ? For me it was the '97 AI. Hunger is the best sauce.

Hunger! Ye were between courses.

Best build up for me the 1989 final. 8,000 people at training ffs.
MWWSI 2017

Tyrone_redhand

2005 final. We had gotten the monkey off our backs in 2003. Some craic we had I can tell you !

Mickeys beard

Here here.  There's a strange feeling of relief-might bode well for the Kerry, Tyrone teams of the future.  2005 semi against Armagh and final.  Then Derrylaughan v Brocagh in the first round of the U16 championship in 1995 at Brocagh.  Nearly soiled myself. 
Boil the Drawers!

Maguire01

I'd love to see Down or Kildare go all the way. Obviously i'd like to see Roscommon as well, but just can't see that at all. Meath don't deserve it after the Leinster final saga.

Hardy

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 31, 2010, 07:03:38 PM
I'd love to see Down or Kildare go all the way. Obviously i'd like to see Roscommon as well, but just can't see that at all. Meath don't deserve it after the Leinster final saga.

Heh heh. How sweet it would be to shove this crap down so many throats.

Maguire01

Quote from: Hardy on July 31, 2010, 07:05:40 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 31, 2010, 07:03:38 PM

Heh heh. How sweet it would be to shove this crap down so many throats.
Why is it crap?

Hardy

Sorry - I am partisan here.

If we were to win it, it would be the sweetest ever because so many want us to lose.

Anyway, "deserve" doesn't enter the sporting vocabulary.

Maguire01

Quote from: Hardy on July 31, 2010, 07:20:15 PM
Anyway, "deserve" doesn't enter the sporting vocabulary.
It does. A lot. It just doesn't make any difference!

ziggysego

The 2007 All-ireland Final on a cold March night. Stuff of dreams ;)
Testing Accessibility

johnpower

just sawb the free dvd of last years championship -After today need to frame it

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: muppet on July 31, 2010, 06:47:49 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 31, 2010, 06:41:57 PM

Hunger! Ye were between courses.

Best build up for me the 1989 final. 8,000 people at training ffs.

yes we beat Offaly in the final, Cork beat Mayo after us
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

DUBSFORSAM1

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than watching Dublin beat Meath in the final...

johnpower

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 31, 2010, 11:12:12 PM
Nothing would give me greater pleasure than watching Dublin beat Meath in the final...

Your wish may well be granted . well done today some man Gilroy